Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where'd our LOTR Role Plays go? =(
PostPosted: September 17th, 2009, 12:47 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I logged on to write up a post after a few weeks of being away on vacation, only to find most of the recently active LOTR RPs locked up. :confuzzled:

What's wrong with them? I trust we weren't breaking any rules.

If this is, as I suspect, the admins way of getting more life into that section of the boards, I hate to say that it kills it for me. I've had alot of fun and enjoyment doing the Lost Realms of Arnor (however sporadically), only to have it arbitrarily shut down for no reason. :(

I PMed an admin but have gotten no response. Can at least my RP be reopened, please?

If it can't, there's really no reason for me to stay around, much as I like this place.

Note: If I don't get any response to this thread, I will PM the other admins in hopes that one of them can check this out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2009, 4:52 am 

I understand that the whole plan of 'refreshing AU' although I don't believe that it works that way for the RPG section. But there were a few RPG's which were a lot of fun and just on a temporary hold to wait up for some RPGers. So I would really appreciate it if "A sleepless Malice" and " Song to Tinúviel" could be openend again.

I felt the same as you Llew :) But calm down. I'm sure that the Mods are busy and after they read your PM or this post, they will gladly re-open them for you. :yes: No need to speak of leaving..

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2009, 6:54 am 
Maia
Maia

Oh, I didn't notice that some of the old RPs had been locked when the new ones came up O_o I'm definitely all for the refreshing of Caras Galadhon with new RPs, since, being absolutely awesome it needs more activity :-D - but it would be great if some of our RPs could be reopened again, pretty please? =) Such as Song to Tinuviel and A Sleepless Malice, as Will said, and Simbelmynë?

It’s definitely difficult when it comes to RPs, because they can die for a while when some of the participants aren’t on the forum as much, but every so often they can be given a revival. =)
Anyhoo, I’ll finish rambling. =) xxx

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2009, 9:49 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Bored, I wandered over there and was shocked to find a majority of the threads locked - so I came here to ask about it, but Llew beat me to it. :P

I found nothing wrong with the roleplays that were locked, and I would certainly appreciate if they could be re-opened although I do not RP LotR much anymore [but if it had been <i>Pirates</i> that got shut down, I'd be furious :frust:]

A Sleepless Malice would be easy to pick up with, except that Pandora has gone Missing In Action and she's an integral part of the RP...

Anyway, I digress. Be it accident, or purposeful, <b>please</b> open the roleplays again so we don't lose even more members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2009, 7:43 am 

I'm not a RP'er here but now I had to see what it was all about. And wow, they're all locked! I understand how you guy must feel now, after having poured so much life and action into the role plays. But like has been mentioned, I'm sure there will be no problems in having them re-opened.
I think you need to PM the general A-U mod account in order to get a quicker response.

My other comment is for the mods:
Again without being a RP'er here I might be way off, but my suggestion is that you put an announcement on top of the RP forum advising people to shoot a message to the mod-account if they would like some of the locked RP's to be re-opened. That way the active ones can still live on and prosper.
I believe a good RP depends on - the participants, of course - but also on a strong and original idea (no offence to the new RP's started by the mods :-)) to make the plot or set-up to kickstart the RP. Another important fact in order for success is that there is an owner or creator of the RP, a catalysator to breathe life into the RP if it slows down. It might be done by any or all the participants but I think the owner might feel the stronger ownership and responsibility of not letting the RP die too soon.

And this is my two cents... all this coming from a non-RP'er. :-)

ETA: And when all this is said, I really think it's a great idea to re-create A-U and you guys have done a fab job with the clean up in general. :hug:

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Last edited by on September 18th, 2009, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2009, 8:30 am 

I completely agree with you Eä. Personally I think many of these will not work out as there's not much plot to it and are pre-created. No offense meant but that's just not how RP's work.

Consequence is that the Caras Galadhon section is now overcrowded with threads which might not be answered, which was actually the thing which you wanted to prevent..

Those are just my thoughts though :)

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2009, 10:23 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

EA put her finger on it, I do believe. With many RPs, the creator's unique inspiration and passion are what get it created in the first place and then continued.

It's been so in my case anyway, in the ones I've started here and elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2009, 3:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hey, its me! I know I haven't been on for awhile, but I'd like to start rping again, so if anything gets reopened and you need some charries, shoot me a message, I'd be willing to play basicly anyone.

I found that pretty weird when I logged on and found a bunch of rps locked and a bunch started by the admins...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 12:33 pm 

Sorry that you've had a long wait for a reply guys. We've been trying to clean up the forum and get rid of old unused threads but we don't want to stop rpgs that people are still interested in. I've unlocked all the ones mentioned here. Let me know if there's anything else you want me to unlock :)

Profile       WWW