Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: again...
PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 1:25 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

When it comes to things like technicalities I try to look at it as poetic license. It would not have had the same effect had Aragorn delievered the speech if he was just standing. He would have looked like a blood thirsty motivational speaker (aren't they all?) Not saying he's blood thirsty, quite the opposite. And also I like to seperate films about book from their corrosponding book because what you can do in a book you just cannot do on screen, for instance, Shelob's lair. What was so frightening in the book (at least for me, someone without arachnophobia) was the darkness. This thick, heavy, nearly tangible darkness. You cannot show that on a screen. People would just think their picture had gone off.

To sum up... I have nothing on topic to say about this thread.

http://roleplayultimum.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://kyototig.posterous.com/shop-bann ... nd-baubles

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 6:50 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I hate in all the movies how Elrond keeps doing and saying things opposite to what is, and how everybody has everybody else's lines, even if the person who is supposed to have those lines is standing right next to them. Pretty much evey time I watch the movies I'm shouting 'stop stealing (person's name)'s lines!!' it just really annoys me for some reason.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 8:20 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Quote:
Arwen's Dying Scenes [in Arwen's/and PJ's defense]:
-It doesn't really do much comparing Movie Arwen with Book Arwen because if you do then you're looking at a whole list of things that don't/doesn't happen.
-Probably 75% of the reason why they filmed the scene and why it was added was that they wanted to show how much of an influence Arwen has on Aragorn. How true their love is. How much in love they are that Arwen is willing to DIE for this MORTAL and how Aragorn is willing to face his true fear (himself) because of her. It also builds up the tension and the full relief in Aragorn when he sees Arwen alive and breathing and looking very sexy in her green coronation gown. He thought she was DEAD.

I understood that, for the sake of movie drama so I was cool with that, it was to have more Arwen on the movie too haha which I don't mind cuz I like Liv. However I do complain about the palantir scene in the extended edition...here's Aragorn all badass facing Sauron and he freaks the HECK out over one little vision, which he SHOULD know better that since it comes from Sauron its probably for the sole porpose of taunting and torture him and that its probably not true, at least not yet, and that HE was the power to change that, so I didn't get him freaking out and dropping the ball...litterally :P AND the Evenstar, which he then has on the theatrical version but not on the EE...CHANGES!.
Another scene I didn't get and didn't like was Gandalf vs. Witchking, all it did was show a coward old man getting his staff broken, then what do you knoow! his staff is back!

I loved the Drinking game, I thought it was a cool way to lighten the mood in war times.
Also the Grey Havens BORE me to death, I know its goodbye and its sad but the pace is to SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

PostPosted: April 26th, 2012, 9:46 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I hated it when Frodo said goodbye because they were all losing him after all they had been through :(

PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 7:23 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I hated Legolas' "Captain Obvious" moments.

"A diversion!"
"Crebain from Dunland!"
"They may yet still be alive!"
"Goblins!"

It's an insult on Legolas' character. In the books, he's much cheerier and more laxed, and definately doesn't state the obvious. Don't get me wrong, Orlando Bloom and PJ and the gang are all awesome; but it's just...

Corny and against his nature somehow.

I love, love, LOVE Legolas' character in the books. He seems more realistic there, and thus I'm not a fangirl over him because he's "hot" or whatever, I'm only a fangirl because he's flat-out awesome. :p