Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: DW: Dalek's Revenge
PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 10:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Amy gave Rory a little nudge on the shoulder, rolling her eyes. "Do you think he'd really throw us out?" she asked. "He'd be way too bored. That's just an empty threat he likes to throw out every now and again to scare you."

"Right," Rory said, but he didn't look convinced. It was true that the Doctor had been mentioning leaving them alone a bit more than usual, but he hadn't acted on those words...yet. So it was still safe to assume it was all still a big joke between them all. He wouldn't do that to us. He knows how much we need this, and he needs us too, even though he doesn't like to admit it to himself. I know he thinks that he just ruins lives, but if he really was traveling the universe all by himself...he wouldn't be able to survive that. He needs people, my Raggedy Doctor. She smiled to herself. Even if all they do is stand around looking impressed while he does something clever.

The Doctor worked his magic on the TARDIS a little while longer, pressing so many buttons Amy wasn't sure if they actually served a purpose or were just to show off a bit more. Finally, they landed, but judging from the look on the Doctor's face something wasn't quite right. "Doctor?" Amy asked, following behind him. "What happened this time?"

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 10:16 pm 
Elf
Elf

"A cat's stuck in a tree."

The Doctor raced out to the said tree, where a red fire truck had already arrived, along with a small crowd of onlookers. He paid no attention to these, just jumping up onto the lowest branch and climbing up from there. The cat meowed at him, and he lost his footing just a for a moment, hanging onto the tree limb by one hand. He swung his other hand up, and latched on again, this time reaching the cat in a matter of seconds. The Doctor gently picked up the brown and gray tabby and lifted her off and onto his shoulder. A fireman had come up the ladder from the truck, and the Doctor handed the cat to him. He then jumped down and onto a branch, and then down again, landing safely on the ground. An old woman rushed to the fireman and took her cat, and then smiled at the Doctor. He dipped his head back in a response, a smile adorning his face, too. He turned to the Ponds, still grinning. "How was that?" he asked cheerfully.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 17th, 2011, 1:04 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Amy stared at the Doctor. "You're kidding," she said, raising an eyebrow. But the madman with a box was already halfway up the tree, climbing up like it was the easiest task in the world. Rory gave Amy a helpless look. "He can't let five minutes go by without rescuing someone, can he?" he asked.

Amy smiled, shaking her head in a slightly exasperated manner. "That's my Raggedy Doctor for you. Careful!" she shouted suddenly, as she watched him lose his footing, but of course he didn't fall. No, he was far too lucky for that...in certain situations, anyway.

"Bravo," said Amy once the cat had been safely returned to her relieved owner and the small crowd had dispersed. "Very impressive, Doctor. Now if you're done playing Cat Hero for the day..." A chilly wind blew through then, making Amy's red hair fly out about her face, and she wrapped her jacket more tightly around herself. "I don't remember it being this cold last time we were here. Come on, let's find someplace warm to eat." She grinned at the Doctor. "Maybe I can convince some poor unsuspecting cook to whip us up some fish fingers and custard. Just for old time's sake."

PostPosted: November 17th, 2011, 7:44 am 
Elf
Elf

"Yeah, he said distractedly, "Fish fingers and custard. Why not." The Doctor slowly looked around, glancing at all the people. The cat, the fireman, the old lady, the people in the crowd. . .but there was something else there, too. Something else in the crowd. He inched away from the Ponds, reviewing it all. Back and forth, back and forth his mind whizzed, and. . .there! The two police officers. Their badges. Their faces, their. . .grim faces. He looked back to the Ponds and leaned in slightly. "Do you see those two police officers?"

Rory nodded. "They would be here to rescue a cat, right?"

The Doctor looked back at the duo, and then to Rory. "Look at their badges."

Rory frowned. "I don't see what's so special about a--"

"Amy, look at their badges. You remember the Daleks, right?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 17th, 2011, 12:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Doctor, what's wrong?" Amy asked as the Doctor peered down the quiet streets of Leadworth. What was he looking for, exactly? Surely there were no more felines in distress to rescue today, so what was the problem?

Amy had a feeling that this simple little trip back home would soon turn out to be anything but. Just like all the rest of them.

When the Doctor mentioned the badges of the police officers, Amy squinted her hazel eyes, trying in vain to see whatever it was that he wanted her to see. When he mentioned the Daleks, however, she felt her eyes widen to the size of dinner plates. Daleks. Of course she remembered them--how could she ever forget? Sure, she had in the past; sure, her timeline was so filled with impossible-to-construe paradoxes that it was sometimes hard to keep it all straight in her head, but she remembered the Daleks. There were the Ironsides, serving her tea alongside Winston Churchill, pretending to be on the side of the Allies while at the same time plotting to betray them. The Dalek that had 'killed' the Doctor in the musuem, the malice in River Song's eyes when she explained that the Dalek too had died. Amy had thought they had seen the last of them, for now. Had she been wrong?

Her heart skipped a beat as she nodded. "Doctor, what does this mean?"

PostPosted: November 17th, 2011, 9:27 pm 
Elf
Elf

"It means. . .it means it means it means something's wrong. No. Nothing's wrong, everything's fine. This is just a trip to Earth, just going out to eat and have tea, not paying attention to anything, ooh, nothing like that at all, who's up for fish fingers and custard? Oh. No." He smacked himself in the head. "Bad Doctor! Why didn't I notice before?! This is 2015, fours years later. SETI transmissions. Bad SETI transmissions. Oh, no they did not just do that. . ."

The Doctor swung around again and snapped his fingers. "Amy, Rory, go talk to the policemen over there. Ask them some questions, especially about their badges. What's going on. I'll be there in a mo." He looked between the two of them and smiled. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. Just have to do a little investigating. Nothing ever goes wrong with that."

He slunk off with one glance behind him, and pulled out his sonic screwdriver. Down this way, over that way and up this street, that was it. One more turn and. . .

The Doctor hit a dead end and sighed.

Last edited by Harthad on November 18th, 2011, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 18th, 2011, 12:00 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Since I'm not really sure where you're going with the badges, I just sort of left that open-ended. Feel free to have Rory discover more and the three can reunite in the next post or so)

Amy and Rory shot each other worried looks as the Doctor went on one of his infamous monologues, both of them knowing well enough by now not to interrupt until they felt he had truly reached a stopping point. Ordinarily, his rantings might seem comical, but this was serious. Daleks were involved. Somehow, some way--only the Doctor seemed to know for sure. And he certainly wasn't letting them in on it any time soon.

"SETI transmissions?" Rory asked, but the Doctor didn't respond, only ordering them away while he went off to do some investigating of his own. Amy gave an exasperated sigh as he went off, attempting to follow him. "Where are you going?" she called, but Rory grabbed her arm gently, stopping her. "Let's just this once, actually do what the Doctor tells us to," he said.

Amy raised an eyebrow. "Where's the fun in that?" She gave a little shrug, though, and followed him as he walked over to the police officers, looking awkward. This should be good.

"Afternoon, officers," Rory said, attempting to be nonchalant. They gave him a cool nod but said nothing. Rory tried again. "Lovely turnout for the rescuing of the cat, don't you think?"

Amy bit back a giggle as the officers looked at Rory quizzically. He tried to recover. "I mean, it's very good of you to turn up. For something like this, I mean. Very professional. But of course, you are professionals. You've got the badges to prove it. Interesting badges, too. What did you say they were for again?"

This was getting them nowhere. With one last look over her shoulder at her husband, Amy turned to run after the Doctor, weaving her way through the streets she had grown up in. She felt a little guilty at leaving Rory, but Leadworth was small. He'd find them--and it wasn't as if they didn't have their phones, either. He would understand, she knew.

She hoped.

She caught sight of the familiar tan coat down an alleyway. "Doctor!"

PostPosted: November 18th, 2011, 6:30 pm 
Elf
Elf

The police officers looked at each other, and then one of them spoke to Rory. "We're part of the DPL. It's our job to promote the safety and comfort of citizens." He said that almost mechanically.

Rory nodded. "And what's the DPL?" he asked, hoping that they wouldn't think him too much of an idiot. But the officers gave each other a look, and then the same one spoke again to Rory.

"The Dalek Protection League."

The Doctor spun around to face Amy. A flicker of annoyance flashed across his face for the briefest second and then he smiled. "Amy! Get back to the TARDIS. Now." His tone of voice didn't match his cheerful expression. "Get Rory."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 18th, 2011, 7:33 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Rory looked more closely at the two officers, trying to spot anything out of the ordinary. They looked normal enough, but the way the two of them were acting was enough to make Rory wonder. Why did only one of them speak, even though they were both clearly capable of it? It was almost as if the other one was in charge or something. And that weird tone of voice...

All the color drained out of Rory's face when he heard what DPL stood for. Dalek Protection League. That couldn't be right. The Daleks were the bad guys. They were the most evil things Rory had ever seen in his entire life--and he had been given a truly varied taste of what was evil since he had started running around with Amy and the Doctor. Daleks had no sympathy, no compassion--who in their right mind would protect them?

Or...what in their right mind would?

Rory nodded and tried to smile, realizing that the silence had gone on for too long. "Right," he said softly. "Right. Of course. Well, I'll just...let the two of you get back to you duties then, shall I?" He backed away from them a few steps before turning around and walking normally, glancing over his shoulder once to see if they were following him. So far, so good.

It was then he realized that Amy had vanished, and he wondered how long she'd been gone from his side. He looked around, finding no sign of her trademark red hair. He gave an exasperated sigh. "Typical. Amy!" he hissed. "Where are you?"

------

Amy planted her feet firmly on the ground, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "No. Not without you, and not until you explain to us what's going on. Come on, Doctor. Why did you mention Daleks? What did you go running off to find?"

PostPosted: November 18th, 2011, 8:10 pm 
Elf
Elf

"Nothing." he snapped at her. "Forget it, we're leaving. I will not get involved. I will not get involved." the Doctor kept chanting that over and over again, under his breath, walking out of the alley and onto the busy streets again. He roughly pushed people out of the way, not even bothering to say 'excuse me'. He would not get involved in this mess. Just take Amy and Rory and use the TARDIS to get away from the Earth. Anywhere but here. He would not have the people of Earth be in anymore danger for his sake. . .though he knew deep down that the Daleks would exterminate every life form on this planet if he didn't go to them. But what did they want? What could they possibly want this time?

He rounded a corner, expecting to see the familiar blue box. She wasn't there.

Rory ran up next to Amy. "There you are! You wouldn't believe what I just found out--"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 18th, 2011, 10:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Doctor, wait up!" Amy called, struggling to keep up with him as he took off like a shot again, mumbling to himself. He seemed very cross today, and she wasn't sure why. He obviously knew what was going on, and he wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. Maybe it was best if she just let him, for once. But he hates running, she told herself sternly. You know he does. He runs all the time, but he hates himself for doing it.

"There you are!" she exclaimed as she caught up with Rory, who looked relieved. "Why do you always do that?" he asked, exasperatedly, before changing the subject. "Doctor. Those men, those officers...they call themselves the Dalek Protection League. DPL for short. I don't like the sound of that..." he trailed off, following the Doctor's gaze. "Doctor, where did the TARDIS go?"

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 10:52 am 
Elf
Elf

The Doctor whirled around to Face Rory. "The Daleks took her. They're using her, and everyone else on this planet, as a way to get to me! I thought we could avoid this whole mess, I thought we could run away, but no! They just had to take her! Why do they always take my TARDIS?!" He looked from one face to another, and then sighed. They didn't deserve to hear that. "Okay, DPL? Dalek Protection League. . .they're using you humans as a defense mechanism, but to protect them from what? Ah. They want to be protected against me. Aren't their weapons enough? Why would they use humans? You lot, you always get yourselves in the worst kind of trouble. And then you always expect me to dig you out of it. . ."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 11:35 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I'm going to go ahead and introduce my OC now! If this were an episode, this would be a logical place for a new character to come in, anyway. XD Here's her bio!)

Name: Shannon Casey

Race/Species: Human

Place of Residence: Currently Leadworth, though she was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois

Family: Arthur Casey (father, lives in Leadworth), Jennifer Stewart (mother, lives in Chicago)

Appearance: Dark brown hair and eyes to match, usually framed by black-rimmed glasses. Only around 5'2". Usually dresses in jeans, T-shirts, and Converse.

Personality: Shannon is generally quiet and shy, preferring to bottle up her emotions rather than let them show. She much prefers the company of a book or a piano over people, and hates being forced into social situations. She hasn't made many friends in her new environment yet, and hates being there more every day.

History: Shannon was raised solely by her mother, not knowing much about her father except the fact that he was British and had chosen very early on not to be a part of her life. Every year on her birthday she received a card and a teddy bear from him, nothing more. Shannon never really expressed any desire to get to know her father, so it was quite a shock when out of the blue he wrote to her and asked her to come visit him in Leadworth for a few months. Shannon pleaded with her mother not to make her go, but Jennifer insisted, figuring it might be good for her lonely daughter to get to know her family. Shannon resents being sent away and is very bitter towards both her parents because of this.

Other Info: I picture Shannon as looking like a slightly older version of Ariel Winter, who plays Alex on Modern Family.

--------

(And here's my post!)

Trapped. That was how Shannon felt here, no doubt about it. Trapped in this tiny town with nothing to do, trapped inside that creepy old house with her father. The word still felt strange to her. The man was little more than a stranger. What had possessed him to contact her now, of all things? A couple of months vacation was no excuse for being abandoned for fifteen years. Not that she really cared. She just wanted to get out of there.

But her father was reluctant to even let her do that, it seemed. He encouraged her to stay inside, practicing on the ancient piano and staying out of sight when he had his business associates over for dinner, which was often.I'm like a ghost here. I don't get it. Why did he invite me at all if he doesn't even want me here?
When she had asked him about it, he had simply said that Leadworth wasn't at all interesting, and it was best if she just stayed close to the house so they could get to know each other. "I wouldn't want you getting lost out there, after all."
Finally, after nearly three days without going anywhere except the garden, Shannon had finally snapped, boredom getting the best of her. Stealing a rickety old bike from the garage, she had set off on her own to explore Leadworth for the first time since she had arrived.

He had been right about how boring it was, at least. She wasn't sure if there was even a library in this little village. She brooded silently to herself as she pedaled along the uneven streets, hardly paying attention to her surroundings.

That was a mistake. Her eyes widened behind her glasses as she took in the sight of three people directly in her path. She tried to hit the brakes on her bike, but the thing was so old she wasn't even sure if they were still functioning. "Watch out!" she cried, swerving to miss them. She lost her balance and tumbled off the bike, falling to the ground and scraping her knee. Fantastic.

------------

"How can they have taken the TARDIS?" Amy asked. "Didn't you lock it? How did they even get in. It's not as if they have any hands. And we don't expect you to 'dig us out of it', as you say. You just do it anyway." She sighed, running a hand through her red hair. "Okay, well, they can't have gotten far, can they? They don't even know how to fly her. We'll get her back. We just...have to find the Daleks first."

"It's the Pandorica all over again," Rory said suddenly. Amy looked over at him, wondering what he meant. "I mean, the way the Doctor seems to think the Daleks are using humans as a shield against him. It's just like when they locked you up inside the Pandorica. They don't want to kill you, exactly...well, they do, but they want to protect themselves first. And that means they're scared. And that means..."

"Watch out!"

The trio whirled around as a girl on a bike went careening past, trying in vain to stop. She just managed to avoid them, but tumbled off. Amy winced, taking a step forward towards the girl. "You okay, kid?"

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 12:08 pm 
Elf
Elf

The Doctor righted the girl's bike and raced over to her, helping her up. "Are you all right?" he asked. "I'm the Doctor, and these are my friends Amy and Rory." he turned back for a second, addressing Rory, "Yes, it is exactly like that, except they really do want to kill me this time. But why go to all this trouble of using humans? Why not just come out and exterminate me right now?"

Right on cue, three Daleks glided down the street, a person flanking them on either side. The Doctor had gotten his wish.

"Oh no no no, Amy, Rory, and, and, whoever you are, run! I'll hold them off. Go!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 5:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Amy grabbed Rory's arm as the Daleks rolled into sight. There was no kidding around now. This was real. Daleks in Leadworth--who would have thought? She stood there, rooted to the spot out of fear and stubbornness. "No," she told the Doctor, never taking her eyes off the Daleks. "No. We're not leaving you. Come with us. They can't catch us all if we split up, and even if we run together we have a better chance than if you sacrifice yourself to save us. We're not letting you do that, Doctor."

------

Shannon's knee stung, but not as much as her pride did from acting like an idiot in front of three complete strangers. She gave a little nod as one of the men came over to help her up. "I'm fine," she whispered. "Sorry to bother you." When he introduced himself simply as 'The Doctor', Shannon looked up, meeting his eyes in confusion. For some reason, she felt as though his eyes looked...there was no other way to describe them except old. Or maybe experienced would be a better word. He was young, but something about his eyes made her think that he had seen so many things...maybe too many things.

You idiot, she told herself. You're having imaginary epiphanies about a stranger's eyes. Just get up and get out of there.

"Hi," she said as she stood up, smiling a little at the other guy and the redheaded girl next to him. "I-I'm--"

A mechanical sound reached her ears, and Shannon turned to see three of the strangest creatures she had ever seen in her life roll down the street. They looked sort of like trash cans from this angle...trash cans with giant plungers and some sort of light sticking straight out as if that's how the thing was able to see. At first, it looked so ridiculous she almost laughed, but the more she stared, the more sinister it became to her eyes. It looked like something out of a nightmare, something that would be found at a Sci-Fi convention, not something that should be strolling down the most boring street on the planet. Her eyes widened. "What are those things?"

Just then, one of them spoke.

It was a grating, mechanic voice that almost made Shannon want to cover her ears. "The Doctor has been found!" the thing said, sounding almost gleeful. "The plan was a success!"

The other two things turned, settling their eyestalks on the rest of them. Shannon froze. Something didn't feel right.

"Get him! Exter--"

"HALT!" the one in the center cried, as if it was the leader. It rolled forward, it's focus now solely on Shannon, who stifled a shriek. "What--what..." she croaked, finding it hard to speak.

"The child! The child must not be harmed!"

"Are they talking about me?" Shannon whispered, moving closer to the Doctor. Her palms were starting to sweat and she felt a bit dizzy. What were those things, and what did they want with her? And the Doctor, for that matter? Who was he?

"But the Master Plan--"

"The child must be protected! We cannot harm her! We are under orders!"

Shannon felt a gentle hand on her shoulder, and turned slightly to see the other girl leaning towards her. "When I say to, I want you to run. Get out of here as fast as you can. Make lots of turns if you can. It'll slow them down. We'll try to stay with you, okay?"

The things--monsters? Robots? Animated discarded kitchen appliances?--were still arguing amongst themselves. "You two!" one of them said, turning stiffly to address one of the officers near them. "Escort the child home, and we will take care of the Doctor!"

"Negative!" the leader said. "Capture them all, get the Doctor later!"

"No! The plan must be carried out now! Get the--"

"NOW!" Amy yelled.

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 7:46 pm 
Elf
Elf

The Doctor marched up to the Daleks, forcing their attention so that it was solely on him, and not the others. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Amy and the girl running, Rory lingering for a moment longer. The Doctor gave him a glance just as he was going to try and do something, and Rory got the message. Don't get involved. He nodded once, and turned to follow Amy and the girl. But he knew that this could end badly, but when the Doctor told you to do something, he meant it. Usually. Or it was that he didn't want to admit he needed help. Rory thought that was the case this time, but he still followed the other two anyway. He needed to stick by his wife.

The Daleks swiveled their eyestalks so that they were looking at the Doctor. One of them obviously wanted to exterminate him, but the leader held him back for whatever reason. The humans stood there, faces expressionless.

"What do you want?!" the Doctor asked fiercely. "Why are you here?! Who's this Master you were talking about?"

The Daleks stayed silent.

"What do you want?!" he yelled at them. "You've seen what I can do, you know what I'll do if you don't give me the information I want. What do you want?!"

"The Nightmare System is done. The Earth will burn. We will have revenge!" the leader screeched.

"Revenge. What revenge, what are you talking about? What's the Nightmare System? Who's this Master?!"

"When you meet the Master you will die!" the leader screeched again.

"Exterminate the Doctor now!" the Dalek next to him yelled, and shot a blue beam out at the Doctor, who ducked and ran away, trying to remember which way Amy, Rory and the girl had gone.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next