Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Useful Scenes?
PostPosted: August 24th, 2005, 10:30 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Same as in FOTR and TTT. Can anyone think (out of their own imagination) of a little scene that might have been added to the ROTK that would have made it better/more interesting/funnier or something? I realize that someone already made a thread as to what part in the books you missed being put in there the most, but this is really for made-up scenes. Any opinions?

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 12:15 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

INJURE LEGOLAS!! PLEASE!! Uh, sorry, I just had to say that. :-D Seriously. EVERY Elf in Helm's deep dies except him? Something happens to just about EVERY Fellowship member except him? DO SOMETHING TO THE GUY!! ;) Okay, enough with that.

I actually wish they had showed a bit more of Frodo's reuniting with the Fellowship, like him actually sitting down and having a tiny little talk with them about their journey and what happened...you know. :) Just something cheesey/fluffy like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 1:30 pm 
Elf
Elf

Lol Mevie! :lol: Yes, all you Legolas lovers really do have it bad when it comes to LOTR...I mean, where's the drama? Where's the excitement?! ;) Not that Elrond got too many of those moments...but at least he was in ROTK to start with! (that IS another reason why I'm grateful that Arwen had the role that she did. She dragged her daddy right along with her! :-D :-D) Anyway, I also would have liked to see more of Galadriel and Celeborn leaving Lothlorien...I just think that would have been a pretty cool thing to see in the long run. :-D

^ *sniffles* Thank you all so much! I'm so...so honored...*dabs at eyes*

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 1:35 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Mevie wrote:
I actually wish they had showed a bit more of Frodo's reuniting with the Fellowship, like him actually sitting down and having a tiny little talk with them about their journey and what happened...you know. :) Just something cheesey/fluffy like that.

yeah, that would be so awesome! all they did was laugh, but i would love it if they showed them talk about all of their adventures when they split.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 1:55 pm 
Elf
Elf

I am with you all the way on that one Gwen. :) Like don't you think it would be cool if Merry and Pippin told about their adventure with the Ents and the spoiling of Isengard, and if Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli got to talk about their "Three Hunters" run, and Frodo and Sam got to tell them about their time with Faramir and how they teamed up with Gollum and all that? That would be so awesome! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 2:43 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

StardomeGirl wrote:
I am with you all the way on that one Gwen. :) Like don't you think it would be cool if Merry and Pippin told about their adventure with the Ents and the spoiling of Isengard, and if Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli got to talk about their "Three Hunters" run, and Frodo and Sam got to tell them about their time with Faramir and how they teamed up with Gollum and all that? That would be so awesome! :-D

yeah, exactly! i think they would all be amazed at each other. just how much more coragous (sp?) they each became. because in FotR, one would never have guessed that Frodo and Sam would make it alive passing through a spider's tunnel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 4:00 pm 
Elf
Elf

Haha! You are TOTALLY right! :-D And little trouble-making-Merry-and-Pippin end up being responsible for the Ents going off to war, and defeating Saruman no less! That would just be unreal, especially for Frodo and Sam (AND Gandalf, though he did predict what they were about to do when he came back in TTT didn't he?) who knew those guys so well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2005, 8:35 pm 

Argh! I really need to talk to my therapist about these urges!

[The fellowship sit quietly in the dining room of Minas Tirith after the coronation along with Arwen - I mean, since she's queen and all.]

ARAGORN: [Standing up from the table] Friends, we have come a long way from that moment in Rivendell over a year ago. And since then, we have faced many challenges together and apart but now----

ARWEN: Cut the lovey-dovey Tolkien words, Aragorn. Let them tell us what happened.

ARAGORN: Arwen, why do you have to be so meeeeeeaaaan.

ARWEN: You're always dramatizing things!

ARAGORN: [Hmph!]

GANDALF: Alright. Moving on. Frodo, Sam, tell us of your adventure. Long days have passed since we last saw each other.

FRODO: [nods] Well...I tried to, like, break off from the fellowship and destroy the ring on my own so that I could have, like, all the glory but then, like, Sam kept, like, totally bugging me! I mean, he would, like, NOT lay off the thing about my parents drowning so, like, he, like, almost drowned himself to remind me of that so I was, like, forced to, like, take him along. He, like, almost tipped the boat over too!

SAM: [mockingly] And Frodo, like, had this like, look on his face, and said, like, "I love you, Sam."

FRODO: I did not!

SAM: Did too!

FRODO: No! I said "Oh, Sam!" That does NOT scream "I love you, Sam!"

SAM: Oh. Ah, what do I care? I'll be marryin' my lovely Rosie, soon!

PIPPIN: [confused] Wait, what? I thought you said you were giving up on Rosie?

SAM: [nervously] Of course not!

PIPPIN: No, I clearly remember you saying 'I'll die on this! There is no use thinking about Rosie anymore!' I'm quite certain those were the words!

SAM: [exasperately] Pippin! That was when I was half dead on a rock on the mountainside of Mount Doom!

PIPPIN: [disappointed] Oh...so...I can't have a go at her?

SAM: No!

PIPPIN: [disappointment] Oh...

MERRY: [chimes in] But you'll 'ave me, Pip!

PIPPIN: [pause] That's comforting, Merry. Really.

GIMLI: And what of you two rascals! I don't s'pose you two were in paradise either!

PIPPIN: Well actually we were! But only a bit.

MERRY: Yep, Gandalf the Gre---

GANDALF: White, Merry! White!

MERRY: Right, sorry. Gandalf met us in the Ent forest and told the Ent that captured us to take care of us. Ironic really. He was calling us orcs and everything.

PIPPIN: And who would actually think us orcs! We're adorable!

[Merry and Pippin bring their heads together and smiles their most adorable smile.]

GANDALF: Charming.

PIPPIN: Oh and then we were drinking this funny water stuff in the forest and each time I took a gulp I grew!

MERRY: Me too! We're now taller than those two shorties. [Points to Sam and Frodo]

SAM/FRODO: HEY!

MERRY: We very much intend to use our height to get the ladies back home.

PIPPIN: Rosie's still taller I would think.

SAM: Pippin! Hush!

LEGOLAS: When it comes to beauty, or height, clearly no one surpasses my own. [Takes out his mirror and gazes at himself intently]

GIMLI: Gandalf, make him stop. He's been doing it ever since we left Lothlorien.

GANDALF: Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, tell us of your adventure and misfortunes.

LEGOLAS: Misfortunes! Why, Mithrandir, I would not know of such things! I am the vision of GOD! Illuvatar's favorite being! Narcissus bow to---[clunk]

GANDALF: Gimli! Son of Gloin!

GIMLI: I am in deep regret, Gandalf. But it MUST be done.

ARWEN: I quite agree. Legolas has been making me feel a bit ripe!

GIMLI: Ah, you probably have not heard of Eowyn's relationship with Aragorn.

ARWEN: What is this!?

ARAGORN: [nervously looks at the interesting spot on the dining room hall]

ARWEN: ARAGORN! Explain this nonsense in which Gimli, son of Gloin has spouted!

ARAGORN: Uh...well.

GIMLI: I assure you, m'lady, 'tis is not nonsense!

ARAGORN: Well...

ARWEN: ARAGORN! SPEAK!

ARAGORN: WellIsawherfirstwhenshewasstandingonthishighhillandshelookedreallyprettybutIdidn'tknowwhattothinkofher
atfirstbutthenshesaidthatshelikedmesoIthoughtthatyouweregoingtotheGreyHavenssinceIbrokeupwithyoubut
youdidn'tandElrondtoldmesoandsoIsaidIdidn'tlikeheranymoreandnowI'vemarriedyousoallisswellright?

ARWEN: .....

ARAGORN: I love you, Arwen.

ARWEN: Awww, I love you too. [cuddles]

ARAGORN: [whew!]

+++++

Will continue later!

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Last edited by Kitoky on August 26th, 2005, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 1:39 am 
Elf
Elf

>cracks up, falling to ground and pounding fists and feet on ground< HAHAHAHA!! Kitoky that is EXCELLENT!! >continues to laugh, clutching stomach< Oh...and for relevancy...Arwen is awesome...and you made her awesome in your little scriptling too! :-D

(oh, and if you need a therapist session, Elrond is available from 3:00-4:00 except on weekends. :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 2:54 am 

StardomeGirl -- we're not in the Arwen Appreciation Thread, silly! :D No need for relevancy.

:D I feel so proud.

Anyways --- I think a scene of Merry and Pippin discussing Tom Bombadil would've been nice and to introduce Merry's blade so that movie fans can understand that Eowyn did not kill Wiki by herself.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 10:55 pm 

*cracks up* Ah Kit! That was brilliant!! Brilliantly hilarious!!!I love it!

I must say that I would have definantly liked a scene maybe with Arwen saying godd-bye to her father. Ah......it would be so sad!!!! :)

Sorry, I'm a bit of an Arwen obsessor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2005, 12:01 am 

We all are, Larael --- beautiful new avvie and banners btw! :D

I think a scene between them would've been quite sad. And I'm still quite curious about that bridge scene with her and Elrond.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2005, 5:05 pm 
Elf
Elf

Agh, silly me! :duh: I swear I have been having SO much trouble with that lately!! I can't tell which thread I'm in at which time...I think I might be going crazy... :confused2:

But anyway, yeah...I would have to say I would have a fairly hard time watching Elrond and Arwen say goodbye. That would be so sad, I just know I would cry my head off. My mom would have a heart attack, and...well, I'd be scarred for life. Especially since both Liv and Hugo are such good actors! :'( Now I'm almost glad they left that out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2005, 11:48 pm 

Okay, not a silly script here....

Courtesy of Arwen-Undomiel.com
(Wanted to somehow interpret this picture, and who says Arwen doesn't re-use her dresses?)

[Sun sets from the mountain over Minas Tirith. Arwen stands in the library of the City of Kings looking at books and old parchment. Elrond quietly walks in unnoticed and calmly watches her.]

[Arwen dusts off a parchment after folding her sleeves back. As she blows on the dust it flies up and catches her in the face. Elrond passes Arwen and looks out the window.]

[Arwen turns and notices her father as he passed by.]

ARWEN: [facing his back] Ada...

ELROND: [looking down at the levels of Minas Tirith] There will be many days ahead of you here. Though I fear that you may not have long days of your own, as you should.

ARWEN: Those will be happy days, Ada. My life here is not as sullen as you speak.

+++++++

Blech. Must continue later.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2005, 2:35 pm 
Elf
Elf

>leans forward quickly, settling on stomach and watching Kitoky eagerly< Yeah? Yeah?! And then what?! :-D You must continue!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2005, 5:34 pm 

Kitoky wrote:
We all are, Larael --- beautiful new avvie and banners btw! :D

I think a scene between them would've been quite sad. And I'm still quite curious about that bridge scene with her and Elrond.

Thanks!Beriadanwen made the banners and Calenfalathiel made the avvie!

I think if they had had a scene with them saying good-bye I would have cryed my heart out! It would be such a sad scene!

Oh Kitoky! Please continue with the story!!*listens intently*