Post subject: Re: FRIENDS
PostPosted: February 5th, 2012, 3:03 pm 

I'm sure it's okay Erin! ;-)

PostPosted: February 13th, 2012, 5:35 pm 
Maia
Maia

You guys are awesome!!! British and Irishmen are my favorite<3 ;D

I'll put your bios up, then we can start this up!

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 10:48 pm 
Maia
Maia

[Do you guys wanna start?]

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 12:12 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I'll start!)

"Flash back to a girl with a song in her heart as she's waiting to start the adventure...." Kate sang under her breath as she unlocked the door to her and Emma's apartment, tossing the keys onto the table once she'd gotten inside. "The fire and drive that make dreams come alive, they fill her soul, she's in control..." Her purse was dropped unceremoniously onto a chair as she made her way to the fridge to grab a water bottle, a grin bright on her face.

"Hey, Em!" she called to her cousin, taking a sip of water and tossing her hair out of her eyes. "You'll never guess what happened to me today!"

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 6:22 pm 
Maia
Maia

(AWESOME! Issoexcitedthatthissrpghasstarted. :D)

Emma had been sitting in her and her cousin Kate's apartment, sitting in their little nook. A window was right beside it that looked down below to the city streets of New York City. She was curled up and reading a good book, when she heard Kate walk in. She looked up and smiled happily to Kate, before gently placing a bookmark in the middle of her book before closing it.

She heard what her cousin said and then sat up a little straighter, seeming interested. "What happened, Kate? Tell me." She said softly, leaning forward a bit. She placed her book down beside her on the seat and then put her hands in her lap, waiting to her the good/bad news.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 1:04 am 

I. Do not. Write. Restaurant reviews.

Thomas recognized that it was a bit late to be brooding over this fact. He should've said something before Brenda left on maternity leave, not after when all he could do was smile and nod and pretend that criticizing other people's cooking was going to be great fun.

Well, the criticism might be. Containing it in the hopes of keeping his (admittedly sub-par) job would be the hard part.

Thomas pulled his mobile from his pocket, already dialing the number for Emma and Kate's apartment. There was no way he was working on this assignment alone.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 9:26 am 

(Yay we're starting :-D Shadowcat, what do you think of Thomas and Ian being roommates?)

Ian combed his fingers through his messy curls and let out an audible sigh when he dropped himself on the couch in his apartment. He had left a trail of possesions in the already slightly messy apartment, with his jacket flung over a kitchen chair and his keys on the kitchen counter. It had been a fun, but exhausting day, with 8 hours of trying to motivate the kids to complete their excercises.

Then he heard the clattering of keys across the hall, meaning either Emma or Kate was coming home. He got up and slowly made his way over to their apartment, to seek some company.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 9:55 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Assuming this is what you meant by 'dialing the number for their apartment.' If it wasn't, let me know and I'll edit!)

Kate grinned, taking another sip of water. "Well, I was on the phone with Karen today..." Karen, Kate's overpriced but devoted agent, had called during work, causing Kate's boss to throw a fit that would put any two-year-old to shame. She had been afraid for her job and had been forced to ignore the call. Luckily, she had only been subjected to a fifteen-minute lecture (the bookstore had been deserted anyway) and had been able to call Karen back on her lunch break. "And she said..."

Just then, she heard the door open behind her, and she turned to see Ian amble his way into their apartment. "Hey!" she called out, her eyes sparkling. "Just in time! I've got the most awesome news..."

Her news was interrupted again, however, this time by the intercom next to their door. Kate went over and pressed the button, connecting her to whoever was trying to come up. "It's open, come on in!"

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 4:27 pm 
Maia
Maia

Emma stood up from her spot as she listened to her cousin Kate speak about her day. Just then, she was interrupted by their friend Ian coming through the door. "Hey, Ian." She said happily and then looked back to Kate with a small smirk. She knew that her cousin had a small thing for Ian. The way that she looked at him let her know instantly. But, she would never say anything.

Hiding her smirk, she looked down to her feet and cleared her throat a bit. She then heard their apartment's intercom go off, but she didn't know who it was that was trying to get inside. Most likely their friend Thomas. She grabbed her book and put it in the bookcase, leaning against the wall with a hand on her hip. "Go ahead and continue, Kate." She said softly and laughed a bit.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 12:25 am 

(Sounds good to everyone :teehee:)

Thomas was frowning when by the time he reached the room, which shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone. He wasn't expecting such a crowd, and he raised an eyebrow as he let himself in.

"Don't let me interrupt," Thomas stated as their heads turned, pleased with the irony of his words. He considered helping himself to the contents of their kitchen, but he had some dignity left. He'd at least wait to hear some of what the girls had to say. Maybe there'd be something interesting.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 6:39 am 

"Hi Em, Kate." Ian responded, while making his way over to the couch. He shifted a few times untill he found a comfortable position, before he relaxed. "So, tell me the awesome news!" He said smiling. At that moment, Thomas entered the flat. He turned his head, nodded to his roommate and directed his attention to Kate again.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 2:13 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Thomas burst in the door a few moments later, a frown etched into his features. Kate gave him an absentminded wave, determined to not let Mr. Grumpy Gills over there spoil her good mood. She grinned, looking at her assembled friends.

"Karen called me at work today. She's gotten me an audition for a new musical. A real, honest to God audition for a Broadway show!"

PostPosted: February 27th, 2012, 6:42 am 
Maia
Maia

Emma waved to Thomas as he walked into her and Kate's apartment as well and smiled happily to him, before looking back to her cousin to let her finish the good news. She gasped a bit at what she had said and then got a bigger smile on her face. "KATE! A musical?! That's so awesome! Congratulations, sweetheart!" She said excitedly and then pulled Kate into a huge hug. She giggled a bit and then walked over and hugged both Ian and Thomas. She knew that Thomas didn't really care much for hugs or kisses on the cheeks from the girls, but she didn't care. She was that kind of person. She showed a bunch of love and compassion to her good friends.

Kissing both of the boys on their cheeks, she walked into the kitchen that was open to the living room and opened the fridge up to get a water bottle out. "So, guys... What happened to you two today? Anything new?" She asked her two guy friends and leaned against the counter, opening the water bottle and then drinking it. Nothing exciting ever happened to Emma. She was a Barista at a cafe. What could possibly happen?

PostPosted: February 27th, 2012, 2:22 pm 

Ian started smiling more and more with every word Kate said. Once she'd finished, he said "Wow Kate, that's awesome! A musical on Broadway! Amazing!" After Emma had hugged him, he walked over to Kate to hug her as well. "I'm very proud of you and can't wait to see you on stage" he said the moment he let her go, with a big smile on his face.

"To answer your question Emma, nothing special happened today. Just the usual bunch of overactive, not-listening children." he said, while dropping back on the couch. Although Ian sometimes showed a slight irritation with the noisy kids that surrounded him all day, he loved his job and would never trade it for something else.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2012, 6:23 pm 
Maia
Maia

(I'll wait for Shadowcat to respond, before I do.)

PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 7:56 am 
Maia
Maia

(Bump~)