Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hallowfest?
PostPosted: October 5th, 2011, 11:09 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I know I've not been the most active recently, but I thought I should mention this anyway even though I myself probably won't have much time for a great deal of input.

Is there going to be a Hallowfest this year do you think? Is there still time? Can we do it without Kit? And if not, can we kidnap her? :P

For those of you unfamiliar with the AU Hallowfest, it basically is a role-playing event where the members who join are thrown together at some suitably spooky Halloween location (haunted house, ship etc) for a seemingly normal Halloween party, only to find ourselves being bumped off one by one, leaving the rest of the living party goers to determine via clues left at the site of the murders (and also thanks to the vague information given to us by are dearly departed who return as ghosts), who exactly is the killer or in some cases, the killers.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Hallowfest?
PostPosted: October 6th, 2011, 12:15 am 
Istari
Istari

Oh that sounds like fun!!! I wasn't here when y'all were doing those!

PostPosted: October 6th, 2011, 1:04 am 

The Hallowfest is the best thing since sliced bread. :yes: I hope some of the old veterans will come back for it, though!

I actually had just Facebooked Kit today asking her about it, and she replied that she unfortunately didn't have time this year, but she gives us her blessings to do it on our own. :)

So... who wants to host it? :P I myself will be glad to do all the moddie/adminstrative things necessary-- making people ghosts, collecting profiles, etc., but I warn you, I am not a great hostess or criminal mastermind, so if anyone better at that sort of thing wants to do that part of it, maybe we can work together.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2011, 8:44 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Yes, we need to get some of the oldies back for this to really work, as well as seeing the new faces that have arrived since last year.

Are any other Mods willing to work with you perhaps Tar? I was thinking as last year was a little bit... meh... maybe to hopefully guarantee a better Hallowfest, a small group of people working on the story/ideas etc might be the way to go? I know most of the Mods are also Hallowfesters which is why I mentioned you guys doing it, but also because there is a good time zone thing amongst you, for adding info, dealing with murders etc.

We need more input though as time is ticking. I would say this year we are probably looking at a one week Hallowfest, so there is more time to organize it better.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 8th, 2011, 5:13 am 

Hahaha, what is so awesome about sliced bread? I always wondered! :P

Hallowfest was great though.. I'd love to see it happen again. And I'd love to see Gimli as the hostess... You've always been so deeply involved in everything: solving the riddles, participating/hosting the contests and having such an established character!

I agree that a one week Hallowfest might work better this year and that a small group of oldie people (2-3) should host it. I think it's safe to say from experience that fewer people work faster and more efficient on the planning than a bigger group... :teehee:

As for my availability... it's not the best. :( I'm working fulltime and can only post in the evenings my time. I'd be willing to help out if you need me though.

Let's make it happen!

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

PostPosted: October 8th, 2011, 12:56 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Haha, nice try Ea. :P I love being a part of the Hallowfest, and I think I would be absolutely terrified if I were to host it and then it wasn't as good as people hoped it would be. But I'd do it if I didn't have to be involved with the actual figuring out of who is going to be the killer(s) as I'm not that good at creating stuff. :teehee: But I'd be happy to be the tool. :yes:

Anyone seen Larael around recently? I'd like her input on this as well as Will and also Ana.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 1:43 pm 

^Really??
But hosting the Hallowfest is mostly about organising the whole thing, as in plan the dates and activities, give a rough schedule to when the guesses must be made, perhaps make the maps (to location). All the killing/mystery stuff.. well, you pretty much leave that to the murderer.

You know you want to! ;)

PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 2:01 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Well... if by deciding the dates and things, a few of us could work that out and it wouldn't soley rest on my.. er... shoulders, I might be able to host it... but it would be awesome if Algie had a hosting partner though.. someone to share the load and as I said, someone else from another time zone would be great as hopefully that would mean there would be no lulls or gaps in posting info.

I could definitely see this working this year if we can get it set up and organized. :yes:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 2:07 pm 

Yeah, I think that would work. By the way, to answer your other question. I haven't seen Larael around for the last month or so, not since she started went to Texas on exchange so I guess school and life in general takes a lot of her time. Will should be around but I haven't seen Ana for a while either.

But if I were you I'd try to lure Taur over to co-host with you and Algie!

PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 2:10 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

We need to get in contact with all of them. I can reach Ana via Tumblr, and I don't know if you can reach Will or Larael with FB? We need both of them back this year, they add so much to the atmosphere. Nurr as well could be a big help if she had the time and wanted to, as she knows how it works with being a sneaky murderer and all. :P

Muhauhauha.... I'll just start singing "past the point of no-return" at her, and basically she can't refuse. :P

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 3:29 pm 

*rushes in*

I'm here! I'm here!

How could I not join the discussion about teh Hallowfest?! It's my favourite AU-festivity!

So here are my thoughts on a few organizing issues:

The hostess: I agree with Eä that only that a few, experienced Hallowfesters should host this. Ideally, one hostess with the help of the killer, should plan the event with the dates/activities/maps and introduce every murder. The murders/clues/red herrings should be made up by the hostess and murderer. But then we need an experienced Hallowfester who has enough time on her hands to organize this and those are hard to find these days. A solution for this is that a sort of Hallowfest commitee can assist the hostess with setting up a schedule and activities. But still, in the roleplay, the hostess still has an important and time-consuming role to fulfill. I also think it's essential that only the hostess and the murderer are informed about the clues/murders weapon and motive/ etc.

The duration: especially now alot of oldies are quite busy with uni/RL/etc. I think that a two week event makes everything easier. I know that there have been complaints last years that it slows the event down and that the discussions and the roleplay are less lively than when it's a one-week event, but I just think that alot of AUers cannot handle being there every single day. (I at least won't be able to, as I'm way too busy than is healthy for me and sadly are alot of Au-ers in anoter time-zone so that the most activities are set in the middle of the night for me).

The planning: As the Hallowfest usually is a two-week event and most likely this year also, it would mean that it would start next sunday if it would end two weeks later on Halloween. As this is a very tight schedule to organize everything, would it perhaps be a better idea to postpone the event a week and center it around Halloween? So that Halloween would fall in the middle of the deadly stay at the mansion? It provides us with a little more time to plan everything, it would suit my personal agenda better and I don't mind the event not ending on Halloween.

The murders: as we solved the murder last year and the event came to a premature end, I for one can say that I was somehow disappointed that we discovered the killer. So I would advise the hostess and murderer to think of a plan B. when the murders are solved so that the event can still go on.

Sadly, I'm really to busy to take the role of hostess on me, which could be really hilarious if Algie and Sparkle would do it.. :lol:

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 4:23 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Yay Sparkle.. er I mean Will! :D

I like your ideas - I agree that a small committee would be good just to get the activities set up and set the days people will be killed (that sounds to weird doesn't it?) just so things are planned out properly and there is enough to do without it being boring but not so much that people miss out. I also agree that probably the host should be the only one who knows the how and why's along with the murder however, just as a back-up in case things are going slightly wrong (like people start to figure it out quickly, which won't happen or they'll be smuggled off and never heard from again) another knowing head might be of help.

I also agree with the duration thing. It was always sad to me that it ended on Halloween, so I like the idea of having it hot up ON Halloween and then continue for another week. We could include Bonfire Night into the mix, as if Algie hosts and he is British, that could lead to Bonfirey Night inspired happenings (like Bob was found with a firework shoved up his nose... but how did he die?) so it would add something a little bit different. But most importantly as you said, with 2 weeks, hopefully everyone would be able to find time. :-)

Yep, we need a Plan B. As last year proved. :lol:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 4:55 pm 

I'm here as well! :D I try and check in around here on a semi-regular basis. Erm, thoughts.

I definitely agree with Will that we should have it center around Halloween, instead of ending on it. It would make things a lot easier to plan and why should it have to end then anyway?

Quote:
The hostess: I agree with Eä that only that a few, experienced Hallowfesters should host this. Ideally, one hostess with the help of the killer, should plan the event with the dates/activities/maps and introduce every murder. The murders/clues/red herrings should be made up by the hostess and murderer. But then we need an experienced Hallowfester who has enough time on her hands to organize this and those are hard to find these days. A solution for this is that a sort of Hallowfest commitee can assist the hostess with setting up a schedule and activities. But still, in the roleplay, the hostess still has an important and time-consuming role to fulfill. I also think it's essential that only the hostess and the murderer are informed about the clues/murders weapon and motive/ etc.

I agree with much of this. However, the general consensus from everyone in the experienced Hallowfester group so far has been "I don't have the time." Would we be able to have co-hosts? So a maximum of three people who know what is going on killer-wise: two hosts and the killer. It would make it easier for them to be posting the important information on time. Speaking from my sneaky killer experience, it was a lot easier for me to bounce ideas off of PotR instead of feeling like it all lay on my shoulders. :P

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 11th, 2011, 9:52 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Co-hosts I think will the way to go this year. As I said, it will hopefully mean that there won't be any delays with activies and the announcement of murders and things, and if one person can't be around one a certain day, the chances are hopeful that the other person will be.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 13th, 2011, 1:56 pm 

Johnny's Fan wrote:
Muhauhauha.... I'll just start singing "past the point of no-return" at her, and basically she can't refuse. :P

If you (or Algie?) wore a white half-mask that would totally work. :teehee:

I suppose I'd be willing to co-host. Though I'll be sad to already know who the killer is and not have the fun of thinking up outrageous, long-shot theories. :P

PostPosted: October 13th, 2011, 2:01 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

That could be arranged for me.. alas Algie might have trouble there. :teehee:

That is a good point, but just think how much fun it will be confusing everyone, and having every little thing you post scrutinised in case it's a clue.... muhauhauhauhaa....

Profile       WWW