Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reborn
PostPosted: October 14th, 2015, 9:19 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"Come from..." Micah said. "That is a long and complicated tale. I call Bree my home now. Once I lives in Rohan... My home? The misty mountains is where I was born you could say." He smiled and looked down at the ground as he walked. "But that was... I guess you could say, my second birth." He chuckled. "As I said... It's complicated."

He looked to Elitariel. "And yourself?"

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 14th, 2015, 9:43 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The elf walked beside Micah, swallowing her food before speaking again. "I have always lived in the land of Lindon. More specifically, an area in Forlindon by the Gulf of Lhun, just behind those Blue Mountains." She pointed behind them. "It's a rocky, yet lush land. I always enjoyed wading in the Gulf. It is so peaceful. The most beautiful land I have ever seen. Well," she giggled, "..I haven't been elsewhere much, so I don't have anywhere else to really compare it to!"

After a few yards of walking, Elitariel looked over to Micah, pushing hair away from her fragile face. "..What did you mean by your second birth?"

PostPosted: October 14th, 2015, 9:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Again, Micah looked to his feet as he walked. His smile, this time, slightly forced and a sad look entered his eyes. He walked in silence for a moment before answering her question.

"I went to the misty mountains many years ago. I spent an age up there, hunting goblins, wargs, and all manner of foul beasts. Then... Well, then I died."

He paused his tale and walked in a moment of reflection. "There was this women... A queen. She somehow had the power given to her from Iluvitar..." He shook his head, obviously still baffled at the event. "She revived my life and gave me a new purpose. That was the true birth of the man who now stands before you."

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 4:41 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel listened intently to Micah's story, while watching her bare feet on the leaf covered trail. When he was finished, her mouth opened in realization that she was walking with a man who had literally died and came back to life. Noticing that her mouth was open, she shut it very quickly, and hoped Micah wouldn't notice.

"Wha-how-...", she began to stutter, wanting to ask a question, but didn't know how.

A million questions flooded her mind. This was something the elf had never experienced, or even heard of for that matter. A man brought back to life? Elitariel took another quick glance at Micah, then back to the trail.

"You mentioned being given a new purpose after you were.....brought back to life..." the words sounded strange coming off her tongue. "If you don't mind me asking, what was your purpose before you...died...and what is it now?"

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 7:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah looked up from the leaf laden ground and into the face of the young elf. "Before I died I lived for revenge," he admitted. "Now, I live to defend middle earth from it's enemies."

He shrugged slightly, looking down and noticig her bare feet. He scowled slightly and continued.

"It's a fine line... The two purposes of my past and pressent. Both include fighting orcs, goblins, and all manner of foul creatures. Before I used anger and hatred to fuel my resolve. Now I do it out of duty and serenity simply because it must be done. I also gained my love for adventure since my... Transformation. My wanderlust always seems to lead me into situations where my help is needed and good is done."

He smilles and rummaged through his pack.

"That, perhaps, is what brought me here... To you. Perhaps you just need a guide theough the forest and someone to encourage you and believe in you."

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 8:12 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel now looked at Micah with a new perspective. He was a good man with a good soul. Defending Middle-Earth was a large task not to be taken lightly. Many beings fall into the dark because they cannot even defend themselves.

"Well, Micah, you certainly are an interesting one." The elf looked over and smiled at him. "You have very good intentions, and you deserve all due respect. You are a brave man. I can only hope that I will be able to help you along the way!"

"...You mentioned revenge?" Her tone changed a little as she bent down while walking, plucking up a lavender flower.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 8:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah came to a stop once je pulled a few things out of his pack. He sat down on a log and started forming some leather hide, putting holes around the top and lacing a string through it.

"Yes," he answered without looking up from his work. "My family..." He paused. The memories still caused him pain even after all those years. "They were mirdered very cruely by the orcs and goblins who served the dark lord. At just thirteen I swore revenge on all who served the dark lord and began training in sword play."

He stood to his feet and handed Elitariel the leather he had formed. He had made them into roughly shapped moccisans, much like the ones he wore on his own feet.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 8:58 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel watched as he formed the leather, having no idea what he was making. She leaned against a tree while he worked, and took in the cool breeze. "I am very sorry to hear about your family Micah." Her voice had sincere apology in it. "My family may have shunned me, but they were never....killed. I would never wish that terrible fate upon them, or upon anyone. You had good reason to want revenge. But it says something about you that you no longer want revenge, but to protect others from their same fate."

When Micah handed her the moccasins made from the leather, a genuine bright smile crossed her face. She gratefully took them and slipped them on. "These fit perfectly!" She walked in a small circle, no longer feeling the painful bruises and cuts on the bottom of her fragile feet. With the hint of a blush on her cheeks, she said, "I am so grateful, Micah. These will be great for our travels. Thank you."

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 9:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah only nodded solemnly and slightly to her words of condolance. Not that he disn't appreciate it. He was simply lost in retrospect.

His mood changed when she took the moccisans. He was glad that they were recieved so greatfully. It always made him feel good to know he was helping others.

"Speaking of our travels," he said. "Where would you like to go? I came here with the intent to see the mountains again. I've seen them and now look forward to my next destination. Any suggestions?"

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 9:34 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel began walking east on the trail, and gave more and more appreciation to the moccasins with every step. She stayed quiet for a bit, biting her lower lip while she thought.

"Rivendell," she finally spoke. "I've heard nothing but good things about that place. I have never ventured there, but it's supposed to be beautiful!" She looked over at Micah, "Have you been there before?"

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 10:04 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah followed along the path as well. "Yes, many times and for many years," he answered. "I used that as a base camp and a place to resupply when I was hunting goblins in the misty mountains. I know some of the elf folk there quite well, and it indeed is a beautiful place. We have a long walk ahead of us to that place, but I know places in the shire, bree, and the loan lands that we can rest and resupply. Once we get into the trollshaws that will be a different story."

PostPosted: October 16th, 2015, 8:23 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel lifted her head into the sky, feeling the warmth of the sun on her face. It was a perfect day to begin the season of autumn. She then looked over to Micah and tilted her head. "Trollshaws?" The young elf had never heard of such a place. It already carried a dark tone, and she assumed what it meant. Innocently, she asked, "Is-...Are there really trolls there? What a name for a place..."

PostPosted: October 16th, 2015, 9:49 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah nodded grimmly, but not too grimmly. "There are trolls. Most would tel you If we keep to the road we will be fine but there are safer paths. If the Trolls are going to cause trouble they stalk the roads to raid travelers. There are paths through the woods tjat avoid their caves and any chance of being raided on the road."

He looked over to her and noticed her expression. "But don't wory. There is an elven outpost halfway theough where we can at least have a safe place to spend the night."

PostPosted: October 17th, 2015, 7:14 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Her eyes widened at the thought of traveling through troll territory. Her whole life, she had been sheilded from all the evils of this world. All she knew were tales and horror stories of all the evil creatures and beings in Middle Earth. Many thoughts of what a troll may look like flooded through her mind, and it gave her a shudder.

"I hope, by then, I will have better control and use of my abilities." She grabbed a dead leaf off the ground and held it in her hand. Wanting to make it float, she closed her eyes and concentrated. Suddenly, the leaf exploded in flames and turned to ashes. The elf let out a sigh, "Looks like I will need a lot of practice." She sheepishly smiled.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2015, 10:46 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah couldn't help but notice her anxiety. He wanted to reashure her that all would be well. It was a dangerous road but he had traveled it many time with no major problems. "If things go as planned we won't even encountner a troll."

He watched as she burst the leafe into flames.

"Maybe instead of trying to get a certain result you should pay attention to what you are doing and what result you get. Maybe you mental state and actions when you ise your powers dictate what happens. Then you could chart what actions get ehat results," he suggested. He really had no idea if his advice would be valid. He was still utterly amazed at the abilities this young elf carried.

"Surely," he thought to himself. "This young women is destine for great things." He gazed at Elitariel and his internal thoughts were displayed on his face as he looked.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2015, 9:23 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel nodded at what he said and picked up another leaf from the ground, orange and red. "Right..."

She took one last glance at the beginning setting sun before shutting her eyes. The elf focused. She focused on what she wanted and what see wanted to see. She shut out everything and gathered energy before focusing it into the leaf. Elitariel opened one eye slowly, almost in pain expecting failure.

But she snapped the other hazel eye open quickly in realization that....it worked! The leaf was floating a few inches away from her palm with the faint purple glow. Rocky, but still floating!

Her face brightened like a child in happiness as she shouted, "It worked, it worked!" She lost the focus from her happiness and the leaf slowly floated down. But the elf did not care at that moment. She had actually made the leaf float.....when she wanted to!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next