Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Place to grieve for Boromir...
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2006, 1:04 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Tell me all what you think about the grieve for Boromir ,son of Denethor. How could the ceremony be happened? If you were in the shoes of Denethor and Faramir, what would you do?.

I felt so sad in the first movie when he died. This was nightmare for me to see his death again and again. I remembered nobody did cry for even a moment to remember Boromir. It seemed like when the war of the ring ended, they just forgot him. Faramir does not look so sad too. Denethor just lost his mind already. There should be a good funeral from us then.

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2006, 9:38 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

When I saw the movie for the first time, I was really frustrated when Boromir died ( I first saw the movie and then read the books ;) ). I didn't like him much because he wanted to take the ring from Frodo, but of course I was really sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2006, 1:05 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Oh, god, yeah.

Boromir's death was pretty darn sad, and no where near as recognised as it should have been by certain characters...

It was emotional, apart from the fact that he took ages to die. That in itself is fine. But the orcs just went down like flies compared to him. So... that's a little issue.

But it was particularly emotional because he died thinking he'd failed everyone, and had realised how bad he was for trying to steal the Ring. So that's really sad.

I don't really know what I'd do in Faramir's shoes. He'll have loved him, of course, but envied him too. He should have maybe tried to learn all he could about Boromir's part in the War of the Ring and made a memorial to commorate his heroicness :D

As for Denethor... he's just plain crazy, like you said :D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2006, 7:23 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I always admired him, I was really sad when he died. I cried when Pippin flashes back to it when talking to Denethor.

Wanna Glitter name? Just ask

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2006, 11:37 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I like had tears in my eyes when Boromir died. Even the music they played when Boromir died makes me sort of cry. I would have taken Boromir's funeral boat and burned it while it was sailing. Like what did Vikings did to great heroes. Then I would have declared the day Boromir died a national mourning day and had a statue of him somewhere near the White Tree.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2006, 1:50 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Building up a statue of Boromir. That would be great. You are the real fan.

Waiting for new ideas to honour Boromir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2006, 2:37 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

A very emotional scene indeed! I must say in the movies it was even more moving and dramatic then in the book, also great acting from Sean Bean from start till end.

Shame that in the Two Towers his death was not more shown emotional from Faramir's side. I also have to correct Winniepig's statement; there was no rivalry between the two brothers, not in the book, nor was it noticible in the movies. Also in the appendices of the book we can learn more about them two

Considering the mourning place... got few variants

1. Parth Galen, a great statue wrought out of white marble showing him in a pose of his last stand while blowing the ox horn towards the south and holding the sword in the other hand

2. A lane leading from Minas Tirith towards Osgiliath with many statues symbolising all the fallen men. Southern linage on the right, the northern linage to the left. Boromir's statue at the start of the lane on the right (since he is obviously from the southern lineage)

A very large elemet when it comes to fanfic stories ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2006, 11:55 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Interesting ideas.
a great statue wrought out of white marble showing him in a pose of his last stand. I like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 18th, 2006, 12:24 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I think it was so sad when Boromir died. I thought it was so sad that it took several arrows to peirce him before he died, and i like the idea of a statue to capture the valour of Boromir for all eternity.

Snow white, snow white, o Lady clear,
O Light to us that wander here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2006, 9:15 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Sean Bean was the perfect Boromir... And it really made me sad when Boromir died. That music that played is so terrible. Oh and, Faramir loves Boromir (It shows in the TTT extended scene where Boromir shows off) , he's just a little jealous because Denethor likes Boromir better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2006, 5:06 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

the way it was done in RotK, I cried!! It was sad. I mean, he was nice at the end.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 14th, 2006, 4:13 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Come on. I know there are lots of Boromir fans in here. And I know you have different kind of ideas. So please write it down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2006, 11:16 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

The thing i wanted is for them(P.J and cast).....to pay more attention to boromir and that they'd show who boromir was whe dont know enough about boromir (for those who didnt read the books) and i think it would have been good to show the reactions of some characters in the lotr..:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2006, 11:34 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I cried my eyes out when Boromir died. :'( :'( :'(
Just think about it make my eyes tear. He reminds me so much of myself.
Anyway back to the fun funeral idea:

"statue wrought out of white marble showing him in a pose of his last stand while blowing the ox horn towards the south and holding the sword in the other hand." That was a good idea as well as the boat burning.

Give me a while to come up with an idea, I thought about a statue. I feel something coming to me but, I can't get it out. >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2006, 11:15 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I think it's good that we have a place to grieve for Boromir. I thought that his death was very sad.. even now when I watch it it just gets me..

Post subject: Not less noble....
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2006, 2:59 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I am new here but , while reading this forum, I found I really needed to say some things here about Boromir so I joined.

To see Boromir die in the Fellowship is such a shock. There is a feeling, just like in our real lives, that its not suppose to happen this way. Turn time back and lets rewrite the story. But life is not like that. Sense must be made in our lives the way events come down.

Boromir is so much like us……a courageous warrior at heart, willing to die for his friends, but not fully understanding the truth of life and how it should be played out. How often do we wound our friends, like Boromir did Frodo, because we think we can handle things in a way that is impossible?

It is not easy for a proud man to submit his allegiance, his position in life to another…to humble himself. I admire Boromir because he was struggling to do this.

He was a good man, trying to find his position and place in his changing world and life. With all this on his plate, we cannot fault him if he could not yet see clearly. And just because he didn’t understand completely doesn’t make his sacrifice any less noble.

It hits me hard that Boromir dies among the statues of his ancestors. What a fitting place to die. The power of the scene brings tears to my eyes even as I write this……

Last edited by Sinbearer on June 3rd, 2006, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW     YIM