Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:41 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2006, 11:51 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

lol - it's cause i'm such a huge fan - i buy films i've never seen just cause he's in them lol

Rach ...x

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2006, 4:04 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

what if they aren't good? or does he make up for it cz he's in it? :-D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2006, 2:24 pm 

Maya wrote:
what if they aren't good? or does he make up for it cz he's in it? :-D

Of course! lol. I feel the same way about Harrison Ford movies :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2006, 8:02 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I have seen him in:

LOTR (Obviously) - He was brilliant as Boromir

Troy - can't remember much about it but he was good

Black Beauty - saw it last night, I think he said a dozen words so not much of a performance

National Treasure - who cares if he was the bad guy?!

I like Sean Bean. He's a very good actor. Oh, he also voices Morrisons adverts. :-)

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2008, 8:35 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

i've seen him in The Island, LotR, and National Treasure... and i love all of them!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2009, 9:19 am 
Balrog
Balrog

*Tamuril* wrote:
lol - it's cause i'm such a huge fan - i buy films i've never seen just cause he's in them lol

:lol: I do the same. That's how I have a large collection of his movies. I have yet to be disappointed with Sean's work. He is amazing in every role he's done.

I have seen Sean in:
1. Lord of the Rings - Boromir (obviously, lol. One of my favorite actors plays my favorite character, it makes it even more sad when Boromir dies. :( I have both Theatrical and EE of all three LOTR movies. ;))
2. Sharpe - Richard Sharpe (TV movie series. It's so good!!! I'm so glad I bought the Sharpe collector's box set on my last trip to England. The only Sharpe I haven't seen/own is the newest one "Sharpe's Peril.")
3. Flightplan - Captain Rich (I found it funny that Sean admitted to being afraid of flying and then goes on to play a flight captain. :laugh: That's one way of mastering your fear Sean. Good Job.)
4. The Hitcher - John Ryder (It was a bit of a different role for him but... wow, he was wonderful.)
5. North Country - Kyle (I liked his character in this movie, he was very supportive.)
6. Silent Hill - Christopher Da Silva (They deviated from the game quite a bit... ok, a lot but it was still pretty good. I felt bad for his character though. He never did find out what happened.)
7. The Island - Dr. Merrick (Wonderful performance.)
8. National Treasure - Ian Howe (I personally enjoyed the movie though most people don't like it.)
9. Troy - Odysseus (I love mythology and old tales like the Illiad. Although the movie was completely different from the book/tale. It was still good. Sean's portrayal of Odysseus was one of the best in my opinion.)
10. Don't Say a Word - Patrick Koster (Whatever you do don't make him mad. :lol: He was excellent.)
11. Essex Boys - Jason Locke (:blink: Wow... That's all I have to say. Just wow. *uneasy laugh*)
12. Ronin - Spence (Was not that fond of the move but Sean was good.)
13. GoldenEye - Alec Trevelyan (Ah! the first time I ever saw him was in this movie. I always love the Bond villains, Alec was no exception. I love that character.)
14. Black Beauty - Farmer Grey (It brought a smile to my face. Adorable movie.)
15. Patriot Games - Sean Miller (Awesome yet terrifying baddie. Excellent performance.)

I think that's all I've seen... for now. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2010, 10:51 pm 

He also played a supporting character in Silent Hill, a horror film based on the popular equally horrific video games.

And I loved him in it.

Like, I'm not big on horror in general, but he was _so_ heartwarming.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2010, 10:12 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

More Movies/Shows to add to my already huge list: :lol:
(continuing from the last number I left off on)
16. Sharpe's Peril - Richard Sharpe (I much prefer the Nepoleonetic Wars episodes of the show but it was still good in it's own way. He still has Sharpe down. ;))
17. Outlaw - Danny Bryant (Sean didn't lose his mind at all. :no: There was good intentions masked behind his madnes though.)
18. When Saturday Comes - Jimmy Muir (Certainly an interesting sports based movie. I almost cried when he was crying near the train tracks and with what he almost did made me sad too... :( His team beat my team for the FA Cup in the film. *sticks out tounge when he isn't looking* He was the one who made the winning goal in the film too. Sheff Utd beating Man Utd? :blink: What? :lol:)
19. Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief - Zeus (I am going to say flat out, when it comes to mythological roles I much prefer Sean for Odysseus. It was probably the way the his lines were written but it just seemed Zeus was lacking something. He was pretty good though... as I have said before, don't make Sean angry. It's scary. :hide: )
20. Far North - Loki (Sean was awesome. there are only two word to describe this movie though. Sad & really creepy. Ok, that was technically four words but it was seriously creepy for the last 5 - 10 minutes. This time Sean isn't the creepy one, it was Michelle Yeoh. It was a great movie though.)

Last edited by Rinoa Amarth on April 11th, 2010, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2010, 5:10 pm 

National Treasure! I liked the movie.. t'was good entertainment. I just knew Sean Bean would be the baddie as soon as I saw him. Why is it that he always look ... well, like he does? In the modern day movies? Like especially The Island but also Goldeneye... He is so scary... so believeably evil. :P
It's his eyes.. he has this calm hatred in his eyes.. that's what makes him so delightfully mean.

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2010, 10:40 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^ :yes: His eyes hold all the emotion and truth you will ever need to see. Anytime his characters have a change of thought you see it in his eyes first. It's beautiful. I think thanks to all his baddie roles that there is always that slight hint of bad boy in his gaze even off set. ;) I personally loved National Treasure as well. Sean was wonderful but the storyline captured my interest too. How many secrets could be hidden before our eyes that are tied in with the US's history? It's a fascinating concept.

Once again I have another movie/role to add to my list of Sean Roles I have seen.
21. Ca$h - Pyke Kubic & Reeve Kubic (Mmmmmm... Sean playing twins. :drool: *insert bad thoughts* Anyway, his performance was wonderful as usual and I just enjoyed this movie over all [minus Victoria Profeta's character for the most part]. It was GREAT!)

EDIT:
Ok technically.... It's not a movie but he was in it.
22. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Emperor Martin Septim (Made the game more enjoyable to hear his voice. :happy: Even though he asks/sends you to do nearly impossible tasks. :lol: Be glad I love you and would be more than willing to do these things for you, sir. :duh: Sean even dies in video games. *sigh* Well, there is some debate about that but... once you turn into a giant dragon/god and then turn into stone after the big battle, in my opinion, your dead. I have this game for the PC, and I found a mod that made Martin look more like Sean..... I installed it. :P)

Post subject: Re: Sean Bean's Movies
PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 8:24 am 

^I noticed a post here from April 12 and thought you had come back... but alas, your last post was a year ago...
I have been a little low on my share of Sean Bean lately... has the guy retired or something and the tv-stations quitted showing his movies?! :teehee:

PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 9:02 am 
Maia
Maia

Eä wrote:
^I noticed a post here from April 12 and thought you had come back... but alas, your last post was a year ago...
I have been a little low on my share of Sean Bean lately... has the guy retired or something and the tv-stations quitted showing his movies?! :teehee:

He's actually in a new series that looks really good. called Game of Thrones, Heres the trailer for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixEWrTLiZg

it looks pretty good

PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 10:51 am 

This looks epicly fantastic! And it's HBO, praise the gods! I wonder when they'll start showing it here. Can't wait for winter to come! :)

Yay, our dearly beloved Sean Bean looks like he has a leading role.. so I assume they made him a 'good' guy this time.. although, given the plot description it sounds like a complex storyline.. and well, in the game of thrones I guess everyone has to play dirty once in a while. :P

EDIT: Well.. so apparently I had nothing better to do (who wants to study anyway. ;)) so I watched the 25 mins The Making of GoT.
Go here for quality procrastination:

PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 1:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eä wrote:
This looks epicly fantastic! And it's HBO, praise the gods! I wonder when they'll start showing it here. Can't wait for winter to come! :)

Yay, our dearly beloved Sean Bean looks like he has a leading role.. so I assume they made him a 'good' guy this time.. although, given the plot description it sounds like a complex storyline.. and well, in the game of thrones I guess everyone has to play dirty once in a while. :P

EDIT: Well.. so apparently I had nothing better to do (who wants to study anyway. ;)) so I watched the 25 mins The Making of GoT.
Go here for quality procrastination:

:lol: thats pure quality procrastination right there. it looks so good. Ive been waiting for a sort of middle ages style show since the Tudors ended which was an amazing show.It does look like Sean has a starting role so its something to look forward to. Maybe when it starts airing ther'll be a topic about it here. It certainly looks exciting.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 3:25 pm 

I liked The Tudors as well, but then again any costume drama with a fair amount of British spoken will make my heart content any day. I'm that easy.. :teehee: but I did also enjoy how they managed to go behind such a well-known historic character and still find an interesting take on it.

After having watched the Making of GoT I'm very excited too. It sounds like they really did put a lot of effort into creating a believable world and setting and I loved how they emphasised that the series would be 'character driven'. I want complex characters!! :P

And I'm sure there will be a thread on it on the Movie board... and I know I'll probably not be the one to start it because we haven't gotten the show here yet and we're usually 3-6 months behind, like if the tv-stations what to see whether it catches on in the US/UK before they purchase it. *theatrical sigh*

PostPosted: May 4th, 2013, 4:21 am 
Vala
Vala

Yeah if his characters could just stop dying I'd be happy ok.
I think in the trivia of Silent Hill 2 or something it actually says "this is one of the few movies in which Sean Bean does not die". Wowza.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.