Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Contact
PostPosted: November 17th, 2012, 9:18 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I honestly cannot remember what was going on with this, something about the old address wasn't good enough or whatever, but there were still emails to be read??

It got really confusing from what I remember, members who were on the contact team disappeared and communications broke down or we couldn't get into the old account, the server crashed. Etc etc.

Is there any reason why we can't simply have an easy email account such as hotmail etc, in which to receive questions, emails and affiliation requests? As long as we only use it for AU, and it's not being used for personal things, does it matter if it's simply hotmail or gmail?

I was just looking at the affiliation page, and I like it would be good to have affiliates again. Now I'd be happy giving up my email account for that - but it won't look professional and AU deserves better than my sad (although LotR themed) email address. :P

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Contact
PostPosted: November 17th, 2012, 9:19 pm 
Elf
Elf

I know I haven't been a constant member of AU, but if I can have a mod team up with me to help me answer questions I can't figure out on my own I wouldn't mind doing it. I'm not doing much else besides working right now.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 17th, 2012, 10:09 pm 

We have one? Contact[at]arwen-undomiel.com. I believe Ea was helping with communications, am I wrong?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 17th, 2012, 10:45 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I and Ea, Larael also Himlond were on the contact team, but I know there were problems with the account, and password problems etc. I'm sure a new account was created, and if the old one was working OK, I don't know why that happened.

I have no idea who has the password, and last I spoke to Himlond, neither of us knew how to access the account.

Maybe Ea can remember the circumstances, but I think something has to be done about communicating with AU. It's such a simple task really, maybe last time there were too many people involved, but it was a time when we had to ask everyone about everything we did.

And yes, I really did just post that A-U is accepting affiliates. More work yes, but there are a lot smaller sites than AU that have survived the lean years and are still a part of the online community, and I thought it won't hurt to try and get AU to be a part of it all again like it once was. It was nice visiting old friends and seeing them doing well.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 18th, 2012, 2:42 pm 

Umm... yeah, like the organised Nurr said we've got a contact email.. we also still have the old arwen @ arwen-undomiel.com mail if you need that. PM me for password(s) and other info.

I'm checking the moderator email once in a while, mostly to clear it for spam and for replying to people asking if we can translate something into Elvish for them. I would appreciate if those inquiries went to the contact email and we had someone to answer them. :)

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

PostPosted: November 18th, 2012, 3:10 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

OK, I will PM you then Ea for those details and see if we can sort something out. If the old account is now longer needed, as the new one is easy to use and more importantly, works, then we should really looked at using the new account and allowing easy access to AU.

You can see why I was confused though. :P So many things happened last year regarding the revival. XD

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 18th, 2012, 5:22 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Thanks a lot Ea for the info.

I have a question - has anyone accessed the account recently, looked at or replied to emails? I can't believe some of the emails we have been getting from professional sources who are obviously trying to spead news of the Hobbit to credible LotR sites, and I'm just wondering if we have been ignoring these people.

Yep, just sent a message to myself :P so these are definitely read messages, but as to if they have ever been replied to... I'm not sure.

I can't log into the old account without my computer thinking it's trying to be infected, so I'm not going to worry about that. I will definitely do my best to keep on top of any emails that come in, and perhaps if Nurr or someone else would be willing sometimes to maybe help me with some responses (in case there's ever something I'm not quite sure how to handle) then that would be really good.

As it is, I see no reason why AU can't be easily contacted and with a quick response. :-)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 18th, 2012, 6:28 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'll help with answering emails if needed :) I might not be able to answer all the questions people have, but I'm sure I'll be able to point people in the direction of someone who can :P

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 19th, 2012, 1:03 pm 

Sure, if you need help with things just call and I'll see what I can do to help. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 19th, 2012, 1:48 pm 

JF: I believe most of the emails on our A-U accounts are spam. Of course, some are harder to judge than others but it would be great if you and Ana and whoever else could look through them and keep an eye on the inbox.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 6:02 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Is anything happening with this? JF? Did you need help? I have an exam next Tuesday, so I won't be able to do anything before that, but after that I'll be more helpful. If needed...

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 8:55 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Sorry I meant to reply with this but I forgot.

I'm happy with other people having the contact details and such things - if they would like to be a part of answering emails etc. But I was merely asking who I could rely on if we get an email that I'm not sure how to deal with. :-) But if anyone is willing to help me actually manage the emails, that would be appreciated.

My main problem is that it doesn't seem to be letting me send emails. I'm trying to reply to an affilliate request and it says there is a validation error for our address, even though I am logged in and able to access the emails. :blink:

I'm going to send an email to my own email account and see if it is actually sending mail but telling me otherwise.

What a pain in the buttocks. :angry:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 8:54 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm willing to help either way, just let me know what you would prefer :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 11:44 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

I will definitely send you the details but at the moment it seems a bit pointless as we cannot reply to any email or even send an email.

I have just googled the phrase I'm getting - there was an error. Validation failed for *insert our email address* - and my head is swimming. I don't know what kind of system Horde email is, but it seems a lot of buisness are using it, and lots of techno wizards as well, judging by the reponses and questions I am reading.

I have tried a few suggestions that I've read, but when people say you need to change %*($@h42718%^, they may as well be speaking Japanese. I don't think there is anything I can do with this. :-(

But until something works out, I can at least read emails and if I have to, I can respond with my own email address for now. The most important thing is that people can contact us if they need to. :-)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 26th, 2012, 12:32 pm 

Did you ask Arweb? She might be able to help out or contact tech support.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2012, 1:06 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

No but I probably should do. I'll try and contact her thought tumblr as that's the only why I think I can get in contact with herm myself. :-)

Profile       WWW