Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: November 27th, 2017, 6:14 pm 
Ent
Ent

As Gaelrin looked into Kano's eyes, she realized that she needed to calm herself, for they still had time-not much though-to find her brother and make sure he was safe. With a breath, she was able to calm her nerves and she nodded, then smiled sadly.
"I still need to get my things packed and my tent taken down. Perhaps you could ride out first to try and find him while I pack my things up?"

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 12:19 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano nodded to Gaelrin and waisted no time, for there was none to waist. He hurried over to his horse, Sage, and climbed on. With a gentle clicking sound he urged Sage into motion.

"I'll look on the outskirts of the buildings," he told Gaelrin before leaving. "If I don't find him there I will search further out. Perhaps he is gathering fire wood still."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 1:26 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin nodded and watched as Kano sped off to search for her brother; she highly doubted that Grihias would stay out for such a long time to just retrieve firewood. Tears formed in her eyes as she thought of their parents and what they would have done, but she quickly wiped those tears away and began to pack for the long, arduous journey that lay ahead.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 1:34 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano searched the outskirts of the town, looking far and wide. Sage galloped from one hilltop to another.
So far he found no sign of the young man. He hurried about, heading off to the hill east of the town. It was the last place Kano could think of. If Grihias wasn't there, he was sure to have gone off somewhere beyond reasoning.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 5:30 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Grihias was a bit sodden when he came to the road just outside of Edoras. He called out to a grey rider that brought up the rear of their column,

"Hey northerner, where are we going?"

The rider looked to Grihias without pause and said as the boy started walking beside him,

"The King has called a muster in Dunharrow. We too ride there. Should you be with your family?"

"I am a ward of the king, whatever that means. My sister is with her friend, and I am sure they would be riding out this way. I will find her on the road."

Grihias said, the rider nodded and replied,

You should rest some and get on the first wagon that comes by. You can't walk all the way to Dunharrow for it is a steep road.

Grihias nodded, already tired from climbing the hill and back down. He turned and could see some Rohirrim soldiers and a wagon coming. They were away back and just now cresting the first low hill. He found a rock to sit on and rest as the Dunedain disappeared around the corner where the road curved around a large rock.

~ ~ ~

Dunhama paused as Athilda cut her hair. He took the look just as he stomped his boot on. He wrapped up Athilda in his arms and said,

"My love, I made that promise the last time, and I still have that. Can I promise such this time knowing what I face in war? I cannot say. But I know in my heart that we will reunite after this is all over. I know and feel this to be true, So I will do all that is in my power to see victory and return to you."

They stood silently for a time until Deorwine cleared his throat at the door. Dunhama turned and opened the door, and Deorwine motioned with his head that they needed to go even as he noticed Dunhama's tear-stained tunic. Dunhama said,

"My wife will ride with me until such time we find the Lady Eowyn and she returns to her duties."

Deorwine nodded and turned and mounted his horse, and Dunhama led Athlda to his horse. They kissed before they mounted up, and as the rain dripped steadily onto them. they followed Deorwine to the road that led to Dunharrow.

~ ~ ~

Wulgov returned to Meduseld in time to have an order given to him. He was to drive the kitchen. Two of the King's cooks would accompany him, and they would pull a cart full of provision. He found it ironic that he, a former soldier of Dunland, would now be kitchenhand of Rohan, and Dunhama, former kitchenhand of Rohan was now a soldier of the Mark.

Lady Eowyn and Railan rode their horses out of the city, cloaked to ward off the rain. Eowyn looked about for Aragorn. Railan said to her,

"M'lady, the Dunedain had set out early. We will see them in Dunharrow."

Railan looked back and around, trying to see Dunhama, but there was no sign of him or Athilda. She turned back and rode silently along, wondering where they were.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 7:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda didn't want Dunhama to release her from his embrace, but the door knocked again, and she knew that his destiny was calling. She closed her eyes for a moment as he pulled away and wrapped her cloak closer around her body, then dipped her head at his commander and followed Dunhama out to his horse.
When he kissed her, she felt as if this would somehow be the last time she would ever kiss him again. But before she could deepen the kiss, Dunhama pulled away again and helped her mount the horse.
Soon, they were riding quickly off to Dunharrow, and try as she might, she couldn't shake the foreboding feeling that sorrow lay ahead for both of them. She wrapped her arms around his chest and pressed her cheek into his back, as if doing that would prolong the time they had together. Her heart was rattled though as they passed Wulgov helping with the other cooks; her stomach did a flip and she turned her head the other way, but try as she might to rid her mind of him, she couldn't...all she could think about was being left here at Edoras with Wulgov close by.
"Dunhama..."
She muttered his name as she closed her eyes.
"I love thee with all my heart, and no matter how far you go, I will always be with you."

PostPosted: November 29th, 2017, 4:21 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano, sure that Grihias was no where to be found, looked far into the horizon. There was a line of men already heading for Dunharow. Could the lad have left with them? He decided it seemed the most likely option. Either way, time was dwindling to much. Before long the company of riders that Kano had been stationed with would ride out.

He turned Sage back to Edoras and swiftly galloped back to the tents to find Gaelrin.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2017, 6:11 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"Athilda my love, know that I carry you with me wherever I go. It is for you and for Rohan that I go to war, and to you and to Rohan I will return."

He felt Athilda's arms about him, and they joined the line leading out of the city. Kano came riding by on Sage and Dunhama called out,

""Hail Kano! What news do you have? Athilda and I had not heard much until Commander Deorwine came to us. Where is Gaelrin and Grihias, and have you seen Lady Eowyn?"

A grey cloud blew down from the slopes of Starkhorn chilling the air and throwing light rain onto the people of Rohan.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 29th, 2017, 9:27 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda cringed slightly as the dull patter of rain hit her back and slowly began to drench her cloak. She closed her eyes as Dunhama spoke, and took in a deep breath; when she opened them, she smiled kindly at their friend.
"God speed, Kano. Make sure to return back home to us."
Tears welled up in her eyes as she thought of the impending doom that awaited her husband and Kano. But perhaps all was not lost. She must hold onto that hope that both would return.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gaelrin didn't know exactly what to pack, for never before had she intended on going off to war.
A shiver of fear ran down her spine, but she shook it off and started to pack another set of clothes, a small wooden bowl and spoon, and then finally, her father's sword.
She held it in her hands and looked at her reflection, wondering if she was making the right choice.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2017, 5:14 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"War," Kano said simply, meeting Dunham and Athilda with a grin expression. "It's a true regret that you two must be thrust into this so soon after the wedding." He shook his head, remembering the messenger. "The messenger came with a black arrow. I am not sure exactly what that means, but it seemed quite a weighty message. The white City of Gondor faces the forces from Mordor. Chances are they will be upon them by the time we arrive. I fear we will ride into a bloodied battlefield with no time to rest from or travels from Dunharrow. I am not sure what we will be facing but I am to ride out with a group in just minutes. I will look for you on the battlefield, and pray I find you alive and well. As for Gaelrin, she rides to Dunharrow to bid us farewell. I must help her, she is packing. Grihias... He has gone. I am guessing to Dunharrow but I don't know. He said nothing to anyone. For now, I hope to find him on the road, but time is short and I must be off."

With a dip of his head towards them both, Kano hurried off to help Gaelrin.

Once she finished packing he loaded her.things on Sandy for her. He stepped towards her as she stood gazing at her father's sword. "Time is short," he said softly. He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Did the healer find you while I was out looking?" He remembered the elven healer thought to tend to them one last time before they departed.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2017, 5:54 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

”We will see you in Dunharrow and will talk more!”

Dunhama said as Kano rode away. He hoped that Gaelrin and Grihias were all right. They rode onward up toward the steep, narrow track that wound its way through the rocks of the foothills. The high peaks stood before them, but were shrouded in grey and unseen. Hearing slight sobs and feeling Athilda pressing into his back as she held to him, he rested a hand on hers and tried to comfort her. He wasn’t sure what he could say to ease her mind, so he leaned back and to the side and kissed her. It was then Deorwine came riding back and said,

”Dunhama, Gramhold, you two stay here until the first wagons come. They may need help getting up this incline. I will post riders along the track, and the men of Snowbourne will come to relieve you. We will gather in Dunharrow.”

“Yes sir.”

Dunhama said and stepped his horse out of line. Gramhold did the same on the other side of the road. Athilda dismounted and Dunhama followed. Deorwine said as he prepared to ride forward,

”M’lady Athilda, you may wish to find a place on one of the wagons to ride? I need my men alert and free. I think Lady Eowyn’s wagon will be along soon.”

He looked down the road, and the wagon with a royal banner crested the rise and came in sight. Dunhama looked at Athilda and knew their time together was short, and he wished to spend every moment he could with her. He held her hand and looked at her eyes when a familiar voice was heard,

"Dunhama! Athilda!"

Grihias smiled as he walked up to them.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 7:59 am 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin blinked and lifted her gaze up into Kano's eyes then shook her head.
"No, but perhaps she will find us at Dunharrow and do her work there." She paused then sheathed her fathers' sword and sighed heavily as she finished packing and strapped her bag to her back. The weight of her pack added more pressure to her ankles, but she bore it. She had to, for this was her time to prove herself and to avenge her parents' death.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Athilda sighed heavily as Dunhama rested his hand atop hers and kissed her; her gaze lifted slightly as his commander gave him his orders to stay and assist with the wagons.
No, please....let me stay with my husband.
She wanted to say that...she wished she had some power to stop him from leaving her. But she remained silent, for women of Rohan had to be strong, even while their husbands, and brothers went off to war.
Athilda blinked suddenly then smiled as she turned to see Grihias approaching them.
"Grihias, it is good to see you! What...are you traveling to Dunharrow with your sister?"
She glanced up to see no sign of Gaelrin behind him, then looked back at him.
"Would you like to stay with me? I am going to ride in the Lady Eowyn's wagons up to Dunharrow while Dunhama stays here. Perhaps we will meet your sister upon our arrival?"

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 10:51 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Grihias smiled and said,

”I will stay with you my lady. I don’t think they will let me ride to war. But I will stay and guard the homeland with you!”

Dunhama sighed and gave Grihias a smile. He could see Lady Eowyn’s wagon coming, and knew that Athilda would depart with her. He took Athilda aside and wrapped her up in his arms and gave her a long kiss, then said,

”I will hope to see you in Dunharrow ere this day is done my love. When I get there, I will find you!”

As the wagon came up, it stopped aside the road to let others pass. Eowyn said,

”Dunhama and Athilda, it is good to see you!”

Dunhama bowed and said,

”M’lady.”

He saw Railan was sitting beside Eowyn, and said,

”Lady Railan”

She bowed her head as Dunhama turned to Lady Eowyn,

”I have been posted here until the kast wagon comes, or men from Snowbourne come. Is there room for my wife and Grihias to ride with you to Dunharrow?”

He looked at Grihias who was looking suspiciously at Railan.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 7:11 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano brought Sandy around to Gaelrin and helped her pack her things onto the saddle. After helping her up they were thrust onwards as the group of riders Kano had been assigned to came around.

“Time to move!” The lead rider called out. He was a middle aged man, clean shaven and not your typical looking Rider of Rohan. There was also dark skinned man with a serious look. He was bald and had only a small beard. This was the second in command of the group.

Kano rode up to the man. “This is Gaelrin,” he introduced her. “Her and I are cpurting, and her brother we believe has already taken the rad to Dunharrow. May she ride with us?”

The lead man looked at her, short tufts of graying blond hair seen from under his helmet. “Won’t cramp my style,” the man said with a shrug. “So long as she can keep up.”

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 10:26 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled kindly at Grihias, but when she opened her mouth to speak, she felt only sadness rise within her. That feeling, however, was both intensified and diminished as her husband took her in his arms and kissed her. The moment she wrapped her arms around him and began to kiss him back ended, for the Lady Eowyn rolled up in a wagon.
Her cheeks turned a crimson color and she dipped her head and curtsied, then stood up as the Lady beckoned her and Grihias to come to the wagon.
"Thank you, my Lady. I...I will just be one moment, if you please."
She turned back to Dunhama with tears threatening to spill down her cheeks.
"You will find me, my dear husband. As I will find you. Come as quickly as the wind flies over the fields, so that we may be together before you leave."
She placed her hands on his chest and kissed him gently on the lips, then pulled away and unwillingly walked to the wagon and got on.
As they rode off towards Dunharrow, Athilda couldn't help but feel nauseous; here they were only a few days married and already her husband was being called to fight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gaelrin winced in pain as Kano assisted her mount on Sandy, but as she held the reigns, a type of peace, a certain calm began to wash over her. A small smile appeared on her lips, but quickly faded as Kano introduced her to his commanding officers. She gripped Sandy's reigns tighter, which caused her horse to lift her head.
"Shh."
She muttered as she pet Sandy's mane while staring into the Commanders' eyes.
"You need not worry about me, sire. I can hold my own as well as any Rider of Rohan."

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 11:44 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

”I will be there as soon as I am relieved of my duty here.”

Dunhama said before their last kiss. Dunhama watched Athilda walk away and she and Grihias boarded the wagon. As if the skies felt the parting, the rain started falling hard as the wagon made its way up the narrow road through the rocks and disappeared out of sight. Dunhama sighed, already missing his wife as he and Gramhold stepped into the road. Dunhama asked,

”Do you think the soldiers of Snowbourne will arrive soon?”

“Don’t know. Just our luck to have to stay here in this rain. We’ll probably be here until the last rider has passed.”

Gramhold said as they parted to each side of the road as a wagon passed Dunhama saw Wulgov driving it, but Wulgov didn’t take notice of him, as Dunhama had pulled his hood down to ward off the rain.

On the wagon, Grihias found a place to sit in the back and he watched out behind the wagon. Railan sat across from Athilda and she could see tears welling up in her eyes. Railan took some satisfaction in the fact that she was not with Dunhama, but she kept a dismal look on her face. As a tear started to roll down Athilda’s cheek, Railan sat forward and held out a handkerchief for her to use as she said,

”It is an ill thing that this war has come now. May Dunhama remain safe and return to us.”

Railan took Athilda’s hand and held it in both of hers.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 45  Next