Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My gf hates LOTRs =(
PostPosted: March 10th, 2011, 7:56 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

It's really sad =( and really annoying things she says. She just doesn't understand it/ not her cup of tea. Which is fair enough really. I just wish it was something we could share.

Post subject: Re: My gf hates LOTRs =(
PostPosted: March 18th, 2011, 9:31 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

That's just too bad. :( I personally can't see how anyone could hate these films since they're so wonderful but I do realize it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Has she seen all three films or just parts of them?

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

PostPosted: March 20th, 2011, 9:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Like Eru, I'm curious about this. Does your gf give a reason for not liking the movies? Does she not like fantasy films in general? Unfortunately I do have friends who don't particularly like the films, or will watch them but make snarky comments that should only be made by people who adore the movies already, so I kind of understand. Sigh. Silly people. Don't they recognize true genius? :teehee:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 27th, 2011, 10:48 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Hey don't feel bad my wife hates anything related to it. She said she doesn't like the rings just because they are from Lotr.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2011, 12:29 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

That's a really big shame. :\ Fortunately my bf is just as big a fanatic as I am. Was inspired by LotR to grow his hair out 10 years ago. Now he's got waist-length blonde hair and with his soft features, he looks exactly like an elf. Haha. Maybe you could have her read the Hobbit... it's an easy place to start?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 30th, 2011, 3:54 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Haldir wrote:
That's a really big shame. :\ Fortunately my bf is just as big a fanatic as I am. Was inspired by LotR to grow his hair out 10 years ago. Now he's got waist-length blonde hair and with his soft features, he looks exactly like an elf. Haha. Maybe you could have her read the Hobbit... it's an easy place to start?

Yeah The Hobbit would be a good place to start! Mydad does not like the movies, he's more James Bond type! My mum and dad was holiday and she drag him to see the frist movie! Then me to the second, well lets say i never looked back, and ask for the longer edtion for christmas, it is cheaper now then it was back then to my mum's shock! LOL And Halidr does your boyfriend have really long hair????because wow! :jawdrop: you should my sister boyfriend big brown curly hair! If not take her on holiday to New Zealand, and try teaching her about it! :)

PostPosted: March 30th, 2011, 4:00 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

LadyLónannûniel wrote:
Haldir wrote:

Yeah The Hobbit would be a good place to start! Mydad does not like the movies, he's more James Bond type! My mum and dad was holiday and she drag him to see the frist movie! Then me to the second, well lets say i never looked back, and ask for the longer edtion for christmas, it is cheaper now then it was back then to my mum's shock! LOL And Halidr does your boyfriend have really long hair????because wow! :jawdrop: you should my sister boyfriend big brown curly hair! If not take her on holiday to New Zealand, and try teaching her about it! :)

The extended versions are definitely WAY cheaper now than they used to be, you're right. I remember spending such a fortune on them when they first came out, and now you can get em for like $15 per DVD. WOW.

And yes he does, Lady! Not as long as mine, but it's still very long -> http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 1791_n.jpg Your sister's boyfriend sounds like he's got hobbit hair! How precious :happy: Are your sister and her boyfriend fans of LotR at all?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 8:09 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

ERR! Wow, you two look so lovely together! HEHE i never thought it as hobbit hair!!!! :lol:

I better not tell her that, as for Lord of the rings, i know my sister read them and watch the films but for him, i have no idea, i hardly know him after 3 years together? they live faraway, as they went to uni together, i just need a boyfriend now, and here is useless, where i live i mean! just as long as someone can take my crazy, quite nature! :tongue:

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 9:16 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

My ex was a Harry Potter fanatic, and I (as you can tell) am completely and totally obssesed with LotR. So, when dragging me to one of the Harry Potter movies I *made* and wore a LotR shirt. I did it to vex him, but the point still stands!

http://roleplayultimum.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://kyototig.posterous.com/shop-bann ... nd-baubles