All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Return of the Rings: Mock Battle!! STARTING
PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 8:21 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Image Image
Hey guys!
As part of the AU Revival we are haveing an RPG Mock Battle!!!! :goofy:

Simply join either the Nazgul or Hobbit Teams and on 9/9/11 let the Battle begin! Rather than createing a charecter you will play as yourself, you can have whatever random powers you want and whatever weopans - though normal RPG rules apply - apart from the rule about dieing - you won't die. You'll just be reborn behind your own lines.

We had a War like this before and it proved extreamly popular, so to join get yourself down to either the Nazgul viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21767
or Hobbit viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21769
threads and join your team :). And most of all HAVE FUN!!! :fish:

Even if you want to join once the RP has started please don't hesitate - just sign up - all are welcome!

Return of the Rings Mock Battle - Hosted by The Evilishly Nazgul Club for World Domination.
If you've enjoyed this - why not come down and join us! viewtopic.php?f=39&t=535

Last edited by Anduril Vanlhach on September 9th, 2011, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Return of the Rings: Mock Battle!! STARTING
PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 7:58 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Anduril Vanlhach, dread Konotopo and Nazgul of Jelly, swooped towards the battlefeild on a hideousely bedecked Bob the Fellbeastie; her pink feather boa streaming out over her tail. In one hand she held a Frodo poster, in the other a morgal blade, on her back was fastned a the Candyfloss Canon.
She cried out in a dread and awful voice;
'LET BATTLE COMMENCE! SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH'
And with this war cry she sliced the Frodo poster in half with her blade.

(Apologies - haveing started this i am now going to bed - i am shattered lol; but have fun!)

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 7:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ari watched the scene unfold from behind some bushes, having been chosen as the scout for the Hobbits. Why they had chosen her, given her clumsiness, she had no idea, but she was determined to do her job to the best of her ability. She shrank back a bit as the fellbeast swooped over her, and covered her ears as the bloodcurdling screech of the Nazgul leader--was that one the leader--reached them. But she heard the cry to battle loud and clear, and more imporantly, she saw what the Nazgul did. Her eyes narrowed and her heart began to race, and she snuck away to join the rest of the Hobbits, determination in her eyes.

"They've destroyed a Frodo poster!" she cried. "Come! We must fight! This means war!"

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 7:39 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Another screech joined that of the first, but this one came from the ground. Eruraina the Nazgul of Strife rode atop a great black steed, named Blacky, Morgul blade raised high. She didn't have a hood, instead a great helm which almost covered her face, letting her flame colored hair fly behind her like a banner.

She always did like being different and liked others to tell her apart from the other Nazgul.

Eruraina rode infront of a great wooden contraption being pushed by cave trolls. The contraption was a catapult that shot giant marshmellows cooked in the fires of Mount Doom.

"The Hobbitsssssss will fall under their Doomy Deliciousnesssssssssss," Eruraina hissed...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 9:33 pm 
Maia
Maia

Amara gasped at the news that Ari said about Nazguls. She glared a bit and then grinned. "Oh, that's quite alright. If it's a fight they want, it's a fight that they're gonna get." She then pulled out a stuffed animal Nazgul. She then caught it on fire and screamed, "For Frodo!"

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 10:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

Alanna listened intently to Ari's report and decided such a crime of slicing a Frodo poster could never go unchecked - not on her watch, at least! While the others got ready to go into battle, she quickly disappeared into the forest, returning some minutes later, and explained to Amara and Ari that the ninja Hobbits were ready and waiting.
"There's torches and kindling, too. You know how much the Nazgul appreciate fire," she said in an undertone, and though her face was set in determination, she winked.

thanks for the Hobbit Team banner, Lembas!

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 4:39 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

From her vantage point above the battle Anduril could not hear what the Hobbit's were saying, but she could see thier darstadly act!!!! How DARE they burn a fellbeastie toy. Bob felt the same and swooped down makeing as if to go and eat them!
"No Bob" she screeched "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!" The pink feather boa careared wildly over the sky, Bob's sparkly body paint flashed as Nazgul and fellbeastie contested thier wills against each other.

Finally with the promise of some baby hobbit snacks later Bob was back under control and they flew down and perched beside Eruraina.
"Ahhhhh Daughter, i see you have bought the Marshmallows of Doom" she sniggered eviley, before relateing what she had seen the Hobbits do to a Fellbeastie Plushie.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 3:20 pm 
Istari
Istari

Alanna looked up when she heard the scream of a fell beast and was frightened to see a bedazzled, glittery fell beast swooping down! Her ears rang as it screeched, flying closer to the Hobbits. Just as she was making for cover, the beast suddenly turned up, as if reined by its evil rider. Then it flew away, still screeching wildly.

Amara and Ari had seen the fell beast, too. No harm had been done - yet - but there was still the evil deed regarding the Frodo poster that had to be paid back!

"I noticed that the fell beasts, though highly decorated, seem to be more vulnerable on their bellies," Alanna said. "I suggest that the next time one of them comes down or flies over, we should put our bows and arrows to good use. Did anyone call an Elf? We could use their skills."

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 8:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Hmmm..." Ari mused thoughtfully, pulling out her cell phone. "He's not very good at answering his phone, but I can try. Elves are usually far more into that telepathy-calling, you know. But that always gives me a headache. Anyway, while I call him up, you guys can get started on the fire idea using those slingshots or something. Oh, and be careful!" She turned away, flipping open the cell phone and pressing '9' on her speed-dial.

"We need you right away! As soon as you can get here!"

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 10:32 pm 
Istari
Istari

While Ari was speed-dialing the Elves, Alanna pulled out their fireproof slingshots and lit a few torches. Reaching into a shopping bag, she pulled out a handful of small round objects. "These you can light with the torches," she said, "and fire them at the Ringwraiths. Aim for their cloaks! This will have to do until the Elves arrive, and they can use arrows." While she was thus preparing, her mind was at working, endeavoring to think of something that might separate the Nazgul and make them easier to defeat.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 12:58 am 
Istari
Istari

Lithoniel heard the cries of battle coming from over the hill. She turned her pitch black horse, Hidalgo, towards the sound of battle and spurred him forward. She topped the hill and raced down to join the other Nazgul. "Sorry I'm late, I found Gollum slinking around and I couldn't resist tormenting him by throwing lembas at him." she said. She gasped when she heard about the burning of the fellbeast plushie and unstrapped an apple shooting Nerf gun from the saddle and held it up. "We've got Marshmellows of Doom, I got plenty of apples, and Bob's hungry! Lets take down those little hobbits!!"

Ooo, I've never done this before! This is kinda fun! :)

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 8:16 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"Welcome Lithoniel!" Called Anduril, "Excellent, then let us begin our attack.!" And with this fell pronoucement she began fireing great blobs of candyfloss from her Morgal Candyfloss Bazooka at the opposeing Hobbits. To be caught in such a blob meant dire trouble for anyone. It was like a huge sticky net that could only be eaten out of - but the secret was this - the candyfloss - if enough was eaten would begin to turn the eater into a wraith!.

"Take this Hobbits" she cried circleing above her own lines.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 9:06 am 
Istari
Istari

Alanna saw something rather pinkish careening through the sky and wondered what it was. As the object neared her and the band of Hobbits, she could see that it was a lumpy, stringy mass of something pink and sweet-smelling. She heard a Hobbit say, "I don't like the looks of this!" and immediately they scattered, just as the missile landed in the midst of where they had just been standing.

"What is it?" Alanna asked her fellow Hobbits. Someone touched it with a wary finger and exclaimed, "Very sticky!"

Alanna looked up again and saw similar blobs in the sky. "They're everywhere!" she cried. One Hobbit narrowly missed one of the netlike blobs by dodging quickly.

Suddenly, an Elf appeared out of the forest. He glanced at Ari and said, "I believe you called."

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 9:11 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Near the battlefield, behind a rock with a shape very similar to the Witch-King of Angmar, a silhouette arose. It took off the the camouflage cloak, revealing the black clothing of a Nazgul beneath it. The figure shook off the dust on it's shoulders.

"What do you know - those camouflage clothes they sell on ebay actually do work! I don't think that somebody has noticed my presence yet." said Elen smirking. She looked carefully to the battlefield. Near the front line was scattered a great amount of small, but deliciously looking cupcakes. "Perfect! No Hobbit can resist the power of the Evil Cupcakes of Doom! They are so delicious that you're doomed!" Triumph was written all over Elen's face. She laughed.

The truth was that each cupcake, aside all the sugary deliciousness, contained also a small piece combustible lemon in it - one of the deadliest weapons ever to be created. While Elen was under cover, she carefully put the cupcakes around the front line, creating a small mine field.

"Because if life gives you lemons - don't make a lemonade" said she to herself and chuckled. "And now it's time to join the others."

Return of the Rings 2011- make it happen

sig.set:by me;
my unbiological sissy is Aerlinn

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 12:43 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"Darn it" The Hobbits were avoiding the Morgal Candyfloss, "In that case they shall just have to be bigger...and I should get closer...and maybe a little extra something..."

She quickly changed the settings on her bazooka so that the Candyfloss was the size of cars and began to circle closer to the Hobbits. She knew this was dangerouse, after all she was a prime target, but at the same time she was pretty sure it would be worth it.

And the little extra something? Frodo dolls - with needles stuck into the eyes.

With one hand she fired the bazzoka and with the other she threw hundreds of the dolls down upon the waiting Hobbit ranks.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 10:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lithoniel saw Anduril swoop low over the hobbits and quickly rode towards the hobbit lines then turned Hidalgo to the side, keeping a safe distance from the hobbits. She aimed her Nerf gun and fired delicious red apples into the hobbit lines in the hopes of providing a distraction to protect Anduril's fellbeast. She laughed evilly as she saw some hobbits fall to the ground holding their arms or shins, the apples that hit them rolling across the ground next to them.