Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Sense of Foreboding
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 10:15 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

(welcome Duro...and I would expect you can just jump in wherever you see fit. Great to have you!
And I am sorry I did not say this earlier but welcome and great to have you Nienna )

Calista gave Dante a small smile. "Well at least you can use one," she remarked with a slight smirk. "I was taught the basics of one by my brother years ago but never learned to master it properly," she added with a shrug. "Yes, the resistance could always use men of stealth," she added with a small smile before she had turned away and speech of her doubts came up. Feeling Dante lightly touch her shoulder to comfort her, she raised her head again and gave him a grateful smile. "I wish to learn such techniques," she whispered. "I have never been skilled at reading other people's intentions...until it is far too late," she murmured. "And either I or someone I care for pays the price of my stupidity..." she added her voice trailing off.

When talk then turned to their professions, Calista then smiled when Dante remarked that he would keep her offer in mind should the need arise. Yet her smile faded as he told her his occupation and she just listened as he explained why he became a thief. Seeing the almost sad expression on his face then, Calista felt her heart ache and a sense of compassion not anger filled her blue eyes. Ever since she had been a young girl, her first instinct was to try and ease both sorrow and pain whenever she beheld it. Yet, she knew that he was right, most would say never to trust a liar or thief and at the same time sometimes life had a way of removing all sense of freewill. Tentatively reaching out, she lightly placed her hand over his when he remarked that he would not be surprised if she no longer wanted to be acquainted with him. "I understand that life can be cruel and sometimes even the best choose a lifestyle they may not normally---if only for the sole purpose of living..." she said softly. "And to be fair the occupation does not always make the man. A gentleman born could be a greater scoundrel than a thief..." she added just as quietly before she withdrew her hand. "I won't end my acquaintance with you just yet...especially since I offered my healing services in the event that they are needed," she added with a small smirk. "Well I won't end our acquaintance unless you prove to me that you can't be trusted..." she added gently.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 10:44 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(thanks guys :) good to be here )

''Finally'' Agron said to himself. He had finally arrived at the tavern, he had thought himself late as he had seen some people emerge to leave. He hoped he had not missed his chance.
He walked into the tavern and had a look around. he saw what would be usual in a tavern from the storyteller in the corner to a drunk passed out on the floor.
There were some things that stood out. Not least of which was the female elf that looked very intoxicated.
Not wanting to look suspicious he headed to the bar to order himself a drink. He then noticed a man and a pretty woman on his left and opened his mouth to speak to them then stopped. ''How am I to ask about the meeting without giving too much away incase they may be spies?'' he thought.
He thought and finally thought of a way that would suggest his intent.
Clearing his throat '' Excuse me '' he said '' do either of you know if there is anything of interest taking place tonight?
He waited for a response, hoping he had not revealed too much.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 11:29 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Agatha listened to his words carefully, mulling them over in her mind with much thought. If anything, it would make an intriguing story itself, and what better way to be able to tell then to be right there when it happened? It almost made Agatha's heart thumb louder in excitement. It did sound like an exciting adventure. She could live one of the stories her life revolved around. "It sounds interesting," she finally said. "And if I were someone else I would say I would like to know more before I decide. But as it were, I go where the wind takes me and have no plans of where I go next so it wouldn't be out of my way."
Then he commented on what she said about words, and looked away for a moment. When she looked back there was a fierce fire in her eyes, almost like a fighter's spirit and determination, but not quite, because she was not a fighter. "Fights can be avoided, you just have to know how," she said in a low voice, then it raised slightly. "I can see in your eyes that you think I always travel alone. You are not the first. But I am not not a fool. When I travel, I never travel alone. Mostly I go with caravans and other such groups that welcome fellow travelers. They are not rare to come by, but when they are I've even gone so far as to travel with curriers or getting rides from farmers headed the same direction." But then the fire seemed to fade and she gave a gentle sigh. "But there is some truth to your words."
An idle hand reached up to play with the collar of her shirt again. It was almost a nervous habbit. "But... my master was against the use of swords, though he told stories about them. He never weilded one himself. His weapon was magic. When he took me on as an apprentice he said I was destined to be much like him," she looked up at him with a smile that was on the brink of nervousness. "But maybe I'm taking it too far and he only meant that I'd be an entertainer."
Then came his offer. A very generous one, but Agatha caught the catch behind his words. He truelly did want her along on this enigmatic mission that he had spoken of? She had to contemplate that and the offer for a moment. But the answering reply came more of an impulse than careful thought.
"I don't want the stain of blood on my hands, but it wouldn't hurt to be able to defend myself," she looked up into his eyes, giving a sheepish smile. "If it's not too much trouble, I would be glad if you could teach me some. But... I know how a swordsman is about his weapons... I couldn't borrow yours from you. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to find one so you don't have to..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dante nodded to Calista. "It's good to at least know a little for protection," he commented, then pursed his lips in thought for a moment, as he heard the rest of her words out. So she wouldn't end their acquaintence, but now Dante saw that this relationship wasn't likely to go any further than that. Looks like you might just win this one by default, Niko, he thought to himself. He almost wanted to turn and see what that man was doing, but decided against it. And usually when he spoke about his occupation, it was almost with pride. He would boast about what he had stolen, and what he got from the money he stole. But something was different. It was who he was talking to. The purety that seemed to be almost radiating from this woman revealed how black his deeds really were. Now Dante saw the great contrast and a bridge that he doubted would ever be breached.
"I suppose your right. Good men can get stuck with bad jobs, while bad men find their way into good jobs," he chuckled sourly. "But then bad men fit perfectly into the bad jobs as well. I couldn't tell you which kind of man I am because I don't even know." Suddenly he felt that he spoke a bit to openly there, but it was truth. It was no lie. "At least, sitting here next to you, I almost feel like a bad man."
He thought for another moment longer, then came with an idea. "Well, with your offer to help me if every I'm in physical turmoil, I have to offer something in return," he said, his spirit lightening up a bit. "You wish to learn to read people properly so as not to cause more..." he trailed off, not sure how to continue without hurting her in any way. Instead he just cleared his throat. "Well, as a master of that, I could teach you a bit if you like. It's the least I can do for your company and conversation this night."
But before any more was said, another man came up to them and cleared his throat. Dante turned to face the man, almost expecting another like Niko. Well, he was here for the same reason as Niko, and all the others that waited in the bar, if his words were anything to go by. "Well friend," he replied cautiously. "That would depend on what kind of things you find interesting."

(I feel like all my posts are walls of text, lol!)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 11:57 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Agron couldn't help a smirk show on his face.
''A sense of humour'' he thought '' unfortunately very few posses that quality. ''
He continued deciding to try his luck. ''i have heard that there is to be some action taken against a royal problem of sorts. In an effort to removed the problem from doing any further harm''
Agron hoped this was sufficient to gain further knowledge as he was still not sure he hadn't missed his chance.
''Judging by the amount of people who look out of place I'd say i'm not alone in the thought?'' he said. While he said this his gaze was directed at moreso to the woman who seemed the last person you would expect to find. His words nor his expression was hostile and he smiled at her, hoping he hadn't offended her.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 12:12 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"Yes it is," Calista remarked softly. "Although it will do little good if my attacker ends up taking the weapon and using it against me," she remarked softly. When he spoke openly to her and then confessed that he felt like a bad man sitting next to her, Calista just gave him a small smile and shook her head slightly. "I may not approve of thievery," she said softly, "but that does not make you a bad man. I am sure there are other deeds that are far worse," she remarked. "And besides, people can change...for the better or for worse. So if you truly want to stop thieving, I believe that you can..." she remarked softly. When he remarked that he could teach her some tricks to read into the intentions of others, Calista's grin just widen and hope shinned in her blue eyes as she took no notice of his pause. "Oh could you?" she exclaimed excitingly. "If it wouldn't be too much trouble, that is..." she added rather shyly. About to speak again, Calista was a bit surprised when they were joined by another man. Glancing over at Dante, she just decided to be quiet for a moment, afraid of revealing too much again. Yet at the man's words, Calista decided to risk it---thinking him to be an alley just from his speech. "No, you are not alone and have not missed the business matter," she remarked softly as she gave him a small smile, hardly offended by his words. "Do I really stick out that much here?" she asked both men with a smirk as she just shook her head slightly in amusement. "Mayhap I should learn how to blend in a bit more if that is the case," she added, knowing that if there was a spy in their midst she would be in trouble.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 12:25 am 
Maia
Maia

He noticed a gleam in her eyes as she replied. Opposed to what he thought she didn't travel alone which he was pleased to hear.
''Did your master ever teach you any magic? he asked, quite curious.
He smiled as she accepted his offer. '' Excellent'' he said. ''it will keep both of us entertained. A few days of training and you will see your skills rise '' he said in the hopes of encouraging her further.
''As for a sword'' he continued '' I would assume we would have time to go and pick up supplies before we begin our journey. that would be the time to get you a sword. Years from now people will hear of you, Agatha, of whom the only thing more renowned than her swordsmanship is her stories'' he said with a laugh.
He noticed a stranger walk in the tavern with a look of determination on his face. ''Another one?'' he wondered. He proceeded to the bar and promptly began speaking to Dante and Calista. ''It would seem Calista has no shortage of admirers'' he joked as the stranger gave her a smile which she returned. ''And we,'' he added '' may have no shortage of company on this trip''

Last edited by Legolas on July 15th, 2011, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 12:34 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Agron laughed as he heard her words, glad she had not taken offense.
''i would ask if there are any others beside the three of us?'' It would hardly seem likely to give something of such importance to just three people. ''The elf perhaps?'' he added while looking around the tavern.

He then took a second to think before replying to her question.
'' It is difficult not to spot you amongst the people here. Though you yourself could be a spy as you seem the most out of place and therefore no-one would suspect you.'' he said this in a non serious fashion hoping to put both of them at ease so they would begin to trust him. ''Yet I doubt you are a spy'' he added.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 1:21 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"Anyone who ends up in that cituation would be in trouble," Dante replied. "But even basics can save your life." And he spoke truth of that. He had seen enough streets fights to know this. He reguarded her a moment as she spoke about change. It almost seem like she really wanted him to change. It certaintly would bridge that gap. But he wasn't sure about it. He didn't exactly hate his life. In fact, he always had fun and enjoyed himself. Unlike others with more honest jobs, who always looked worries and stiffling and scrapping by. It just didn't appeal to him as much, even if the honest women did. Could he really throw all that away for a woman? He only had one answer. "And only time can really tell about that," he said, refering to the change. He had to smile in pleasure when she accepted his offer. So maybe they would be together a little longer than anticipated, especially if he decided to go on this journey as well.

After his innitial words, Dante watched Calista and this new man talk back and forth about what was about to go on in the tavern. He noticed that since the possibility of spies and keeping a tight reign on your words would be wise had been pointed out to Calista, she did very well here. She hinted just enough to figure out for herself whether this man was a spy or not. Though he couldn't help but almost feel protective of the woman at his comments of her being out of place, but kept quiet until he felt he should speak.
"There are many in the room who I deem to be here on the same business. Like the man with the entertainer, maybe the two women at that table over there with the ferret, and the hooded fellow in the corner. I come here enough to know who aren't usuals here," he replied, giving the room another scan. "But since we've established that we're on the same side, how about a name? I'm Dante, this fine lady is Calista."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"No, he never did. Though before he died he started telling me strange things... maybe to prepare me. But I don't know. It's it that only people born with the ability to use magic can actually use it?" Agatha inquired thoughtfully, having answered his question.
She was pleased to find that he was glad that she accepted his offer. She couldn't help but just smile, happy for herself, as well as his enthusiasm, which in a way was a bit contageous, she had to admit. Agatha just nodded with her smile.
"Alright, sounds good. I don't have too much money to spare, but maybe I can manage to scrape up just enough to buy something that won't break on me," she said, then blushed at his next words. "I doubt I'll ever reach that sort of skill. I learn more for protection, not to become a master or anything."
Agatha followed his gaze to the new man who entered the Inn and the two people who he went and started talking with.
"Calista? That's the name of that woman, then? Do you know her, and the man she's been talking with? I noticed you talking earlier. Are they friends of yours?" Agatha asked Niko curiously. "But it's easy to tell why she has admirers. She sure is pretty," there was almost a touch of jealosey in her tone, but she carefully hid it so that it wouldn't be obvious. Agatha knew she was pretty. The only thing people ever said anything about her that had to do with her looks was her flame colored hair, and those weren't always compliments. "But I'm guessing that those two are also part of this mission?"

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 1:50 am 
Maia
Maia

She spoke of magic. He took a pause before answering. ''Unfortunately I do not know for certain. Though I would assume you would have to be born with some kind of claim to be able to learn''
He looked up to see she was smiling at him a sentiment which he returned. He then responded '' Agatha the protector then'' giving her a quick pat on the back.

She turned her attention to the three at the bar ''I would think they would all be joining us. Our new friend included'' he said indicating to the new stranger .Niko saw something stir in her eyes as she spoke of Calista. ''Yes, she is beautiful. But she is not the only person blessed with good looks. There is also'' he paused for a moment and held Agatha's gaze. ''me of course '' he said with another hearty laugh.''As well as the radiant Agatha who sits before me '' he said with a smile hoping to remove any doubts she had of herself. He could honestly say he found Agatha to be pretty. A bonus seeing as her personality is to my liking. he thought to himself.
''As for the other, he seems a tad too arrogant for my taste.'' He put on a mock innocent expression knowing full well that he was just as arrogant as Dante was.

Last edited by Legolas on July 17th, 2011, 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 1:54 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"Well I hope so," Calista remarked in response to basics being able to save a person's life. She then nodded at Dante when he remarked that only time would tell if he would change and decided not to pursue the matter any further, though she wouldn't have since another man had joined them. Tilting her head slightly at words, Calista studied the newcomer for a second, never thinking that the fact she seemed so out of place would make her a good spy. "I never thought of it like that," she remarked. "I always thought spies liked to blend in as well not stick out in a crowd," she added. "But then again I know nothing of spying," she confessed before giving the stranger a small smile when he added that he did not think her a spy. "I would probably be the worst spy in the realm---especially if it were for the royal issue that I have no love for..." she whispered her way of referring to the Queen as she shuddered inwardly at the thought of aiding such a wicked woman. If truth be told, if the Queen required her services as a healer, she knew that in her heart she could not help such a woman which would make her both a murderer and breaker of her oath as a healer to help the sick and wounded. But did such a woman that brought about so much pain and misery deserve to be saved? Or more pressing a question, did she have the right to judge another human so? Snapped from her musings as Dante introduced them both, Calista blushed slightly at his words and gave the rouge a small smile before turning her attention back to the stranger, waiting for him to introduce himself as well.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 2:05 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Agron laughed as Calista declared she would be the worst spy.
''you would no doubt be one of the last people to be accused to be a spy. I am Agron'' he said, inclining his head. '' I hope to join this mission and see it successful.''
He was glad there were others who had interest in joining. '' Then we are not short of people then'' he said, smiling. ''that is good to hear.''
The tavern keeper came with his ale. He lifted it and drank. ''What of these others? Are we sure they are trustworthy'' he inquired?
''it would not do if one of them was'' he addressed the last part of the sentence to Calista with a smirk '' was a spy''

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 3:00 am 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

"Well, pleased to meet you Agron," Calista remarked with a friendly smile. "I think all of us here for the meeting hope it will be successful," she added with a slight smirk. It will probably mean our heads if not, the woman thought to herself though she did not say it out loud. "And yes there seem to be a number of us waiting for this meeting to begin," Calista agreed with a smile. "Much to my delight at least," she added. When Agron inquired if they were trustworthy, commenting that it would be terrible if one of them was a spy with a smirk at her, Calista just shook her head and gave him a thin smile. "The idea of me being paired with the word 'spy' seems to amuse you," she remarked quietly. "But to answer your question, I know the man there---Niko---sitting with the entertainer is not a spy. He was one that warned me to be more cautious with my words and admitted to being here for this meeting. The others I have yet to meet so I am not yet sure..." she confessed, although she did not think they looked like spies.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 3:19 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Agron returned her smile.
After she told him what she knew of the others he stopped to think for a moment. ''Niko'' he said quietly while taking a quick glance to look at him. ''Well I am glad at least there are others trustworthy among us.Though I am curious, if he waits for the meeting as you do, why is he not sat here with us?''
He looked around the room again. He didn't want to linger and was eager to begin whatever task was set to him. He sat leaning forward, taking another swig of his ale.
He wondered what would be the cue for the meeting. He voiced his thoughts '' And, Are we to wait until something occurs for the meeting to start?'' he asked.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 2:21 pm 
Istari
Istari

Name: Morgie'larutel Henyi
Race: Fae
Appearance: Rather mediocre in height but seems more tall than she is in fact. She has black piercing eyes, blond, almost white hair and etheral posture that makes her almost invisible if not black clothes she always wear. Generally its black tunic, black light shoes and black pants fastened on the right with laether strings.
He has very pale complection and you can fairly see freckles on her porcelain face.
Occupation: She is wanderer. She has not ambicious or needs, just to survive. She care not about humans, they only exist to exterminate them. She don't like elves but she wants not show it before them. Dwarves are once again a nice thing to her collection of victims.
She eats what she will hunt. Thats the way she is living.
Personality: Very cold and cruel mind in body of etheral woman. She calculates and acts but not very fast. She is rather dark person witha lot of skeletons in her closet. She has urge to kill and likes to cause pain. Morally, she is not on the side of good.
History: She was risen in the dark mountains by uknown figure. She never saw her host and master but she was know he care for her. Even if she didn't know why. She was know that she will not be well seen in the cities and towns so when she was older she started wandering. That was her goal, to see and feel everything. She wanted to see the blood.
Weapons/Abilities: She has two daggers and her voice which can be a weapon as well. She can become invisible if she wants (not literally) and is very agile and silent.
Anything extra: I don't know if it fits Winterfell's ideas about faes but this is simple profile of fae that I KNOW. She is strange creature who always seems to be outside than inside, plotting her way through the world.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 9:28 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(Welcome, Duro and Morgana! Sorry I've been MIA -- Harry Potter craziness for the last few days. Once the weekend's done I should be back on track! Morgana, your fae sounds perfect. I can't wait to see her in action. <3 If you guys want to go ahead with the meeting, please feel free and I'll join in once things settle down here!)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 7:27 am 
Istari
Istari

When she sinked into the tavern like into the water, Morgie'larutel Henyi felt that this place isn't for her. She had hood on her fae face but everyone could nocite her and make a quarrel...maybe it wouldn't be THAT bad but there were too many people...she would kill five but not fourty.
She shook her hand at the maiden who were delivered beer to the most drunken men and said with soft, charming voice.
- One glass of water, my dear child.
The girl stood for a moment like stoned until Morgie didn't said "Hush, hush, go now" and then she flee.
The fae sat on the one only remaining chair near the one only remaining table. She was sitting that for few minutes until she heard voices.
Are we to wait until something occurs for the meeting to start?''
She looked at the people that were near her. They were talking with emphasis. Morgie smiled.
- What start, dears? - she asked soft but strong voice, which was able to put a spell on the other people. - You are in the worst part of the city. This isn't best place to start anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next