Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 4:37 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Sorry, been a bit MIA lately. Lots of goats having babies and my days rarely have a spare moment. Should taper off in a week or so. Lol)

Kano looked on Gaelrin's fondly. "I admire your heart and courage. Many men would stay home from war if allowed."

He nodded understandingly as she mentioned her brother. "Of course. Whether you tell him or not is a personal decision. You know him and I will trust your judgement."

At that his eyes looked to his weapon. It wasn't what he would prefer to do with the women he had fallen in love with... But it was certainly the most constructive thing at the moment. "Should we practice, then? I have a feeling we will both need it." Better to sacrifice the heart felt moments now and live through the battles ahead to share those moments later he figured.

Kano stood and grabbed his blade, offering Gaelrin a hand to stand to her feet. "I guess we can say this is our first couple fight," he said with a playfully glimmer in his eyes.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 6:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

(No worries at all! Wow, it seems like you're pretty busy. )

Gaelrin released all somber thoughts of leaving her brother to go off to fight in a war she had no business being in, and looked up into Kanos' eyes and smiled.
"Aye, I suppose you could say it is."
She replied teasingly as she placed her hand in his and stood. Before he could pull his hand away, though, she boldly twined her fingers through his and let out a small sigh at the sensation of their touching hands.
"Kano?" She whispered his name softly as she met his gaze.
"I'm frightened. I...I do not wish to go into battle and meet the same kind of monsters who slaughtered my father and mother. But I'm torn, for I do desire to continue the legacy born by my mother and father, and I wish with all my heart to protect my brother. He is young, and I do not want him to see the horrors of war."

Last edited by Melanie on November 5th, 2017, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 9:55 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Grihias had walked around the great hall and again found the Dunlanding and the maidservant still talking. Grihias settled around the corner from them and listened, and he could make out that she still talked about Dunhama. He couldn’t hear the low words of the Dunlanding, but with the maid’s replies, he could guess what it was he was saying. After what seemed a long time, Grihias could tell the two had come to some sort of agreement about something as the maid left. He wasn’t sure, but it could not be good to Dunhama, his friend and mentor. He would have to find him and tell him about this, but he didn’t know where they went. He yawned, then quickly stood and slipped into a shadow made by the moon breaking through the clearing skies. Wulgov looked around the corner for a moment before turning back. Grihias silently crept away, and again made his way toward their tent.

- - -

Standing in a shadow of his own, Wulgov watched grimly as he saw the boy walking toward the encampment. He was going to have to keep an eye on that young man...

- - -

Railan was tired, and knew this night had come to an end. She smiled as she thought of what she had talked about with Wulgov. She would never call him a friend, but it was clear she had a ally in achieving a common goal. She returned to her quarters and knew she would need sleep before returning to her duties in the morning.

- - -

Drained and exhausted, the newlyweds together fell into a deep sleep. Dunhama slid into a dream of bliss with his wife and all was well. But it gradually and vaguely turned dark.... He was in a stable hanging by his feet, swinging slightly. The screams stabbed him to his soul as he cried helpless. As the screams became barely a whimper, the last man turned to him and started laughing. He drew his sword and swung it, and with the rope cut, he started falling.

Dunhama awoke suddenly in a sweat, breathing hard, startling Athilda awake.

- - -

When Grihias got to the tent, Gaelrin and Kano were gone. The sound of steel clashing in the night told him that they went out for some swordplay, so he crawled in to his bedroll and quickly went to sleep.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 9:04 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Dunhama?!" Athilda muttered quickly as she felt her husband wake up suddenly. Her eyelids threatened to close again, but from the quick and deep rising and falling of his chest as well as the sweat covering most of his body, she could sense that something was wrong.
"Husband? Whatever you saw was just a dream... it....it is alright....I am here with you."
She didn't know quite what to say, and she feared that she was not being as comforting as she should be because she had been caught in the middle of slumber. But as she spoke, she propped herself up on her elbow and gazed at his silouette in concern. Her free hand gently wrapped around his chest and slid her hand up and down his side.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 10:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Indeed. Lol)

Kano squeezed Gaelrin’s hand gently and looked her in the eye. “Good,” he said simply as she stated how scared she was. “One who does not fear battle is either foolish or has nothing left to live for.” He gazed deep in her eyes, loosing himself in their beauty. Past the beauty, however, he saw her fear, and her hopes, and her dreams. “I don’t see you as either case,” he added.

He walked towards a more secluded location where they could practice, not letting loose his grip on her hand. “Grihias is young, but he is strong. Though I pray he does not see war this time... his time will likely come.” Kano halted amongst some rocks and uneven ground, then reluctantly unwove his fingers from Gaelrin’s. He raised his sword and looked to Gaelrin. “The best either ofnus can do is be prepared and protect him if able. If we are prepared, we can help him be prepared.”

PostPosted: November 6th, 2017, 5:28 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama tried to regain his breath, and though he tried to relax and take comfort with Athilda by him, he could not shake the doom that had so thoroughly invaded his dreams. It was that vision at the end…the face laughing… he had seen it before, only it was different in ways. He blinked as he stood, looking out the window. The candle had long since gone out, so the only light was that of the westering moon. He gulped down the water that was in the flagon on the table, and poured some over his head. He sat back down on the edge of the bed and Athilda came up behind him and gave him a hug. He put his hand over hers and said,

”Yes… yes, you are all right. I…”

He gasped and closed his eyes. He said in somewhat incoherent words,

”This war…this coming war… Wulgov… don’t trust him…”

Athilda blinked at him not really understanding what he was saying. Dunhama closed his eyes and he lay back. He looked upon her face and said softly,

“I’m sorry dear Athilda. I don’t know what got into my head. I am sorry I have awakened you so.”

She glowed in the silvery moonlight as it threw shadows into the dark room…

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 6th, 2017, 5:21 pm 
Ent
Ent

Although she did not understand her husbands' meaning, she knew that he would not speak of his uncle if he were not truly upset or worried.
She furrowed her brows and let her hands graze his back and arms as he laid down, and looked upon him with deep concern in her eyes.
"Dunhama, you must not apologize, for there is no reason for it. You....you seem troubled by something."
She said as she lay down, resting her arm and head on his chest.
"Please tell me...for I don't want you to go through whatever haunts you alone."

PostPosted: November 6th, 2017, 5:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin blinked at Kano's initial response, then smiled and furrowed her brows as she nodded once.
"Well, I am glad that you don't find me foolish or without purpose. I...I understand that Kano will have to go to battle if he is called upon....but...well, I hope to delay that call until he is old enough to wield a sword."
Something began to rise within her: courage? Helplessness? She didn't know, but as he handed her the sword, she took it and raised it to his with a dull clink as their swords met.
"Until that day, I will prepare with you and then show him what to do."

PostPosted: November 8th, 2017, 2:58 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama was silent for a time as his fingers gently combed through Athilda’s unkempt hair. He finally said,

”It is a recurring nightmare I’ve had for many years since I was a child. The last time I had it was at Helms Deep. Some things change each time, but it is much the same.”

He kissed the top of her head and said,

”You being here with me shares the burden with you my dear. But let it no longer disrupt this night. I will speak of my dream in the light of day.”

Dunhama closed his eyes as his fingers continued to play in her hair.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 8th, 2017, 9:34 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano nodded. “Well said.” He started the fight with a swing from Gaelrin’s right. It was quick, but nothing fancy or hard to block.
“Just never loose that fear,” he contonued, taking another swing at her. “Fear is the bodies self defense. It tells you there is danger to be avoided or overcome.” Kano set another succession of three quick strikes as he continued. “Learn to control the fear, though. Let it do it’s job and tell you of harm... but don’t let it consume you.”

PostPosted: November 9th, 2017, 2:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda allowed herself to relax under his gentle touch, but as he spoke, she wanted to protest and ask more about what bothered him.
She hoped that he would not forget to tell her, for she wanted to help him and comfort him in his time of need.
"I love you, my husband. Goodnight...." Her voice trailed off as she finally fell asleep again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gaelrin was startled by Kano's sudden movement, but she was able to move back in time before he hit her. She was hardly able to listen to everything that he was saying, for she found that she was focusing more on his blows than on his words. But once she found her footing, she was able to block most of his attacks, and was lucky enough that she could dodge the others.
All throughout their practice, Gaelrin could feel her heart beating quickly and her adrenaline being to flow through her body, which inevitably caused her body to be more aware of its' surroundings.
Finally, though Kano paused, and as he did, she took the time to tighten the grip on the handle, before swinging at him this time from above. And even though she felt safe with him, she could feel an anger rise towards those who murdered her parents and countless others. She swung again and again, until silent, angry tears flowed down her cheeks. Her ankles began to throb, but she prevailed. She would learn how to be the best warrior she could be to protect her brother from the animals who would murder him.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 6:27 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

As their practice moved on, Kano was pleased to see the agility that Gaelrin still had. It would serve her well. As he paused she went on the offensive. He blocked, but stood his ground. As she continued the attack he side stepped, giving a little ground and circling around to her left.

It was then, through the dimly lit sky, he saw tears. He paused and slowed his movements. He backed away and looked at her with creased brow. "Gaelrin, are you alright?"

He looked to her ankle. He wondered if perhaps it hurt worse than she let on. Her eyes, however, showed grief more than pain. He looked deep in her eyes and lowered his sword. "Gaelrin?"

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 9:44 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin tried to keep her focus on Kano as he circled around her, but her eyes were becoming heavy and her head started to throb from the amount of crying she had done over the past few days. She felt so weary, but she had to fight! As she wiped her tears away with the back of her hand, she realized suddenly that Kano had slowed his movements. Her brows knit together in confusion and slight frustration, why was he stopping?!
It was then as he asked the question that she realized that she was being weak. Bitterness towards the enemy coursed through her veins, and she lifted her sword to swing at him, but stopped as he repeated her name.
Her bottom lip began to quiver and her eyes threatened to spill more tears as she saw the deep concern and worry in his eyes. Her breath caught in her throat as he looked into her eyes; never before had anyone looked that deeply into her eyes. He...he must truly care for her.
In response to his question, Gaelrin released the grip on her sword, and before it hit the ground, she closed the gap between them and wrapped her arms around his neck and sobbed into his tunic.
"I'm sorry, Kano.....I'm so sorry..."

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 10:20 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano dropped his own sword as Gaelrin rushed into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her gently, but firmly. He rubbed a comforting hand over her back and shook his head as she spoke through her sobs.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Gaelrin. Nothing at all."

He kissed her gently on the side of the head, letting her hair press against his face and feeling her sobs and rapid heart beat against him. He wanted to reassure her. He wanted to say or do more, but all he could do was repeat, "You have nothing to be sorry for."

PostPosted: November 15th, 2017, 9:57 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

The westering moon sank into the low fog even as the light of day started to brighten the east. Hirgon and his comrade rode relentlessly west. When the Great Hall of Edoras came into view, Hirgon paused and let his horse gain breath. But it was only for a moment, and the two rode onward as fast as their steeds could go in hopes of bringing word to the King of Rohan of Gondor’s need of aid.

~

Railan awoke in her quarters, her head throbbing dully. She needed to arise and tend to the Lady Eowyn, and she launched herself out of bed and promptly fell to the floor. What had happened? Her head throbbed even as she remembered. The man she secretly loved had married another. Nevermind that Railan would have to cover the duties of both herself and Athilda while she was… given time with her new husband. Railan dressed for the day while thinking what the waiter had said to her the night before. She took in a deep breath and would bear the burden. She didn’t exactly know who the man was other than what she had heard him say and what she heard in rumour, that he was a Dunlanding prisoner from the Helms Deep battles who was on parole by the King. Could she tie her fortunes to this man in hopes… she nodded. It was her only hope to achieve the desires of her heart. She brushed her hair outm and with a nod, set out for Lady Eowyn’s room in the early morn.

~

The sparrow on the sill singing awoke Dunhama and as his eye opened to see grey morning light outside. Athilda’s arm was draped over his side and rested on his chest. Dunhama slid his hand over hers and they entwined fingers. Hearing Athilda moan slightly in her sleep as he leaned back into her, he turned his head and looked up as her sleepy face rose up, kissing his shoulder along the way.

“Good morning my love.”

He said as she awoke. Yes, it was true. They had married the day before, and she was here with him now. Dunhama sighed as he held Athilda close. Though it was morning, they were exhausted with little sleep, and they wished the day would not come. But time waits for nobody. Not lovers or newlyweds, or those who felt spurned and discarded as the nuptials were spoken. It was morning for all, and the day would come as it may. But for Dunhama and Athilda, the morning could wait a little longer. It was not long before they both fell into a deep sleep where they lay, and the sparrow again sang its morning song.

~

Wulgov slept little through the remainder of the night after he had retired. The broken bursts of sleep were filled with vivid dreams that he thought he should know, but upon awaking, did not remember or understand. When he finally got up, he stood outside by his tent, listening the sounds of the morning. The heavy footfall of horses being ridden hard grew closer, and it was not long before he could hear the guards on duty at the gates call them to halt. Wondering what haste brought them to Edoras so early in the morning, Wulgov walked toward the gates to listen to their words, but he could not hear what they said. The guards thought it important enough to have one of them escort the two men to the Great Hall as quickly as they could. Wulgov wondered if he could get himself inside the Great Hall again this day, being he had worked there the night before. All he could do was try.

~

Grihias awoke before dawn and looked over to see his sister was not there. He had a mind to go out and try and find her, but he guesses she was still with Kano. Maybe he should go and find his tent, but Grihias yawned and rolled over, not wanting to get out from his blankets. Kano was a good man and Grihias felt like he could trust him with his sister. Instead, he pondered what he had heard the night before, and wondered how he could find Dunhama and Athilda and tell them. He lay there silent, staring at the roof of his tent as it rippled in the breeze, and he soon fell back asleep.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 15th, 2017, 9:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin heard Kano's words, but she didn't know if she believed them; if she hadn't been so frightened about the beasts, her mother would still be here. But as he repeated those words to her, she slowly began to regain her composure, until a few moments passed by with nothing but the sound of the wind blowing across the great plains. He was right. She shouldn't blame herself for something she couldn't have stopped.
"Forgive me, Kano..." She took in a deep breath as she raised her head and looked up at him. Her eyes were still wet with tears and her cheeks were stained red.
"Thank you...for staying with me." She paused and searched his kind, caring eyes, then shivered as a cool wind blew her hair about her face. "Will you....will you stay with me? I believe we have another bedroll you could sleep on and...well, I hope that I'm not being to forward but you see...well, I just....I need you Kano. Please stay with us."

Athilda knew it was time to get up, for she heard the familiar tune of a songbird singing on the windowsill, but alas, she did not want to wake. Feeling her husbands-yes, her husband-fingers twine through hers was incentive enough for her be roused, and as she sat up, she brushed her lips against his bare shoulder, then kissed him gently on the lips.
A sound of bliss escaped her lips and she pulled away from him, just for a moment to whisper a lazy "good morning", then she resumed her place with him.
After a few minutes of this early morning kiss, the warmth of his body mixed with the warmth from the blankets lulled her back into sleep.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next