Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Revival 2013: The Info
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 7:46 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Eruant wrote:
So, I know you guys are pretty much sorted out, but I just wanted to let you know that I could help with the fan section if you needed it.

Hi there! Thanks for your offer of help. :-) At the moment we're not entirely sure what we are going to do with the fan section, so probably there are other areas where you could help if you were interested in volunteering with the revival that are actually in the process of being updated.

Just wanted to check in and see how you guys have been doing in recent weeks.

I for one, have been very busy recently and have no time for the revival, so I can understand if anyone else has been having trouble contributing. ;)

How has it been going collecting movie news Moist and Bellatrix?

And are there any particular character bios that are causing people headaches, as I know some characters have little or no information about them?

I have seen the new poll (and votes :P) and it's good that we are getting responses.

Ana I have checked that email and I will be adding the image to the gallery asap. It's a great one for the collection. :-)

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2013, 3:07 am 
Vala
Vala

I have motorkitty from the forum here for a visit, so I genuinely haven't had the time to write any of the bios. But I've kept an eye out for news that'd fit on the site and I've checked the email account daily.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2013, 2:49 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I've got my final exam tomorrow and I've also moved cities in the last couple of days, but soon I'll have nothing to do except unpack all my stuff (which is boring), so I might be around a bit more in the near future. If anyone wants the bios they've written proofread, I can do that then :)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 13th, 2013, 11:47 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

That's great Ana, I might need someone to check links are working sometime in the future, if you'd be up for that boring job. :P

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have in the future, a gallery section for the Hobbit that has artwork that has been produced over the years for various re-releases etc? I'm just trying to think of stuff we can do that will bulk up the section a little bit.

Also I really think we need a trailer page. I've been doing some research about linking youtube videos to your site, and I *think* as long as we use official pages that have embed code enabled, we should be OK adding any trailers or TV spots, but I've contacted Arweb to see what she thinks before I do it. I know lots of sites link to youtube and also have videos on their sites, but I want to make sure anyway.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 6:46 am 
Balrog
Balrog

@JF: No problem, just let me know when and what you need me to check :) Also I think the trailer page is a really good idea (I meant to tell you on tumblr but then I forgot :P )!

Looking at the poll, even though there aren't that many people who have answered it yet, I think it's fair to say that we know what the people wants! So we need to figure out how we're going to update the humor section. Does anyone have any ideas?

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 7:14 am 
Vala
Vala

I have a lot of ideas for the humor section, but I'll have to return to talk about it once I've woken up a bit more and I can see the screen properly. xD

When it comes to a trailers section I think it's a very good idea!

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 10:45 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

I look forward to hearing your ideas Bellatrix.

I've done some more research, and I think I'm 100% happy linking videos from youtube to AU as long as I search for official clips from official channels. Warner Bros has many youtube channels for many countries, so we are pretty much spoilt for choice. I'm seeing things I've never seen before, because every country has a slightly different TV spot.

Also Warner Bros have also uploaded little snippets from premieres and things like that, as well as full length movie clips, so I think this trailer or maybe now called video section, could be an amazing collection for visitors.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 11:23 am 
Vala
Vala

My ideas are probably terrible though, so don't get all excited. xD

First of all, are we talking just a clear-cut humor section or more of a fun section? With games and whatnot too, or should it just be for "ahahaha laughing" kind of things?

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 6:49 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Well atm I think it's the humor bit of the fun section that needs to be fixed. The rest of it needs to be updated a bit (for instance the jigsaw puzzles are there, but the links don't work), but I think we can deal with that later.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 6:52 pm 
Vala
Vala

What about comics or parodies?

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 7:02 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Well if you look at the humor section there's both a humorous images and a written humor section, so comics and parodies could definitely have a part in it. If the comics are long I think we should probably consider making a separate section for them, as it's debatable whether they should be considered text or image, but little ones could be added to the images, definitely :)

I personally think a group of people should go through the section and look at everything, commenting on whether they find it funny or not, and then compare notes to see what should be kept and what should go. These people should be different ages as well, as I realize someone my age and someone who is 14 has different opinions on what is funny.
Then when the section has been cleaned up we can add new stuff.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 7:10 pm 
Vala
Vala

I agree with that suggestion. Before we start pondering what should go in we should see what could be removed or polished up.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 10:53 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

The whole fun section needs fixing to be honest.

I can't get the jigsaws or the crosswords to work, so if I can discover how Arweb first created those and see if we can fix them. If not, I'm sure there are other programmes and codes out there that allow people to create interactive crosswords/jigsaws for their sites, and it might be nice if we had some new ones. And perhaps some new games, we'll see. It would be a great idea if for the crosswords especially, AU'ers got involved and made their own. It's always nice if we can involve people who are not specifically involved with the revival.

If we can get the crosswords and other fun puzzles up and running and improved, that would be something I'd be thinking about doing for the Hobbit as well.

Regarding the actual humour page, I like the idea that a variety of ages could look at it and decide what is funny.

I also wouldn't worry about having to create new pages for things such as comics. If we had to have a few categories for specific types of humour, that would be fine, because then it looks like we have a really solid humour section, and there will be more to choose from. :-)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 15th, 2013, 6:37 am 
Balrog
Balrog

The thing about the jigsaw puzzles is that the links are wrong. The Arwen one that is on the page is missing the arwen-undomiel.com part of the url, and for the other 20 or so jigsaws, they are there if you type in their url, but they're not showing up on the page. The urls are all the same except for the number at the end, so it would be a simple matter of just putting the links back on the page.

The crosswords seem to work fine for me, they just take a little while to load.

EDIT: I just checked the e-mail account, and there's a weird new one from Larael. It's just a link, it doesn't say anything. I'm concerned it's a virus, so I don't want to check what it links to. JF, given that you've had more contact with Larael than I have, do you mind looking at the e-mail just to see if this is actually something safe? If neither you nor Bellatrix recognize it I think we should just delete, to be sure that none of us get a virus.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 15th, 2013, 8:59 am 
Vala
Vala

It's spam, delete it.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2013, 10:30 am 

Re: the humor section, way back when the revival first started Larael went through all of them and told me a) what links were expired and b) what she didn't think really needed kept anymore. So it has been pared down some, but if you find more that should go that's fine.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next