Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tumblr?*
PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 10:35 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

* thumbs up *

It has been a while... I meed to post something on the AU tumblr blog.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 9th, 2015, 1:27 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Jax Nova wrote:
Cool. That's neat that you got on their list.

I have no idea what my settings are... lol If you ever have anything that could be posted on the AU tumblr let me know. We could do fan fic and whatever just so long as it's by a forum member. :) Probably PG 13 for the AU tumblr though, not sure if that has even been discussed. I'm just short of ideas but want to keep posting stuff.

PG-13 as the movies go I think would be best. IE: no sexual images/themes, nudity, cursing etc.
Especially since the less content like that we have the more open our site becomes to people of
all ages and beliefs. Everyone can feel comfortable and entertained, in that case. :)

I started a personal IG where I post stuff related to the movies and AU. Not many followers yet
but I'm working on it.

I am still trying to use the other IG account to draw more people here. So far no luck...but I will
try something else with it and see if it works better.

Oh and still no word on fb or here from a mod about getting the guestbook thread. I wanted to start
making screencaps for the site since I have the first 2 Hobbit movies, but if we can't get in anyway....
I would have nowhere to store them until them. My comp is pretty full. :/

PostPosted: June 9th, 2015, 11:47 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Hm... Thats odd. The mods generally stop in now and again. We did have one member join recently from tumblr but I dont know if they will stay. A lot of new members post a few times and then never come back.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2015, 9:36 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I think the reason people leave quickly is that it becomes incredibly discouraging when one looks at the boards and sees that most of the threads haven't eben posten in since 2011 or something... Maybe culling some older threads, making newer ones and then posting in various silmarillion and lotr tumblr tags could help? As far as I can see the forum already has an official tumblr blog, but there's just some fanart and not any recruitment going on. Maybe that could be used more possibly /w some eye catching graphics? I could help out with that if needed.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2015, 5:58 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

You have hit the nail on the head, indeed.

You see most of the AUers are a generation ago. We have grown up, got jobs, have families etc... And so many of them no longer have time for AU.

I have been trying to draw in new members and I have tries to post in as many threads as I can to keep the recent posts up to date.

There is a tumbler and a couple other social media sites. The problem with those is no one has much time (for aforementioned reasons) to post regularly in the social media sites.

I would love some graphics, those are mostly what I post. Forum member content such as the graphics or anything LoTR related and by a member. I just dont have a lot of time to post my own original content daily and none the less come up with said content.

As for culling some older threads, the mods would have to do that. It is hard enough to get in contact with most of them... None the less for them to take time to do something like that. It is a shame really... This site was the best of the best back in it's day and is still a great website and forum for a tolkien comunity. We just need the younger generation to find it ( those with more time to be active) so it can come alive again.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2016, 11:16 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I changed my username on tumblr, so you may want to update the link on Pinterest and tumblr (otherwise when people click on it, they will get the message that "There's nothing here"). Here's the new link:

http://queen-of-erebor-marida.tumblr.com.

Last edited by Marida on February 24th, 2024, 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 6th, 2016, 5:33 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Thanks for the update Marida. :) Looks neat!

I have not seen you around much, how you been?

PostPosted: July 6th, 2016, 10:14 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I've been busy with Independence Day lately, so I haven't logged on much. I created a Blogger profile as a place to post my survivalist type stories (from any fandom, not just Tolkien) and the only story I have in there so far is your "gift". Here's the link in case you want to take a look:

http://survivaliststories.blogspot.ca

I'm thinking about writing an Independence Day themed one where a group of fans get dragged to Out of Africa against their will when our "friends" show up (on Independence Day, naturally). It seems even the aliens don't like Out of Africa (which is the dullest movie I've ever seen, since I could have had more fun watching paint dry, which was the only time I actually listened to what movie critics thought) and destroyed the theater in the process (but not before abducting the fans first. Typical. I often wonder if I'm "fed" these ideas I come up with). :whistle:

Last edited by Marida on August 18th, 2016, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 5:55 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Sounds like you are staying busy! :) That's always a good thing.

Cool, I'll check it out. :)

Haha, well, creativity can't be bottled! Do that and it's liable to explode.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2018, 6:44 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I took out all my Hobbit related posts (since I'm not that into it anymore, and they were mostly about Thorin anyway, so they had to go) and added some on Pompeii (though technically, there's more posts about Vesuvius than there is about Pompeii, but still). I also changed the theme (it was probably about time anyway), so feel free to check it out. :)

Profile       WWW