Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion - The Elvish Section
PostPosted: January 19th, 2013, 10:01 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Honestly, I haven't gotten started yet, because this discussion is making me want to stay as far away from the Elvish section and anything related to it as possible. But I will try to get a few examples of what I think would work best ready for you as soon as I can. You're all going to have to be quite patient though, because I also have a lot more to do in school than I anticipated. And I'm expected to have some resemblance of a social life...

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 19th, 2013, 10:35 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Just got back from a funeral. It's been a really rough few weeks.

Anyone have anything useful to say about the pronunciation guide problem? Why thank-you for your input Nurr! That's just the kind of thing that is really helpful for Ana and I.

Hey everyone! See what Nurr did here? It is awesome and helpful.

You can find what she was responding to here. Help make our elvish section awesome!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 19th, 2013, 10:47 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Not to be rude, but there is no "Ana and I". I'm honestly not sure how you're able to constantly disregard the fact that you're the reason this is even still a discussion. You're the reason I'm so reluctant to get started on this, so please refrain from making it seem like you and I are a team. You've done your part of revamping the Elvish section, now I will do mine, and if I need help or input, I'll be happy to accept it from the people who are respecful the community and the democracy that is this site. You have made some suggestions which I will take into consideration when deciding how to do this, but we are not a team. That is all. I will now go back to letting other people deal with you, cause I do not have the patience.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 19th, 2013, 11:27 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Well, no matter how toxic you want this to be, I'm still willing to work with you.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 21st, 2013, 4:00 pm 

To all those who are involved with the reforms of the Elvish section:

We have watched this thread for the past few months and although there might not have been any visible action from our side over the last weeks, we have also realised that the current situation has become untenable. The main developments in this thread have been repetitive discussions, which frustrated members and drove some away, which is obviously not what we want to happen in a community like AU.
Despite our previous attempts to settle this, the situation has not improved, so more drastic measures needed to be taken.
Therefore, we have decided that Dreamingfifi's work is at an end here at AU. We recognize her talents for the Elvish languages and thank her for her past work, but it seems that her objectives and that of AU are irreconcilable and therefore is our collaboration at an end.

On a final note, the Moderator Team is aware that things haven't been handled as smoothly and consistantly as we could have wished for. A-U has changed to a more member-driven community and in respecting that we might have taken on a more passive role than what has actually been expected and needed. We are a bit understaffed at the moment, but we are working on that problem as well.

The Moderator Team

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14