Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2006, 8:24 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Courage will be your best defence against the storm that is at hand."
"But we have the White Wizard, that must surely count for something.
They are led by the one they say that no living man can kill. The Witch King of Angmar. You saw him before, he stabbed Frodo on Weathertop."
"Authority is not granted to you to deny the Return of the King, STEWARD.
Rulership of Gondor is mine, and NO OTHER'S!"

Clueless member of the Welcoming Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2006, 11:33 am 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"

Gives me goosepimples everytime I hear it... Aragorn is such an empowering speech giver

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 4th, 2006, 6:22 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Elrond: Arwen, tollen i lu. I chair gwannar na Valannor. Si bado, no cirar. [The ships are leaving for Valinor. Go now, before it is too late.]
Arwen: I have made my choice.
Elrond: He is not coming back. Why do you linger here when there is no hope.
Arwen: There is still hope.
Elrond: If Aragorn survives this war, you will still be parted. If Sauron is defeated and Aragorn made King and all that you hope for comes true, you will still have to taste the bitterness of mortality. Whether by the sword or the slow decay of time, Aragorn will die.
Elrond (v.o.): There will be no comfort for you. No comfort to ease the pain of his passing. He will come to death. An image of the splendor of the Kings of Men in glory undimmed before the breaking of the world. But you, my daughter, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Here you will dwell, bound to your grief, under the fading trees until all the world is changed and the long years of your life are utterly spent. (Arwen wanders in a bare, cold forest.)
Elrond: Arwen...
Elrond: There is nothing for you here, only death. Ah im, u-'erin veleth lin? [Do I not also have your love?]
Arwen: Gerich veleth nin, ada. [You have my love, father.]

Treebeard: Hm, young Master Gandalf, I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone I can master. But there is a wizard to manage here -- locked in his tower.
Aragorn: [quietly] Show yourself.
Gandalf: Be careful. Even in defeat, Saruman is dangerous.
Gimli: Well, let's just have his head and be done with it.
Gandalf: No! We need him alive. We need him to talk.
Saruman: You have fought many wars and slain many men, Theoden King, and made peace afterwards. Can we not take counsel together as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace, you and I?
Theoden: We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there! We shall have peace when the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows we shall have peace.
Saruman: Gibbets and crows? Dotard! What do you want, Gandalf Greyhame? Let me guess. They Key of Orthanc. Or perhaps the Keys of Barad-dur itself, along with the crowns of the seven kings and the rods of the Five Wizards!
Gandalf: Your treachery has already cost many lives. Thousands now are now at risk. But you could save them, Saruman. You were deep in the enemy's counsel.
Saruman: So you have come here for information. I have some for you. [He pulls the palantir from his robes and gazes into it.] Something festers in the heart of Middle-earth. Something that you have failed to see. But the Great Eye has seen it. Even now he presses his advantage. His attack will come soon. You're all going to die. But you know this, don't you, Gandalf? You cannot think that this Ranger will ever sit upon the throne of Gondor. This exile, crept from the shadows will never be crowned king. Gandalf does not hesitate to sacrifice those closest to him, those he professes to love. Tell me, what words of comfort did you give the Halfling, before you sent him to his doom? The path that you have set him on can only lead to death.

This is off subject but... you know how all of you have pictures? you know how you type what you have to say and then there is a separating line and then banners or just pictures? well... um... how do you get those up there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 8:21 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

my favorite line was at the end at the black gate:
Gimil: I never thought I would die side-by-side with an elf
Legolas: how bout side-by-side with a friend?
Gimli:Eye, I could do that!
That part is sssooo sweet!!!!

and the other part:
Gimli: No chance of servival, no chance of success, well, what are we waiting for?

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 8:24 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

cmenow123 wrote:
my favorite line was at the end at the black gate:
Gimil: I never thought I would die side-by-side with an elf
Legolas: how bout side-by-side with a friend?
Gimli:Eye, I could do that!
That part is sssooo sweet!!!!

That line brings tears to my eyes everytime I absolutely love that scene.

Aragorn: You bow to no one...
awww then they all bow to the hobbits :'(

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2006, 8:31 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Then theres the part when Legolas takes down a hole elephant and Gimli says: That still only counts as one!
That is ssssoooo funny.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2006, 2:29 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Just check out my sig for mine... also i love every elvish line in the book.

"By all that you hold dear on this good earth, i bid you stand men of the west!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2006, 9:14 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Gil I love both the quotes in your sig.. your second one is also my favorite (see above!)

Post subject: Gimli
PostPosted: March 9th, 2006, 6:09 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"That still only counts as one!"

...the line speaks for itself, I think... ;)

My life is: My pals, LotR, PotC, Orlando Bloom, Liv Tyler, Kiera Knightly, Nathan Fillion, Vampires, GC, music, and food :P AMUSING QUOTES:-That still only counts as 1!-Savvy?-Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?-"Benji has 5 STD's." "2 of em should count as 1 but they're different strands."

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2006, 11:48 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

as all know the scene where Pippin sings for the stuard. when its takes moments in the battle, soo beutiful, so dramatic in a way, I can almost cry in that scene :rain:

since everone signs their name at the end of their posts :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2006, 1:59 pm 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

The City has fallen silent.
There is no warmth left in the sun.
It grows so cold!

It's just the damp before the first spring rain!
I do not believe this darkness will endure!

I am no Man!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 18th, 2006, 1:53 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OMG. I can't believe no one has said this one yet.

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And, sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But, in the end it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you - that meant something even if you were too small to understand why. But, I think I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn't. They kept going because they were holding onto something. That there's some good in this world and it's worth fighting for."
~Samwise Gamgee

Or was that in TTT? Soz, they all seem like one long movie to me, lol. Tis a good quote though.

I love all Gandalf's quotes, and the war ones, they're awsome.

Snow white, snow white, o Lady clear,
O Light to us that wander here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 18th, 2006, 12:46 pm 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

^ It was in TTT. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2006, 7:55 pm 
Maia
Maia

"Real elvish rope." - frodo

^sorry i think that i was in tTT> *sits and thinks*

<center>“Envy consists in seeing things never in themselves, but only in their relations. If you desire glory, you may envy Napoleon, but Napoleon envied Caesar, Caesar envied Alexander, and Alexander, I daresay, envied Hercules, who never existed.”
at one point, I was alejandrah.

Last edited by Envied Alexander on April 20th, 2006, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2006, 7:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ardhoniel wrote:

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And, sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But, in the end it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you - that meant something even if you were too small to understand why. But, I think I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn't. They kept going because they were holding onto something. That there's some good in this world and it's worth fighting for."
~Samwise Gamgee

Or was that in TTT? Soz, they all seem like one long movie to me, lol. Tis a good quote though.

no i think it was in RotK, at the end.

<center>“Envy consists in seeing things never in themselves, but only in their relations. If you desire glory, you may envy Napoleon, but Napoleon envied Caesar, Caesar envied Alexander, and Alexander, I daresay, envied Hercules, who never existed.”
at one point, I was alejandrah.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2006, 4:24 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Cadence Grace wrote:
Ardhoniel wrote:

~Samwise Gamgee

no i think it was in RotK, at the end.

Nooo, it's at the end of TTT. One of my favourite quotes.

We've been forever
yet we've only just begun.

We have come full circle.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next