Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: February 15th, 2012, 11:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(*kicks herself for forgetting it was her turn to post in the RP that SHE WAS SO EXCITED TO START AND WAS CREATED BY HER. X_X)

"Yeah, that's about all I know as well," Emma said as the tiny town of Storybrooke sped past them and they entered the forest on the outskirts of town. "Granny said he owns the whole time, actually--that was back when I first came to town, before I got kicked out of her B&B. My lovely welcome to town from Regina." Emma made a face. "Sorry. I shouldn't say things like that. She is Henry's mom, after all."

She sighed. "I guess I'm just a little confused. It seems that whatever Mr. Gold doesn't own or control or scare people into giving him, Regina does, and vice versa. They're like the same person. And yet they hate each other." She gave a sarcastic chuckle. "Maybe that's why they haven't torn the whole town apart yet. Imagine if they were actually on the same side of things for once."

She was about to mention the strange key she had found, or ask Mary-Margaret how things were going with David, but something held her back. David was a touchy subject, she knew, and somehow the key seemed too...almost personal to reveal just yet. Especially if it turned out to be nothing. Still, she had to say something...

"So, how's--" she stopped short as a flash of red caught her attention, and Emma quickly pulled over and jumped out of the car just as a redheaded teenage girl strode into view. She wore battered Converse shoes and a plaid shirt, and stared at Emma with an expression that was equal parts guilty and confident, daring, as if she was certain she could get away with whatever it was she was doing. "Meredith?" Emma asked, taking a step forward.

The girl took off running back into the woods.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 10:59 pm 
Maia
Maia

[ROFLMBO. :lol: ]

Mary-Margaret took a deep breath and nodded to what Emma said about Regina. She shook her head to her friend and looked over the side of her face. "Emma... She treats everyone like dirt. Just because she's Henry's mother, doesn't mean you have to be nice to her all the time. And regarding Mr. Gold... I don't think that anyone will ever understand him or how he practically runs half the town, while Regina runs the other half." She said softly and shrugged a bit, before looking out the window again. She nibbled on her lower lip and then her mind started wandering off to David. He was always on her mind and she didn't know what she could do to stop it.

Before she could think any further on things, the sight of red came into her view as well. She raised an eyebrow and saw the girl that they had been looking for. Meredith. She got out of the car as well and then saw the girl start running away. "Meredith! Stop running!!!" She yelled toward the girl and then started running after her.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 6:29 pm 
Elf
Elf

Henry sat on the curb, watching the little traffic that ran through the main street of Storybrooke. School was over, and he didn't want to go home just yet. It wasn't a crime to stay out after school, but his mom would probably find a fault with it. To be truthful, he wanted to see Emma. But he didn't really know where she was. She hadn't been at the station when he'd checked, so Henry had resorted to sitting here.

A squealing of brakes made him look up in alarm. Henry quickly grabbed his backpack, standing up to see a middle-aged man getting off a motorcycle, his beard and hair a bit scraggly. Emma had mentioned him when they had been talking about Operation Cobra the last time he had seen her before today, and she said that he had invited her out on a date. Whatever. Henry didn't care much about that, what mattered to him was that this man wasn't in his book. At least, not that he could tell.

"What are you doing here?" Henry asked.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 6:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Sorry Ive not been involved, but am free up now :-D Shall I just jump in whenever or should I wait for someone to visit Mr Gold?)

PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 6:44 pm 
Elf
Elf

(You should probably jump in whenever, or you could be the dude Henry's talking to right now :))

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 6:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Before I do that I just need to watch the latest episode, so Ill be up to speed :) )

PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 1:04 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Aww, come on!" Emma groaned before taking off at a run after the precocious redhead, Mary-Margaret not too far behind. A sprint through the woods is the last thing I need today.

For Meredith Klein, however, this run was the highlight of her day. Her beat-up Converse pounded against the forest floor as her hair streamed out behind her, and she found herself grinning as adrenaline roared through her veins. It was exhilerating, breaking the rules and running from the law. "Catch me if you can," she whispered.

When she felt she had run far enough, Meredith looked over her shoulder to check to see if they had caught up with her yet. They hadn't, although she could hear them bounding through the underbrush. She turned to the nearest tree with low-hanging branches, taking a running leap and jumping up. The rough bark scratched at her legs, exposed as they were in her knee-length cargo shorts, but she climbed upwards anyway, hardly caring. She settled herself on one of the higher boughs, wanting to watch what happened next.

"Any sign of her?" Emma panted, coming to a halt and resting her hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2012, 6:46 am 
Maia
Maia

Mary-Margaret ran as fast as she could to catch up with Meredith and Emma. She was panting hard and then looked around quickly, when they came to a dead end and no red-headed teenager was there in sight. She raised an eyebrow and rested her hands on her hips, looking around slightly frantic. 'Where the heck did she go to?' She thought to herself, before hearing Emma's question. She looked over to her friend and shook her head, swallowing hard to catch her breath. "No... I don't know where she i-..." She then stopped herself, before looking up into the trees slowly.

Of course! That was the only place that Meredith really could have gone. She then saw some red behind some of the leaves in the trees above. "Up there." She whispered to Emma, pretending that she didn't see the girl. She didn't want to scare her off again because of something that she had said.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2012, 2:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Emma met her friend's eyes and nodded, gesturing for them to move away from the tree as quietly as they could. She tiptoed among the underbrush, looking discreetly upward and squinting, trying to see through the mass of green leaves in the trees.

There. The bottom of an extremely scuffed Converse sneaker, a flash of red hair. Meredith was definitely up there.

The question was how to get her to come down.

They waited there, out of sight, for several minutes, long enough so that Emma's ears became in tune to every little movement in the forest. She could hear her own breathing, the crackle of twigs nearby as a squirrel foraged for food, the tree branches above them shifting under Meredith's weight. Finally, she heard the tell-tale signs of the teenager starting her descent from her perch in the tree.

Meredith climbed downwards, oblivious to the presence of the two women. When she was still about five feet off the ground, she let herself drop. She savored the feeling of weightlessness as she fell, broken by the sensation of her feet colliding harshly with the earth. The rest of her followed and she stumbled forwards, her hands colliding with the ground as she caught herself. All in all, not a bad landing, she decided as she stood up and brushed herself off. She had scraped her shin at one point and was bleeding, but she ignored it. At least she had lost them.

Then she heard a twig snap behind her, and she froze.

"Easy, kid," Emma said.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 4:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

Mary-Margaret watched quietly and closely, as she followed behind Emma; who was going after Meredith. She then winced a bit, when Emma had stepped on a twig and heard it snap. She swallowed hard and watched as Meredith stopped dead in her tracks. "Meredith... We're not here to hurt you. We just want to know why you're skipping school so much. I know, as a teacher, that you're missing out on a lot of good education that can help you in your future ventures." She said softly and kindly.

She took one step forward, to stand beside Emma. She took a deep breath and watched the back of Meredith's head. She couldn't understand where the girl was coming from with her running away, but she knew that it was probably for a good reason.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2012, 12:32 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

She froze, a deer in the headlights in the forests of Storybrooke. She couldn't run away again, she knew. They'd caught her this time, but maybe if she was smart, she could at least get them to leave her alone. Slowly, she turned to face them.

She didn't know the two women personally, but she recognized one immediately as the new sheriff, the one that the mayor hated. The other was a teacher at the elementary school, the one that everyone was talking about these days for breaking up some random guy's marriage. She wasn't sure--Meredith never listened to the town gossip--partly because she chose to care about other things and partly because, according to her father, some of it was about her. As if it mattered. What should she care what other people thought of her?

Meredith smirked. "Well, thanks for the concern, but I'm not interested." Emma raised an eyebrow, unimpressed.

"In addition to being an investment in your future, kid, going to school is mandated by law. You've been reported for truancy three times this week alone. I'm the sheriff. I have to take action." Her gaze fell to Meredith's bleeding leg, and she sighed. "Come on, Meredith. At least let us fix you up. At least talk to us. We don't bite."

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 5:31 pm 
Elf
Elf

(*brings back up from the dead like a certain person in this week's episode*)

"Do you mean," August said as he sat next to Henry, "what am I doing in this town, or what am I doing here next to you?"

Henry shrugged. "Both, I guess."

August didn't answer, instead nodding to Henry's book. "Any new developments?"

(If someone wants to continue August, go ahead :))

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 5:47 pm 
Elf
Elf

(Anyone still up for this? :confused: )

Profile       WWW