Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

How would you rate the friendliness of the other visitors on the forum, tag-board, and chat room?
5 (very nice and friendly) 70%  70%  [ 177 ]
4 23%  23%  [ 57 ]
3 5%  5%  [ 12 ]
2 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
1 (very obnoxious and unfriendly) 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 252
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 2:42 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Location: Pudding. In a giant treehouse made out of chocolate pudding.

Very friendly here. But as with most, if not all RP places, i've found close knit groups who RP only with them. And it can be very hard to get into that or make a new good group.
But you practically can't improve on that though.

I say, rock on!

Born in a hobbits body,
Grew up with a dwarven mind,
Lived in a world of humans,
With a elfs knowledge.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2009, 8:46 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

it's hard to tell this place is so quite so I don't much experience but from what I could tell good so I put a 4 down

Post subject: Re: How would you rate the friendliness?
PostPosted: December 4th, 2011, 3:02 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Location: Running around a Family Dollar asking if they sell tasers... >:D

I love it! I think it's wonderful! When I first joined, I had so many members helping me out! It was/is fantastic!!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 10:13 am 
Elf
Elf

The A-U forum is the most friendly forum I've ever joined. I love this place and I've found so many nice people here that I'm drowning in friendliness.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2013, 3:04 am 
Elf
Elf

The most friendly forum I ever was on. Srsly. I was surprised it's so easy to get on.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2013, 11:30 pm 
Vala
Vala

I think, to be honest, because there are so many rules about discussions and such, it's hard for it to be anything but friendly. I mean, it'd take a lot for a user to start an argument over what they last watched on TV. ;)

PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 1:17 pm 
Elf
Elf

[quote="Moist von Lipwig"]The most friendly forum I ever was on.[/quote]

Yea. I agree. This forum is really friendly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 11:50 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

The forum is mostly very friendly, just sometimes you get someone who's having a bad day. Although I find the tag board (which I sometimes go on) rather unfriendly. A lot of people ignore you or kind of single you out of conversations or RPs. Some people are lovely though, very welcoming and happy to see you which really brightens up my day. So, for that reason, I gave it a 4

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2017, 12:49 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I've found this place fairly friendly over the last 10+years. Granted, there are or have been a couple who seem to let their depressive behaviour rule their lives and feel the need to share it here, but I don't buy into their drama and call it out when I see it. That likely makes Hanasian the biggest @hole here in their eyes. But in general, this is a friendly, enjoyable place. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2017, 9:45 am 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

I must say that attempts at rating qualitative matters in a quantitative manner annoy me highly. The moron part of management and especially consultants is always desperately trying to “quantify” things that are, to be blunt, not quantifiable. It’s usually a crutch for weak managers who desperately want “objective” criteria (in human interaction pretty much an impossibility) on which to base their “judgements”. AKA the large (if not huge) proportion of management who have seriously crossed the Peter Principle line into the territory of their incompetence. The theoretically most heinous example would be computer nerds who are promoted to management level. What happens? The company loses an excellent programmer (what the guy was good at) and with an enormous amount of luck gains a mediocre manager (a manger’s sole objective must be keeping the employees for whom he is the boss able to function in a way most productive for the company, to be good a people things – something nerds usually stink at horrifically).

Anyway.

As a site like A-U is a quasi-family, the kind that anyone can chose to join and leave at whim (much more so than say schools, colleges or universities, or companies, …), there will be differences of opinion up to and including acrimonious arguments. So the “everything is lovey-dovey” that I assume a rating of 5 implies may at other times have been not entirely optimistic, but for the time since I have joined A-U in March 2017 it certainly is off the mark (how far is again an arbitrary pseudo-quantitative opinion, not to say prejudice, masquerading as “objectivity”).

I agree with Hanasían’s above statement in principle, though I might differ in how I personally “call it out when I see it”. What I did find remarkable is that one of our members whom I would have rated as one of our most tolerant and gentle posted a take-no-prisoners reply – possibly justifiably so due to personal bad experiences which made the previous poster’s whininess (my purely subjective opinion) look pathetic. Not a nice situation, but possibly a justified “call it out when I see it” reply.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8