Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 12:36 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I think themes based on teams might be diffcult - I have little knowledge about Moria really.

So maybe we could just pick themes:

Characters
Actors
Locations/statues
Anagrams
Picture quiz (close up image of something from Middle-earth and people have to guess, they technically could all be picture quizzes, but this one especially needs to be)

And each team leader picks one and that way there will be no overlapping and no hard book questions. :P

I know these could be done via Quizardry, but if there is another way to make them, that would be good.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 5:01 pm 

I've noticed questions come up about the flag/poster/song event. There is no time limit to it. I just want this to be a way of getting people into the spirit of their team and having a chance to participate right away. However, the sooner they make something the less likely they are to forget about it. ;)

I would love to make a quiz on locations. :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2010, 7:06 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I'd be happy to make a quiz on anything really. :-)

Maybe I'll try making one tonight on Quizardry and then you can all see if you would like to use it.

EDIT: Bit bummed at the moment, as I don't know how long it will take for Quizardry to check the quiz and then put it on their site. :-( I'll see if I can find another online quiz maker that allows pictures.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2010, 7:35 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Just an update on my quiz.

I am trying with Quizardry to make a character quiz - sorry to anyone that wanted that. Apparently, it might be a few days until it will be put on the site.

So I think everyone should be starting to make their own LOTR quiz - team leaders that is - so that they can be released as and when they are ready.

I also think we need to start getting other things like the wordsearches and stuff that non graphic makers can get stuck into. Again, if we can have one each from each leader, based on a theme, that would be good.

But we definitely need to have something for our teams to be working on and working towards otherwise people might get a bit bored. :-)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2010, 8:40 pm 

I made a puzzle the other day, so I'll put that up. I also will start up the writing contest.

I think the more puzzles, crosswords, word searches, quizzes, etc there are the better. If each leader makes one that will give more people chances. Also, if we are posting them at different times, it will give different time zones better chances at being first.

I was thinking of the fanmix contest today. Perhaps 2 categories for points: cover and overall relation of songs to the subject?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 12:09 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

So basically, every team leader should make a puzzle I think.

I think we may need to re-think the amount of pieces though. :lol:

And maybe everyone who participates and finishes could receive one point? It's a lot of hard work to find after 2 hours, you just missed out on the last spot. :confused:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 7:41 am 

Yeah, that would probably be good. I'll change the point system.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 1:46 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

For the puzzle contests, maybe you should post when you start it and another with the screencap when you finish, so it is based on the amount of time it took for you to finish the puzzle rather than if you happened to be online when the puzzle was posted.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 1:52 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Hmm... that might be a good idea.....

Also I have my puzzle ready for whenever anyone needs it. :-)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 2:54 pm 
Vala
Vala

I like the screencap idea.

I could be in charge of the anagram puzzle, if no one else wants it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 7:02 pm 

smeagollum wrote:
For the puzzle contests, maybe you should post when you start it and another with the screencap when you finish, so it is based on the amount of time it took for you to finish the puzzle rather than if you happened to be online when the puzzle was posted.

That was why I was hoping we'd post them at different times, but I like that idea. Especially as I work all day, so I'd have a better shot at doing something for my team. :teehee: I'm not going to change around this contest now, but we can do that for the others.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2010, 9:20 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

I think we should talk about the puzzles and things in more detail.

For example: jigsaws. I think if every team leader makes one, but I think should be able to choose between the really big one (that you did Nurr), and the second biggest one (the one I chose). It means that hopefully everyone will want to try it and it might shake the points up a bit if some are less diffcult than others.

Wordsearches/crosswords/quizzes etc. I have found a really good online wordsearch maker that allows you to find the words online. I was thinking every team leader could make one based on their team. But I also think maybe every team leader should have the same amount of words. Wordsearches are so random anyway, ones with less words can actually be harder than ones with most, so if everyone has the same amout, it would be fair.

My quiz which I am finishing has 60 questions. Not everyone will have 60 for their chosen subject. So maybe the points can be awarded based on the percentage of questions you answered correctly? Rather than speed?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2010, 9:42 pm 

Re: quizzes - I was thinking accuracy would be the best, and then speed from there. So that if two people both get 90% right, but there's an hour difference in finishing between the two, the one who finished first would get more points.

Jigsaw: I assume your bigger and smaller are exactly inverse to what I'm thinking, :teehee: but yeah, we can do that.

I'm awful at worsearches, so I don't know what a good amount of words would be. :P Crosswords, though, I'd say a good amount would be 10-15 words.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2010, 10:08 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Well my wordsearch has 20. I think that's a pretty good number.

Crosswords, an average sized one would, I'd say have about 30 words. But maybe 20 would be a nice neat number.

Yes, that would be a good way to sort out the quizzes. If everyone had the same amount of questions in their quiz we could do: 5-10 correct = 2 points. 10-25 correct = 6 points. 15-30 correct = 10 points. 30- 45 correct = 18. 45-60 correct = 25 points.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 1:22 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Has anyone found a quiz maker which just allows a person to put in the answer to the question, rather than being given choices?

Ideally, I want to have images and then all the contestant has to do is type in who they think the image is of, but I'm having trouble finding anything that allows me to do that.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2010, 5:45 pm 

Regarding jigsaw puzzles, crosswords, and quizzes:

You may post any whenever you wish, just don't post them all at the same time or anything. :teehee: And don't everyone post together. But as long as we've got stuff going up periodically, that should help keep momentum going.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next