Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It warms my heart!
PostPosted: September 12th, 2009, 10:15 am 

There are bound to be moments in FotR where you just want to stand up and cheer. What are they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2009, 1:44 am 
Elf
Elf

Definitely Gimli recounting his gift from Galadriel. Asking for one hair, and receiving three. There's something so beautiful about it.
In fact, the whole Gimli-Galadriel relationship is touching. They start with such prejudices, and yet part with a friendship/admiration of one another.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2009, 3:34 pm 

I love it when Frodo, Sam and Pippin reach Frodo's new house in Buckland after having been chased by black riders. Frodo is beginning to realise the perils of the journey he has committed himself to and the importance of his mission. He is terrified and determined and he is so alone with his burden because he cannot share the secret with his closest friends without bringing them in danger.
And then, it turns out they already know and not only that, they have been keeping Frodo's secret to protect him and they even want to follow along on his quest. I can almost feel Frodo's joy and relief when they break the news to him. He is not walking the path alone and his friends have chosen to follow him of their own free will knowing the journey will be far from easy and peaceful.
Awwww!!! :-)

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2009, 8:36 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The fireworks at the party. I'm such a little kid when it comes to sparklies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2009, 10:23 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Also with Celebwen on the Gimli-Galadriel thing, and would like to add the devotion Sam shows in helping Frodo at the end of FotR/beginning of TTT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 5:39 pm 

Eä wrote:
I love it when Frodo, Sam and Pippin reach Frodo's new house in Buckland after having been chased by black riders. Frodo is beginning to realise the perils of the journey he has committed himself to and the importance of his mission. He is terrified and determined and he is so alone with his burden because he cannot share the secret with his closest friends without bringing them in danger.
And then, it turns out they already know and not only that, they have been keeping Frodo's secret to protect him and they even want to follow along on his quest. I can almost feel Frodo's joy and relief when they break the news to him. He is not walking the path alone and his friends have chosen to follow him of their own free will knowing the journey will be far from easy and peaceful.
Awwww!!! :-)

I'd have to agree with this. The fact that they all just know about what's been going on, and have an idea of what he might have to do, and decide to be with him anyway is just awesome. I also love Fatty's role, and how he volunteers to stay as a "decoy" (supposedly not dangerous, but not without some complications altogether!)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2011, 6:42 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

For me, there are several such moments.

First, there's the beginning of Bilbo's (and Frodo's) birthday party, with this lovely, happy, cheerful music in the background (of the movie, of course, but I hear it also when reading the book), the hobbits dancing, the fireworks... To me, that one scene is the most cheerful one in the entire book and book trilogy even, because - save for Bilbo wishing to leave and announcing just this at the end of the party - the hobbits could not be happier. They don't know yet about what lies ahead of them. They don't know yet about that ring, about Sauron, about fighting, murder and loss. They don't know how close Middle Earth will come to being lost to Sauron. They are just happy. They enjoy the moment in their hobbit-ish ways and don't think about a tomorrow. And that makes me cheer with them, too.

Then, a second scene is Gimli receiving the gift of Galadriel, three of her golden hairs. It's such a wonderful scene, telling of forgiveness, tolerance and love. Elves and Dwarves, who haven't been best friends at all in their past, yet have to fight a war together. And Galadriel and Gimli each take a step toward the other race. This one single gesture represents so much.

I'm sure there are far more scenes - but I need to read the books again...

Post subject: Re: It warms my heart!
PostPosted: May 14th, 2011, 1:04 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

The Old Forest, In the House of Tom Bombadil, and especially The Ring Goes South and [i]The Breaking of the Fellowship. All of those chapters hold something for me, especially since they all hold a sense of adventure and a group of two or four or more that are willing to go through anything together. I found it thrilling and forbearing at the same time that the Fellowship was defeated by Caradhras, but that they kept going on nonetheless. Tom and Goldberry were just inspiring to me as well, being so easy-going and cherry, full of mirth just living and being who they were. The Old Forest was just intriguing, and it was humorous and a bit strange at the same time when Pippin and Merry were trapped inside the trees. And the entire sound of Breaking of the Felloweship, itself sounds fascinating to me, and I love the part where Sam goes with Frodo to Mordor, and the struggle Frodo had inwardly right before that. It just touched me very deeply somehow.

These are just some specifics. Needless to say, All parts of Fellowship hold something for me. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 9th, 2011, 7:12 pm 
Istari
Istari

Probably when Frodo realizes what his friends have been up to (spying on him). I'm sure there are other moments but I can't remember right now..... :blush:

"Looking behind"

PostPosted: July 4th, 2011, 12:56 pm 
Istari
Istari

When Bilbo vanished and left Sackville-Baggins and the rest in the shock. I wanted go and congratulate Bilbo for this "joke" :)

PostPosted: May 20th, 2013, 12:19 am 
Elf
Elf

Yes, Gimli receiving the gift from Galadriel is so heartwarming! And when hobbits meet Gildor at the beginning of their adventure.

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2014, 9:42 am 
Elf
Elf

^^ Those and Frodo in the table with Elrond, Gandalf and other elves in Rivendell. Pippin's, Merry's and Sam's conspiracy is always been my fav part of FotR.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 25th, 2014, 11:37 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

When Sam joins the Fellowship and when Merry and Pippin join the Fellowship and Gimli recounting gift from Galadriel :yes:

PostPosted: May 21st, 2014, 2:27 am 
Ent
Ent

Totally the chapter of Bilbo's birthday party. Because of all the reasons others have said about it. Because the hobbits are just having fun, and enjoying themselves.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW