Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Half-Life: The Resistance
PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 6:12 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Geoff Masterson sat at the desk in his quarters going over his plan once more. The risk involved in his plan was great, but the reward would be greater. Going from City 12, formerly Toronto, him and his team would cross what was left of Lake Ontario and make their way southwest the just outside of City 25, formely Cleveland, Ohio. Geoff had long since stopped trying to make sense of the Combine's numbering system for their cities. Whatever logic they were using he couldn't puzzle out, and in the end, it didn't really matter. If him and his team made it that far, well, he just hoped that what he was looking for still remained.

He closed his notes and stood up. His quarters were small, just enough for a small desk and a cot, but they were more extravegant than what most other people got. When Geoff had joined up with this branch of the Resistance, and saw the scientists and military leaders he was working with, he figured the Combine didn't stand a chance. That was ten years ago. He could understand that the Combine were powerful; they didn't call it the Seven Hour War for nothing. And he could understand biding their time, but after a decade of Combine rule, humanity was no closer to freedom.

That's when Geoff came up with ths plan. He had secrets. He was probably the last man alive that still knew them. And it was high time he used them. But there are degrees of failure. If they should die in secret, then nothing would have been gained or lost, but if the Combine were to learn what he knew, learned of where they were going, then there was a chance that humanity would suffer under Combine reign until the exctinction of the species.

He stepped over to his cot and pulled out his duffel bag. He inspected the contents again. A few changes of clothes, some field rations, a combat knife, a .44 magnum revolver, and a military shotgun. Not the faniciest weapons, but they were in excellent condition and they had all proven reliable in the past. He checked them again and inspected his extra ammo. Nodding in satisfaction, he stuffed everything back into the bag, including his notebook. He grabbed his jacket, shouldered his bag, put on his wide-brimmed hat, and left his room behind.

Stepping out into the hallway of the Resitence base; a mile and a half of partially collapsed and abandoned subway tunnel with a station, modified for their use. Today was going to be the day he and his team would begin to turn this thing around. Today was the beginning of the end. At the end of the hallway, a tall, thin man in a gray suit with a breifcase watched as Geoff Masterson went to locate the rest of his team...

(OOC: Please pay no attention to the man in the suit. He's not going to come into play until way later, and if noticed, only by player characters, if at all. I'll explain his character later. Thanks again)

Post subject: Re: Half-Life: The Resistance
PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 6:35 am 
Istari
Istari

Dax Riffkin woke up suddenly. She had a dream, the same as always - that her partner is killed. She was so attached to this man that she couldn't stand commanders just let him die. "Let they do what the have to" said her captain and it was first step for her to leave the military.

She walked to the sink and washed her face from the sweat. She hated these dreams. They were making her weaker than she wanted to be. And she wanted to bestrong, not for others, just for herself. She knew if she broke, it would be forever...

She looked at her face in the mirror. She had face of a sprite, tanned with perky nose. She like the look of her face usually but today, she quickly stepped back from the mirror and started to put clothes on. She still was wearing her marines uniform, even if she left actual army to join army of the Resistance.

She drank a sip of water and left her quarter to join the scienstists that she was helping day by day, to remove Combine from their world.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 1:35 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

((OOC: Sorry was having a hard time coming up with an opening post.))

Damion spotted a small group of four guards, two standing gaurd at the head of an alley, and two betting on a young girl. She must have been one of the last children born before the combine had set up thier suppression fields, because she could only be around ten, she had to be at least that old, but she barelly looked like that. He was furrious about the fact that they would actually beat a child, of all people, and had seen eough today.

Damion walked up, and one of the gaurds looked at him and said "Halt civilian, turn away now." He balled his fist, and said "Helm" his helmet quickly covered his head, and he charged forward faster then either gaurd had a chance to react to, slaming a fist into each of thier faces. The two gaurds flew back, and collapsed onto the ground unconscious. The other two had stoped thier assault on the child, and where looking at him. His hood, which had been over his head, had fallen off, and his raincoat blew in the wind.

He then rushed forward again, and grabed one of the gaurds and slamed him into a nearby wall, knocking him out instantly. He turned to the last gaurd, who was holding up his Stun Batons in a defensive position, and then the gaurd seemed to change his mind, and let go of the baton, and reached for his USP Match pistol, but right as he got it out of his holster Damion had made it to him, and grabed the gun away, and used it to slam into the gaurds mask. The gaurd droped to the floor, knoecked out cold.

Damion droped the gun on the gaurd, and then said "Helm" after his face was oince again exposed he walked over to the little girl, and bent down to check that she was ok, once he was sure that she hadn't had any major damage inflicted on her, he said "Can you walk?" She looked up, and saw that the gaurds where unconscious, and got up and wraped her arms around his neck. He rubbed her head, and calmed her down.

Once she was calm, she looked at him, sniffed, and said "Yes, I can walk." He smilled, and asked "Where are your parents?" she looked really sad again, and said "They where both to to death by the CPs a few years back. I've been living by myself since then. I usually only com out at night, but I needed food. Can you help me, please?" Damion nodded his head at her, and said "Yes, I will help you. My name is Damion Shephard, and I work with the resistance. Come with me, and we'll go to my groups hideout, and from there we can find a safe place for you to stay, and someone take care of you."

She smilled really big, and said "Thank you, oh thank you." He then stood up and pulled his hood over his head, and reached his hand out to her. Sho stood up and took his hand. Then they headed for the headquartes. After walking for a little while they finally reached the lab, and entered it. He sat the girl at a table and brought her some food, and then said "By the way, what is your name?" she looked at him with food in her mouth, and swalloed saying "It's Rebecca Lynn Michelle." He smiled at the girl, and let her finish eating while he leaned against the wall watching the entry for everyone else to arrive.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 6:41 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Geoff walked into the lab area that had been set up in the headquarters. This was where the scientists preformed their experiments and such. Geoff usually only came in when they needed tech support. He noticed Dax Riffkin helping a few of the scientists working on a few captured Combine pulse rifles. He gave her a slight nod. She one of the few that he had enlisted to help him in his project. He was going to talk to her when one of the scientists said "Geoff! Good to see you. We've been looking for you, the teleporter has broken down again."

Sighing, Geoff looked to the doctor, Bennet, he thought his name was, and said "Alright, let me take a look at it." He walked into another room where they kept a miniaturized teleporter, trying to succeed where the experiments at Black Mesa failed. Geoff went to the devices power box, popped off the cover and looked inside with his flashlight. It didn't take him long to find the problem. With a groan, he looked to Dr. Bennet and asked "You ran this above 90%, didn't you?"

"Well, perhaps..."

"I told you this equipment can't take that! It's a drain on what precious power we can tap from the city lines and it completely fries the electronics if you run it at 90% spec or above."

"I know, but that's the only way to recreate the experiment and prefect the process."

Geoff nodded. They were still on that. Hoping to succeed where the Black Mesa experiment failed spectacularly. "Look, I'll get Simmons on this, I have to be leaving."

Dr. Bennet seemed to just notice Geoff's bag. "Oh dear, where are you going?"

"To resore humanity, Doctor." He said patting the doctor on the shoulder. As he walked out, he saw Damion Shephard standing next to the exit with a little girl, a rare sight these days, and set her on a table. Another rescue. Shephard was another member of his little group. He wore a suit he had stolen from the Combine, made of experimental tech even for them. His help would be invaluable. He walked over, signaling Dax over too, and said "Damion, Dax, we're going. I'm going ahead to the docks to make sure the boat's still secure. You need to make sure you have everything. How was Civil Protection looking out there?" This last part he directed to Damion.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 8:09 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Damion looked ar Geoff, and said "CPs pretty light today. Only saw two beatings, except for the guys who were on the little one there." He indicated Rebecca, and then continued "I took 'em down, but I made sure that they weren't out. Didn't want reinforcements called in, and a search started that would make us delay our trip, or possibly compromise headquarters. It seems like most of them are staying around the train station, or are back at base for some reason. I here something bigs about to go down, but that also means that most of the roads are clear. We should be able to get out of here without anyone being the wisser."

He glanced at the girl again, and said "Geoff, we got to find a place for her before we leave though. Her parents were killed a few years back. Kids been scrounging off the streets. We got to make sure that she stays safe. You know how rare kids are these days. If she's not set up, and I go on this mission. I won't be able to focus clearly. I'll be thinking about her safety, will could jeopardize ours in the end. Her name is Rebecca Lynn Michelle. Do you know of any contacts who could take her. All of mine are either already in transport, or stuck in a lockdown, and couldn't get to it anytime soon. No matter how many favors I called in."

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 2:52 am 
Istari
Istari

Dax was doing her job with a passion. She loved weapons and these Combine rifles were like new world for her. She loved to examinate their use and everything connected with it. She felt useful as well. When she was in marines, she was only private, here she could use her weapon knowledge for the better.

She moved her head at two men talking. She saw a girl, she was scared and lost, Dax could tell that from the beginning. She winked to the girl but she didn't react as she expected. That girl made her think about lost years in military. She could have a girl of her own is she didn't move that way. But she supposed that she would be terrible mother, the only thing she knew was how to use various guns and how to outwit enemy. That weren't things that she could share with a kid.

She went back to her work.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 6:06 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Geoff looked at the girl and back to Damion. As he laid his bag next to the table, he said "I'll see if I can get someone to look after her, but we need to hurry. I know I haven't been too forthcoming about where we're going, but it's because of plausible deniability. The less people know about something, the less people can let something slip." He looked to the girl "Hey, Rebecca? You want to see something cool?" When she nodded, he pointed to Dr. Bennet. "That man over there can teleport stuff. Now if you go over and ask reeeaaallll nice, he would show you how." The girl's face lit up and she ran over to the doctor. "That'll teach him to run the equipment over spec." Geoff mutterted.

He looked back to Damion. "Look, I'll take care of the girl, but we need to get a move on." He glanced at Dax, back to working with the scientists. "See if you can pull her from her work. We're going to need her for what we're doing." He nodded and went off to get help for the little girl.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 11:52 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

While Damion had been listening to Geoff, he had also been looking at Dax, and saw the way that she had been looking at Rebecca. He nodded at Geoff when he said to pull Dax from her work, and started to head over to her. He pulled his coat off, and folded it up, then he put it behind him, and a slot in his armor opened up, and pulled the coat in. He noticed that Dax had went back to her work, and wasn't paying attention to anything going on around her again.

So he walked up behind her quietly, and reached his hand forward and lightly ran his finger up her spin. He then moved to the side of her, and said "Hello gorgeous, I know that you enjoy your work, but your also an ex soldier. You know not to let your gaurd down. Geoff says we need to make sure that we're ready to head out soon. So you need to make sure you have everything. Unless you've decided that you like Combine control." He said the last part jokingly.

He started to turn around to walk away, but then he turned back, and said "Also, one day you'll be able to have a child of your own. We'll take care of the Combine, and the first thing we'll get rid of is those suppression fields, and don't worry, if you put half as much care into a child as you do your work. Then your kid will be the luckiest one around. One last thing, you haven't smilled since I've seen you so I need to fix that to." He then leaned in quickly and blew a thin line of air behind her ear, and down to her neck. He then leaned back, and smiled to himslef thinking 'Well Geoff did say to pull her from her work, and this should do the trick.'

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 8:15 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Geoff got on one of the short-wave radios they had at the base. If he was going to get this show on the road, he had to set that little girl up in a place safer than City 12. Somehwere in the country somewhere. Perhaps in the base he had set up in Rockies. Yeah, that would work. After an hour and a half of coordination, he had the girl set up to be on her way.

Walking back to the main lab, he smiled at Dr. Bennet, who was still busy with the little girl. Bennet shot him an angry look for Geoff having saddled him with the girl. Geoff just shrugged and went to find Damion and Dax. In the hour and a half it had been, he had lost track of them, and he was itching to get a move on.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 7:26 am 
Istari
Istari

Dax shrugged and the words about her own child. Yes, that was what she wanted but she really doubted that she would be a good mother. She almost was sure that she would be bad. She was killing in her past and will be killing in he future. But she smiled lightly and almost bold to Damion. She also made a move to make her far from the man, because he was invadibg her personal bubble she closed in when she lost her partner. Too much wounds to allow jokes like that. BUt she laughed lightly when he did that.

"I will be raedy soon. I usually don't waist my time on Combine technology...too much."

She allowed the man to vanish from her sight and left her place of work. She had to take off this marine uniform. She just thought it would be right.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 11:40 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Damion walked away from Dax, and went to find Geoff again. He thought back to what had happened with Dax. He was trying to get her to come out of her shell, and had been doing so for as long as he knew her, but he had redoubled his efforts when he learned that she would be going with him, and Groff, on the mission. He understood why she had closed in on herself after what had happened, but working with others meant hat you had to let them in, or else it could cause problems, and it had been ten years since the incident. He figured that she had probably had her dream again, and thats why she seemed to be having one of her bad days, but that really didn't change the fact that she needed to face her demons.

Damion went into the main lab, and spotted Geoff. He then walked up to him, and said "Hey Geoff, is everything set up with Rebecca. and I pulled Dax from her work. She should be along soon enough, but there is a little problem. I think she had that dream of hers again, and regardless of her talks with the psych, and everyones attempts to help pull her out of that shell that she has set up around herself, she seems to be getting even worse then she was when she first joined up with us. I know that I've asked you this already, more than once, and I know that she has some useful skills, but are you really sure that we should be taking her on this mision with us, especially with her in this currant state of mind?"

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 6:02 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"She'll be fine, Damion." Geoff said. "Both Rebecca and Dax. I've made arrangements for her to go to my personal hideaway in the Rockies where we usually send the other kids. As for Dax, her state of mind is as good as any other soldiers' around here. Sure, the place we're going will test her, but it'll test all of us. And it'll pay off in the end. Trust me Damion, I know what I'm doing."

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 9:11 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Damion nodded at Geoff, and said "Good, I'm glad you were able to get her se up there. At least that way she can have some other children to be around. As for Dax I'll trust you on this, I've trusted you on everything else so far, but be warned that if something goes wrong, because she snaps out there, or anything else. Than it'll be on your head, not mine. I'm ready to go once she is, and I'll be waiting by the exit." He said the last part as he walked off. He went over to Rebecca, and told her where she would be going, and she gave him a hug in grattitude,which he returned, and then told her that he had somewhere he had to go, so they told each other bye, and he headed for the exit. Once he reached the exit he leaned against the wall, and waited for the others to arrive so that they could get this started.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 7:23 am 
Istari
Istari

Dax put normal military clothes on herself; a khaki tank and loose trousers put in heavy boots. She felt comfortable in this, much more than in her marines, well worn-off clothes. She felt built up and taking her weapons, she moved to the exit, when she was supposed to meet the other members of the mission.

When she was walking through one of the corridors, two soldier walked by and turned with a laugh to her when she missed them.

"Dax, still with this flamethrower? You better use a man to warm you up!" said of of the man.

"I don't see any men around so my flamethrower will be just fine!" she laughed and pattet her favourite weapon. "Go, get yourself other girls, boys, I am taken by my knife and by my weapons."

THe soldier also burst out laughing, again and went further. Dax was amused, soldier woking in the Resistance always mocked on her, trying her and her nerves. She was finding it...cute.

She saw Damion near the exit. She winked to him as her previous guarding behaviour was long history.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 6:37 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Geoff grabbed his bag near the exit and slung it over his shoulder. He looked at his two companions. "I was really hoping more people would be willing to join us, but it looks to be you two are the only ones crazy enough to follow me on this, and believe me, I am grateful to both of you." He gave them both a meaningful look. "Now lets go, we have a boat to catch." with that, he led his team out into the bleak city.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 9:34 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Damion saw Dax wink at him, and smilled at her then winked back. He was happy to see that she had gotten back into her better spirits, but he couldn't help thinking that he was surprised that she didn't have whiplash with as often as her moods changed. He then saw Geoff walk up and nodded at him. After Geoff led them out he said "We'll be fine. You get better stealth by having fewer people anyhow, yes, numbers help, but from what you've told us we aren't planing on any full on battles taking place, so a small group would be best. Besides, between me with my suit, and Dax, and that fiery temper of hers, not to mention that flamethrower, I think we have more than enough force on our side. Don't you two think?" he asked the last indecating both of them.