Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 12:35 am 
Elf
Elf

yeah that would have been awesome! :) though I like the way the movie does it, as you understand they needed to hint at a relationship between Aragorn and Arwen and I suppose that was a way of achieving that!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 12:12 pm 
Elf
Elf

That is true, Alasse, but then again there are other ways they could have done that, it just might have happened a little later on. Such as, they could have shown Arwen leaving the healing room or something, and Aragorn meets her in the hallway and they have a little talk or something, you know? But you're right, that was a nice little hint that PJ stuck in there. :)

^ *sniffles* Thank you all so much! I'm so...so honored...*dabs at eyes*

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 10:17 pm 

There were many times while in Imladris that Aragorn and Arwen could have "bumped" into eachother and had a little conversation or something, so that we would at least know Arwen's character. I think that would have been just as easy to do as the horse chase with the Nazgul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2005, 4:44 am 

StardomeGirl wrote:
Yeah Kitoky, that is very true...I was actually thinking about that a little while ago. Maybe she would just chanting the chant, and then Elrond and Gandalf heard it from afar, (maybe it was a cue or something) and then they did the rest? But then again, they really did make it look like she was the one that brought it up, because when you look at the words she says (in English), it really sounds like she's summoning up the waters, not calling for help. I dunno... :confused:

I suddenly...I-I suddenly have the urge...

Do mind me.

[Elrond and Gandalf sit quietly in his private room in Rivendell.]

GANDALF: Well, this is quite nice, isn't it?

ELROND: [glances over at him] Ah yes, I hear you were very busy being pinned on top of Orthanc. Tell me, how did that feel like?

[Elrond mindlessly takes the remote control and switches the Elven carved TV on]

GANDALF: [beat] It was....[beat] Cold.

ELROND: Hmm.

GANDALF: [Notices the TV] W-what is this?!

ELROND: [confused] What?

[Gandalf gets up and waddles to the TV and prods it with his new staff.]

ELROND: Hey! Watch it!

GANDALF: How on earth did you manage to get something as ingenius as this?!

ELROND: [leans back onto the sofa] Well, I'm not the one calling in for new staffs am I? [smirk]

GANDALF: [glare]

ELROND: The TV I've had for years, didn't you know?

GANDALF: I'm not talking about the TV! I'm talking about the 2000 channel Cable box!

ELROND: Ahhh...yes, it's a real beauty isn't it?

GANDALF: Chyah!

ELROND: I stole it from my mother-in-law.

GANDALF: [beat] You...stole it from...[beat] Galadriel?!

ELROND: It's not like she'd notice. She's much too busy looking at herself in that blasted mirror.

GANDALF: [waddles back over to the sofa and sits] Amazing.

ELROND: [smirking again] Yep, I am.

GANDALF: HDTV?

ELROND: Why wouldn't it be?

GANDALF: [beat] Opera?

ELROND: [beat] ...What?

GANDALF: [pause] Do you have opera?

ELROND: [raises eyebrows in confusion] Uh, well. I'm more of a baseball kind of guy but, let's see...

[Elrond flips through the cable guide for shows.]

ELROND: Here we are...

GANDALF: Ah...my favorite.

ELROND: [watches it and raises an eyebrow]

GANDALF: [glances at Elrond] You should see it in the Grey Havens. I mean, PERFECT surround sound.

ELROND: [beat] Wait....CIRDAN has 2000 channels?!

GANDALF: [looks back at the TV] Yeah. Galadriel gave it to him for like, an anniversary or something.

ELROND: [beat] What anniversary?

GANDALF: The day of their almost marriage.

ELROND: E-excuse me?!

GANDALF: [innocently] Didn't you know?

ELROND: [Pfft] Um, no?!

GANDALF: Well...it's true.

ELROND: [beat] You're lying.

GANDALF: Am not!

ELROND: Are too!

ELROND: Yeah-huh!

GANDALF: Nuh-uh!

[Elrond stands up and grabs Gandy's staff whilst, Gandalf grabs the sides of Elrond's hair. Both of them end up rolling on the chamber floor grabbing and pulling. "Am not!" "Are too!" "Am not!" "Are too!"]

ARWEN: [screams] AAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Elrond/Gandalf: [pause] Oh snap!

+++++++++

Larael Greenleaf wrote:
There were many times while in Imladris that Aragorn and Arwen could have "bumped" into eachother and had a little conversation or something, so that we would at least know Arwen's character. I think that would have been just as easy to do as the horse chase with the Nazgul.

I really liked it when Arwen came into the room while Aragorn was putting back the shards of Narsil. I think she may have been watching the conversation between Aragorn and Boromir. I think that scene introduced her personality and the love for Aragorn nicely.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2005, 4:46 am 
Elf
Elf

lol! hmm yeah I agree, the horse chase worked for PJ at the time though..I think that they did have a scene where A&A "bumped into each other" Liv said on the FotR Extended Edition, that when frodo is looking around Rivendell with Sam, and as he was walking, he looks up at something- well apparently there was a scene there that he was in fact looking at Aragorn and Arwen together.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2005, 5:51 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Kitoky wrote:
I really liked it when Arwen came into the room while Aragorn was putting back the shards of Narsil. I think she may have been watching the conversation between Aragorn and Boromir. I think that scene introduced her personality and the love for Aragorn nicely.

yeah, that was really nice. and it's an important scene, because it's the first time you find out about Aragorn's guilt, and him not wanting to be King.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2005, 10:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Kitoky wrote:

Do mind me.

ELROND: [glances over at him] Ah yes, I hear you were very busy being pinned on top of Orthanc. Tell me, how did that feel like?

[Elrond mindlessly takes the remote control and switches the Elven carved TV on]

. . . .
[Elrond stands up and grabs Gandy's staff whilst, Gandalf grabs the sides of Elrond's hair. Both of them end up rolling on the chamber floor grabbing and pulling. "Am not!" "Are too!" "Am not!" "Are too!"]

+++++++++
:laughbounce: - I'm rooting for Gandalf - or Gandy as you may call him.

Kitoky wrote:

Well - was their conversation in the EEs? Because I haven't seen the EEs - only the regular versions, and I don't remember them having much of a conversation. If they had in the EEs - what was it about? :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2005, 10:26 pm 
Elf
Elf

when you're refering to Aragorn and Arwen's conversation in the EE's- are you refering to my post? :confused:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 12:07 am 

Elberethsq wrote:
Well - was their conversation in the EEs? Because I haven't seen the EEs - only the regular versions, and I don't remember them having much of a conversation. If they had in the EEs - what was it about? :bye2:

Let's see here...I do believe that Aragorn and Boromir's conversation was added in the EE's, I'm sorry. I wouldn't know the difference.

Fellowship of the Ring; Extended Edition Transcript wrote:
<Evening has fallen. Strider is seated on the terrace reading a book. Footsteps echo on the stone floor. The man who arrived earlier enters and pauses in front of a battle-piece of Isildur, with broken sword raised against Sauron. He regards the painting intently, then, conscious of another presence, turns and sees Strider.>

<<Man: You are no Elf!>>

<<Strider: The Men of the South are welcome here.>>

<<Man: Who are you?>>

<<Strider: I am a friend to Gandalf the Grey.>>

<<Man: Then we are here on a common purpose . . . (he smiles) . . . friend .>>

<The Man seems puzzled by Strider's reluctance to reveal his identity, but smiles again good-naturedly and turns to the Lady's shrine opposite the wall painting. He sees the broken sword lying there. He picks up the haft, shifting it in his hand, testing its weight and feel as a warrior would, and stares at the blade.>

<<Man: The shards of Narsil! The blade that cut the ring from Sauron's hand!>>

<He runs his finger up the blade and cuts himself.>

<<Man (in amazement): It's still sharp!>>

<Turns to look at Strider who is watching him.>

<<Man (in disdain): But no more than a broken heirloom!>>

<He returns the sword carelessly and it clatters to the ground. He hesitates, then walks away. Strider gets up and walks to the shrine. He picks up the dropped haft and carefully sets it in place with the other shards. He takes a step back and touches his right hand to his heart, as he looks at the statue of the Lady. Arwen walks in behind him.>

As guessed the 'Man' is Boromir.

.......Relevance to this thread: Arwen's beautiful.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 1:36 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Oohh, I love little scripties like that Kitoky! :-D I actually do a few myself, but one of my favorite things to think of is that Aragorn mis-hears Boromir's words and thinks that he says "You EARN no Elf" instead of "you are no elf". :-D Don't ask me how that came up...

Oh, and for relevancy...Arwen is cool. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 1:49 pm 
Elf
Elf

LOL KITOKY!! :laughbounce: Haha! More of those cute little scripts! That one was really clever too! I love em'! I think that little urge of yours is contagious though...I don't know...but there was something about that script with Aragorn and Boromir...and what Peace said...eek! :confused2:

Boromir: You earn no elf!

Aragorn: (looks up at once) Excuse me!?!

Boromir: You heard me!

Aragorn: I earn no elf?! (stands up defiantly) Are you referring to ARWEN by any chance?!

Boromir: Of course I am! You are a mere mortal, she is elf kind! You earn no right to her!

Aragorn: Well, you earn no right to walk in this building you little...

Boromir: Ha, ha, now you're name-calling. What would Arwen say if she heard you?

Aragorn: You mock me! Traitorous scum!

Boromir: Traitorous?!

Aragorn: Yes! For I am Aragorn son of Arathorn! BOW to me!

Boromir: Not a chance, dude.

Aragorn: DUDE?! Is that another petty insult of yours?!

Boromir: Er..yup.

Aragorn: ELENDIIIILLL!!! (tackles him)

Boromir: (fights back)

Arwen: (comes in just in time to see Aragorn grab the hilt of Narsil off of the tray and prepare to chop Boromir's fingers off with it) Oh! Aragorn!!

Aragorn: (looks up quickly, drops sword) He started it!

Boromir: (squashed) Did not.

Aragorn: Did too!

Boromir: (squashed) Did not.

Aragorn: Did too! He said I earn no elf!

Arwen: Hmph! (walks away)

Boromir: (sticks tongue out at Aragorn)

Aragorn: (tackles him again) GRRRR!!

Pitiful, I know. :( But Kitoky shall always be the queen of those little things nonetheless. Hope you don't mind that I used your idea, Peace... :blush:

Oh, and for relevancy...Arwen is an awesome character. :-D

^ *sniffles* Thank you all so much! I'm so...so honored...*dabs at eyes*

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 4:13 pm 

Thank you Peace!

StardomeGirl: :laugh: That was hilarious!

Relevance: Arwen is strong. Stronger than she looks.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 6:33 pm 
Elf
Elf

Lol!! :roll:
yeah arwen's awesome

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 7:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

StardomeGirl wrote:
LOL KITOKY!! :laughbounce: Haha! More of those cute little scripts! That one was really clever too! I love em'! I think that little urge of yours is contagious though...I don't know...but there was something about that script with Aragorn and Boromir...and what Peace said...eek! :confused2:

. . .

Pitiful, I know. :( But Kitoky shall always be the queen of those little things nonetheless. Hope you don't mind that I used your idea, Peace... :blush:

Oh, and for relevancy...Arwen is an awesome character. :-D

:laugh: Haha . . . although we're sliding off topic. :blush:

Kitoky wrote:
Elberethsq wrote:

Let's see here...I do believe that Aragorn and Boromir's conversation was added in the EE's, I'm sorry. I wouldn't know the difference.

Fellowship of the Ring; Extended Edition Transcript wrote:
<Evening has fallen. Strider is seated on the terrace reading a book. Footsteps echo on the stone floor. The man who arrived earlier enters and pauses in front of a battle-piece of Isildur, with broken sword raised against Sauron. He regards the painting intently, then, conscious of another presence, turns and sees Strider.>

<<Man: You are no Elf!>>

<<Strider: The Men of the South are welcome here.>>

<<Man: Who are you?>>

<<Strider: I am a friend to Gandalf the Grey.>>

<<Man: Then we are here on a common purpose . . . (he smiles) . . . friend .>>

<The Man seems puzzled by Strider's reluctance to reveal his identity, but smiles again good-naturedly and turns to the Lady's shrine opposite the wall painting. He sees the broken sword lying there. He picks up the haft, shifting it in his hand, testing its weight and feel as a warrior would, and stares at the blade.>

<<Man: The shards of Narsil! The blade that cut the ring from Sauron's hand!>>

<He runs his finger up the blade and cuts himself.>

<<Man (in amazement): It's still sharp!>>

<Turns to look at Strider who is watching him.>

<<Man (in disdain): But no more than a broken heirloom!>>

<He returns the sword carelessly and it clatters to the ground. He hesitates, then walks away. Strider gets up and walks to the shrine. He picks up the dropped haft and carefully sets it in place with the other shards. He takes a step back and touches his right hand to his heart, as he looks at the statue of the Lady. Arwen walks in behind him.>

As guessed the 'Man' is Boromir.

.......Relevance to this thread: Arwen's beautiful.

Ah - I appreciate the time and trouble you took to copy down the script for me. Many thanks. :bye2:

EDIT: Ahh . . . and I've noticed that you've changed your avatar and signature. :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 7:39 pm 

StardomeGirl wrote:
Boromir: Not a chance, dude.

Aragorn: DUDE?! Is that another petty insult of yours?!

Boromir: Er..yup.

Aragorn: ELENDIIIILLL!!! (tackles him)

It had to be quoted.

Oh, how I laughed! :laugh:

Elberethsq: There's nothing wrong with being slightly off topic...though, I emphasized SLIGHTLY. And thank you for noticing my change of siggies and avvies.

Relevance: I think Arwen always has this kinda of authority all throughout Return of the King unlike in Fellowship of the Ring where she's just the Elf Princess whom Aragorn fell in love with -- I think they did nicely in her evolution of her being Queen :)

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 11:02 pm 

Kitoky wrote:
StardomeGirl wrote:
Yeah Kitoky, that is very true...I was actually thinking about that a little while ago. Maybe she would just chanting the chant, and then Elrond and Gandalf heard it from afar, (maybe it was a cue or something) and then they did the rest? But then again, they really did make it look like she was the one that brought it up, because when you look at the words she says (in English), it really sounds like she's summoning up the waters, not calling for help. I dunno... :confused:

Do mind me.

GANDALF: How on earth did you manage to get something as ingenius as this?!

ELROND: [leans back onto the sofa] Well, I'm not the one calling in for new staffs am I? [smirk]

GANDALF: [glare]

ELROND: The TV I've had for years, didn't you know?

GANDALF: I'm not talking about the TV! I'm talking about the 2000 channel Cable box!

ELROND: Ahhh...yes, it's a real beauty isn't it?

GANDALF: Chyah!

ELROND: I stole it from my mother-in-law.

GANDALF: [beat] You...stole it from...[beat] Galadriel?!

ELROND: It's not like she'd notice. She's much too busy looking at herself in that blasted mirror.

GANDALF: [waddles back over to the sofa and sits] Amazing.

ELROND: [smirking again] Yep, I am.

GANDALF: HDTV?

ELROND: Why wouldn't it be?

GANDALF: [beat] Opera?

ELROND: [beat] ...What?

GANDALF: [pause] Do you have opera?

ELROND: [raises eyebrows in confusion] Uh, well. I'm more of a baseball kind of guy but, let's see...

[Elrond flips through the cable guide for shows.]

ELROND: Here we are...

GANDALF: Ah...my favorite.

ELROND: [watches it and raises an eyebrow]

GANDALF: [glances at Elrond] You should see it in the Grey Havens. I mean, PERFECT surround sound.

ELROND: [beat] Wait....CIRDAN has 2000 channels?!

GANDALF: [looks back at the TV] Yeah. Galadriel gave it to him for like, an anniversary or something.

ELROND: [beat] What anniversary?

GANDALF: The day of their almost marriage.

ELROND: E-excuse me?!

GANDALF: [innocently] Didn't you know?

ELROND: [Pfft] Um, no?!

GANDALF: Well...it's true.

ELROND: [beat] You're lying.

ELROND: Are too!

ELROND: Yeah-huh!

GANDALF: Nuh-uh!

+++++++++

Larael Greenleaf wrote:

Kit, Kit, Kit.........tsk, tsk you really need to see someone about these "urgings" that you are getting. Just kidding.....that was very very funny! Actually I'm still laughing and I keep typoing (uh....is that a word) and its taking me foreve to type this paragraph. Anyhoo...

Yes, I remember that scene. It was very good and important as well. I think that scene introduced her personality and such much better than the horse chase, I think that scene just gave the idea that Arwen was some warrior elf princess or something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next