Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did any of you think that F/E in the movie was unrealistic?
PostPosted: June 26th, 2005, 5:05 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I was really upset by this. The overemphasis on A/E made it look like Eowyn was on the rebound. It made her look flighty to accept Faramir so quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 11:40 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Ya I kinda saw it that way to, but I think they inproved that in the extended version didn't they? I could be wrong though

:bye2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 8:00 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

not really

I miss that, E/F are my favorite couple

I feel jipped off because they didn't develop their relationship that much, just as friends/ almost a couple

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 5:24 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Sorry if this offends anyone... I always really hated the way the movies made it look like Faramir was Eowyn's "better than nothing" choice. I mean even in the books, she says he wasn't her first choice but then I guess Aragorn couldn't have two wives now could he? lol. The extended did go a little deeper into how they came to be together but still not enough. I'm sorry, I just didn't like the concept at all :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2005, 9:57 pm 

Niether did I. I don't think it was really fair. :disgust:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 5:42 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

i thought it that way too until i began to understand that love struk her and she couldnt just run away becaue she thought she was like still in love with aragorn. i mean if you really love someone it doesnt really matter how fast you move

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2005, 6:12 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

That's a good point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2005, 3:29 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Love your icon trueelvenwarrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2005, 4:45 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I totally agree with you fbc - after having built up Eowyn's crush on Aragorn to such an extent that she appears to desire death when he turns her down - she just doesn't get the payoff that she deserves.

PJ did the right thing in putting emphasis on the Aragorn/Arwen relationship since Aragorn is one of the main protagonists in the story, so to ignore his enduring relationship with Arwen would have been silly. But PJ then totally lets Eowyn down by leaving her stranded, standing next to Faramir and seeming to think - o.k you'll do.

To be fair, Miranda Otto played the scene where Eowyn switches to Faramir extremely well under the circumstances - her steady gaze as she slowly begins to smile says so much without a word being spoken. Yet there is no build up to that moment for her. It is inferred that they know each other and have spoken before (no Gentleman would just walk up to a Lady to whom he had not been introduced and start wittering on about the weather) but there is no development.

Sorry for yet another long post (I should change my username to The long Poster!). ;)

Be alert - the world needs more lerts :guitar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2005, 11:13 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Mablung, you are a god-send. :-D One of the most reasonable Tolkien fans I know. Totally agree with you. *hugs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2005, 1:09 pm 
Vala
Vala

If there had been more E/F scenes than this problem would have been fixed. It's ridiculous how many E/A scenes there are compared to how many E/F scenes there are (which is 1 scene, only in the EE).

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2005, 2:26 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

I didn't read ROTK book and I had no idea that Eowyn and Faramir even had a love relationship before I came to this site.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2005, 2:30 pm 
Maia
Maia

Beriadanwen wrote:
If there had been more E/F scenes than this problem would have been fixed. It's ridiculous how many E/A scenes there are compared to how many E/F scenes there are (which is 1 scene, only in the EE).

I agree with you!! :-D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: !
PostPosted: July 12th, 2005, 2:48 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Lady Dark Moon wrote:
I didn't read ROTK book and I had no idea that Eowyn and Faramir even had a love relationship before I came to this site.

I think that Lady Dark Moon has hit the nail on the head here. To those who had not read the books, there is nothing concrete in the Theatrical Version of the film to really show that Faramir and Eowyn get together (one brief glance at the Coronation!), while the EE just vaguely hints at it.

I hadn't read the books at the time, but I had read a synopsis (mainly to appease my Legolas Fangirl friend who was terrified that he might die in the third movie!) So I was aware that the romance took place. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have known either.

It's such a pity because the chapter that the scenes come from 'The Steward and the King' detail a life changing moment for Eowyn - as well as a budding romance - it's one of my favourite chapters in RotK!

Be alert - the world needs more lerts :guitar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2005, 10:21 pm 

Mablung wrote:
I totally agree with you fbc - after having built up Eowyn's crush on Aragorn to such an extent that she appears to desire death when he turns her down - she just doesn't get the payoff that she deserves.

PJ did the right thing in putting emphasis on the Aragorn/Arwen relationship since Aragorn is one of the main protagonists in the story, so to ignore his enduring relationship with Arwen would have been silly. But PJ then totally lets Eowyn down by leaving her stranded, standing next to Faramir and seeming to think - o.k you'll do.

Thank goodness, I'm not the only one that got that impression in that scene in the House of Healing. I thought the whole falling in love thing was WAY too cliche, even for PJ. But I didn't like how PJ showed that in her grief of loosing her cousin, denied by Aragorn, witnessing the death of her fatherly Uncle, that she has her own beacon of light in Faramir. I would've been VERY happy with it if they had more scenes together, to first: building a friendship like as she did with Aragorn - and then a more intimate conversation.

And:
(EOMER pulls FARAMIR aside.)

EOMER: Alright, Steward-Boy. I now have to do a full inspection to see if you meet the full levels of my expectations about how my sister should be treated and if you remotely resemble Wormtongue, down the the color of your toenails, I will not hesitate to go into my war-mode whenever you're in the room. You should see my helmet, it's so cool. Got it?

(FARAMIR gulps and pulls EOWYN aside with them)

FARAMIR: Um...I don't think we're gonna work out. I haven't looked at my toenails in days, weeks even.

EOWYN: [disturbed] Uh...

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2005, 10:56 pm 

Wouldn't E/A actually be A/A for Aragorn and Arwen or are we saying E/A stands for Elrond and Arwen or Ellesar and Arwen. Can someone help me???? I am confuzzled...... :confused: