Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2007, 3:14 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

But no one really knows if Gríma loved Éowyn or if he only desired her for power and greed and all that jazz. I have a soft spot for Gríma, and I choose to believe that he really did love her. I think that he cried when he saw Saruman's army because he realized the magnitude of what he had done, and he felt sorry for it. Perhaps not of for all of Rohan, but he realized what he did, and if only for Éowyn (because I insist on that), he felt bad.

I think that the reason Gríma went to Saruman is because...I think Saruman somehow knew that Gríma loved Éowyn, and he used that as bait to get Gríma to do his dirty work for him.

But, again, I have a soft spot for Grima. *shrugs*

I'm on fanfiction.net. Find me!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2007, 5:41 pm 

I dunno, I was always of the impression that Grima had been shunned in Rohan's community most of his life which was probably why he went into Saruman's shelter of power. He was too weak to gain his own power, so he latched on to Saruman in the hopes that he could gain some.

Because of this, I do not see Grima as someone who is capable of love. Soft spot or no for Grima, he definitely is not a good character. We may pity him for the way in which he probably grew up, but we can not pity him for the choices he made in his adult life. I definitely think that Grima thought of Eowyn as more of a lust object than anything else.

In the movie, it is hinted that Grima may have been the reason for Theodred's death. If he had loved Eowyn, I think he would have taken into consideration the effect his death would have on her. If he loved her, he wouldn't want to see her in pain.

His lust for her led him to do terrible things, just so that he could get what he wanted. No power of love would cause someone to such things. Even if people do bad things in the name of love, I would think that person not in their right mind. Love is something pure, not to be used in unpure acts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2007, 11:03 pm 

*le nod* Everyone is definitely capable of love. It may not be the kind of love that we always think of though. Love for something does not have to be the amorous and undying love from books and movies, nay, it can be love for a precious belonging or beloved pet or even such things as power. Grima, whilst I'm sure he only ever lusted or obssessed over Éowyn, loved something in his life at one point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2007, 11:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

^ His mother! :)

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2007, 8:58 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Well, I remain adamant on my position. I still think that Grima was...good. I mean, obviously he turned out bad, but I think that he really did love Eowyn, and then he was driven to Saruman because he promised Eowyn's "love," and was corrupted by Saruman into thinking of Eowyn as more of an object than a person to be loved. Then, when he saw what he had done, when he saw Saruman's army, he felt guilty. I really doubt that his tear was a tear of happiness. He looked terrified. But, again, I can see that no one is going to agree with me. :bye2:

I'm on fanfiction.net. Find me!

Profile       WWW