Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: REVIVAL 2012
PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 11:31 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

OK, I think we really need to decide here if we are going to carry on with this revival.

I don't mind being the only one updating the galleries and stuff. I know Nurr is not always available and life gets in her way. I'm lucky that I have more time to spend.

But there's so much that no-one has even put their hands up and at least said "when I have the time... I will do that". And there is so much that we could do, if someone would at least have the inclination to attempt at some point.... I don't know about everyone else, but it would make me feel better with the knowledge, that hey, will we do this but just not yet.

Cara how are you finding writing the news? Do you need me to step in more or are you OK?

So yeah. I think basically what I'm getting at is, should I be really feeling guilty that some days I don't achieve what I set out to do with the galleries, or should I not be concerned anymore, as this isn't working anyway?

Sorry I sound ratty, I've had a bad day.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 11:38 am 
Istari
Istari

I only wait for new The Hobbit news to post, I think I will be ok with writing them. I had lately very hectic real life issues but now everything is alright.

BY the way, if you need help with galleries and stuff, I can always help. I don't have a job and uni is now over so I have much free time in the hands so...yeah. I can also write things but you would have to check them for spelling as I am a Pole.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 3:38 pm 

Good point, JF.
I do believe you are the only one who is actively working on the Revival at the moment. Personally, I feel confident having you on the job and I appreciate everything you do. However, I can see how it may feel like a lonely job.

I don't think we should rely on anyone who committed themselves in the other threads.. time passed and the world changed.
What we can do though is to lock the old threads and start new ones, starting with just a general interest thread, to see if there is enough dedicated people with time on their hands. Then we may identify what needs to be done. How does that sound?

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 7:25 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

@ Cara - well you let me know if you need any help with the news or anything. I've been a bit busy myself lately, so I haven't been reading or looking for any news. :-) I should be OK with the galleries, I think I've beaten it down now, but there might be something you'd like to help with when we sort out what needs doing. Again. :P

^ That would be a good idea. Personally, I can really only think of literally a handful of things that really need doing, and it's just a little frustrating because if we could do these things, and find someone willing to keep on top of them, we'd be laughing moving into The Hobbit.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 8:28 pm 

I'd possibly be able to lend a hand, with my limited tech skills. I'm finished with school in a week and should have a decent amount of free time.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2012, 10:13 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I will be more than willing to do something come mid-May when college is finished. My tech skills are kinda... weak, in comparison to y'all, though.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2012, 7:15 pm 

I'm basically done with school, so I'm able to get back on things again. I've still got a list of smallish things to be done, so I'll be doing that periodically through the week.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 28th, 2012, 9:12 pm 
Elf
Elf

I can finish up the Elvish page if you want me to continue that. I'm free for anything, just not when my school finals come up. And I want to say those aren't until June so don't worry but I don't want to jinx myself

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 7th, 2012, 12:48 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Just dropping by to cheer you guys on with the revival. :-D Unfortunately I'm swamped with life and work, so I'd be lying if I said I could commit to helping out (I made that mistake before). I'm more of a lurker nowadays, but I do try to keep up with the site. I really want to emphasize that I appreciate all your efforts. As a nostalgic oldie, this site means a lot to me, so it warms my heart to see your revival work. :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 10th, 2012, 3:07 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

I guess as Ea said, we need to start a new thread so people can make it known what time they have available and what they feel they can do.

I know I have mentioned a few things that I think need doing, but there may be other things that others think we should have as well.

As for the Hobbit gallery, I have all the images I believe we need of what is out there on the internet, and I'll be uploading them onto the site on Saturday. Then I have a few more cast pages to add, and then I think I will take myself off to the LOTR cast page and update those.

I did PM Euraina a while ago now about her fanart pages, but I have not heard anything from her as to whether she would like to be the one to keep on top of them. If she doesn't, then I'll probably devote my time to that if that is what she wishes to happen.

I don't know if anyone can try and get in touch with Larael again, I really need to know if she still has the cast bios, because if we don't get them sometime soon, someone else will have to write them.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 4:59 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Sorry for my inactivity, I originally was involved with getting the new email set up... the contact@arwen-undomiel.com email, and I kept checking back on the site every so often, but then I realized I was logged out. Anyway, we've only gotten a total of eight emails on the account, but if there had been anything of importance, I would have brought it to someone's attention. Is there anything I can do to get more involved, do you need me anywhere else? And should we try to get the email address up and running better, because it's been working, just no one's sending email to it. Anyway, I would be glad to help in any way that I can. Thanks.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 6:02 pm 

Good thing I jumped back on here when I did!

JF, you may as well hand the cast bios off to someone else, otherwise they're never going to get done. I'm going to be gone for the next 7 weeks [I sent you an email], but this summer I do want to get involved with the revival again. I suppose there's nothing I can do right now, but I hope this is still running when I get back. Also, it seems that if someone would like to write news stories in my stead then they may do that as well.

This is not a departure from the forum. I just know I have to look realistically at what I can and cannot do nowadays, and right now I'm going to focus on the revival and moderating duties. Otherwise, everything else on the forum is second.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2012, 8:18 am 
Istari
Istari

Unfortunately I can't write news right now. My real life sucks juices from me like crazy. I don't even have time for making graphics...

I am so sorry.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 5:52 am 

I can take over the news. Could someone send me the info?

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 2:43 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Doing it right now. Thanks for volunteering Taur. :-)

EDIT: Actually I think Arweb will need to add you as an editor. Are you signed up for cutenews? Because you'll need to be before she can add you. Can you messager her on FB Taur?

Sorry guys that the gallery hasn't had anything new added recently, life has been busy the past few weeks. But I'm actually adding stuff as we speak and I'm determined to not get waylaid by anything this weekend. :P

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 3:38 pm 

I'm going through the books and adding all of the poems and songs to the website. The first section is up. So if someone would like, you can add it to site news.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next