Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn By The Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: December 6th, 2017, 11:58 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kayden sighed, his mind settled back on Falahas. The more he remembered that face the more certain he had seen him at the fights before. He couldn’t be completely certain... but it certainly looked like the man he had seen.

“All this way out here and I still can’t get away from it...” he bemoaned. “Maybe I’m just going crazy... myabe it’s just my mind.”

He sighed yet again and lay down, closing his eyes in hopes of getting some sleep and letting his body begin to heal.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: December 7th, 2017, 5:08 pm 
Ent
Ent

"No, no, he most certainly was not in a position to defend me, as he has been wounded just outside this Inn."
Mariel furrowed her brows and glanced over towards the two men, then back to Hilferen and shook her head.
"M'lord, forgive me for prying, but...surely you don't mean sir Durian will suffer the consequences for merely going on an adventure for a few days?" She looked back at the men and noticed the tension between them. Her breath caught in her chest and she blinked away the unwanted memories that flooded in her mind. Never before did she think that she would be running away from her husband....but then again, she never thought him likely to betray her as he had.
"Sir, I used to live in Gondor where I worked as...well, I worked in many different taverns and inns....it was during my time in Gondor where that man found me...he took an interest in me....but I had to leave Gondor to help my brother...he was one of the Rangers of the North." Her eyes glossed over as she told her story.
"When I left, it seems that Fahalas...he...well, sir...I don't know what he will do or what it is exactly he wants from me....but I do know that it cannot be anything good."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lyiana could see the distrust in the young girls' eyes, and her heart broke, but she could understand why. So, not wanting to seem overbearing or frightening, Lyiana pushed her chair out and stood, then dug into her coin purse, which hung from her belt around her waist, and laid a few coins on the table. It would be more than enough for the children to have two more meals and a room for a few nights.
"I do not wish to disturb you any longer. But if you do need anything, I will be tending to the man you saw in room 4. Good night."
She said before turning and walking past the two men at the bar and quietly walked past the Ranger and the blond woman. As she walked down the hall, though, she saw the Dunlanding tied up and her heart boiled in anger and fear.
Her hand immediately went to the hilt of her dagger and she stared at him as she carefully walked past.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 5:34 pm 
Elf
Elf

Though Loch was busy filling his belly with as much food as he could for as long as he could, the appearance of coin laid out right there in the table for just anyone to take did not escape his notice. Beside him, Rin was almost quivering with that strange combination of hers: fear and anger. It could make her wild as a cornered bear, reduce her to mute silence for days or weeks at a time or make her curl up into a weeping ball. Never could tell which. Still, the lady that had brought the food just left the coins there and walked away. Away? Not even a backwards look. So it wasn't really even stealing, right? Not properly.

He reached out a hand sticky with gravy for the coins and his sister struck like a snake. She slapped his arm down to the table, her expression forbidding and severe. She had eyes like a stormy sky and when she wanted to, she could make them look right through him. Never failed to give him the shivers. Right now, her eyes were as sharp as one of the Shieldmaiden's spears.

Useless as it was to argue with Rin, Lochared tried anyway. He was older. He was the one in charge.

"She meant them-"

"No!"

Loch rolled his eyes at her and then it occurred to him that perhaps she hadn't heard him because his mouth was still full. He swallowed his food and tried again.

"Rin-"

"NO!"

Loch scowled at the hand held over his arm and wondered, under his breath, just who had gone and made Rin Queen of Everything. Rin, of course, ignored her brother's muttering and twisted about to look in the direction the woman had gone. Why had she gone? Was she going to come back with still more? Seeing his opportunity, Loch pulled his arm free and snatched up the coins. They rattled as he dropped them into his pocket and this snapped Rin's attention back to him.

"To return them," he assured her and offered one of his lop sided, crooked grins. Rin glowered at him still but he could see her ice was melting and then, grudgingly, she nodded and the tension of her slim shoulders began to unknot.

He caught her eying an apple. Rin loved apples, he knew, but he did not know whether her love for apples was stronger than the steel of her stubborn will.

"Just one apple, Rin," he whispered to her and she twitched, "It won't kill you."

Rin sniffed at this, still weighing it all up, and then her hand whipped out to snatch the apple up. She bit into it with a loud crunch and Loch nodded his satisfaction before he returned to his meal. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched Rin consume the apple and then select up the other. That was to be his but he didn't mind.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Outside by the well another bucket of cold water fell over Freja's head. She felt marginally better though her stomach was a queasy soup now. She'd lost count of the buckets, of course, but judging by the drenched ground at her feet and the fact that her tunic and trews were soaked through, she was sure it was at least five. Perhaps ten. Her head still pounded and she didn't trust herself to stand but her vision wasn't doubling as frequently as it had been. So, progress then. After another ten buckets, perhaps she would be able to go to sleep tonight, close her eyes and not fear never waking again. She'd seen that happen so many times before. A seemingly minor blow to the head, momentary disorientation that is shaken off and then they never wake again.

That was not how she was going to the halls of her Sisters. Not witless in her sleep. And then, so faint that she didn't know that she heard it, came the soft velvet sound of feminine laughter. It started at the edges but grew, like the oncoming tide, until Freja could not mistake what it was. A terror she had known before made her drop the empty bucket and stand. She staggered somewhat and whipped about, looking about wildly. Still the laughter rolled on, mocking, immortal and so beautiful. Freja's skin began to crawl.

"On your belly, worm," said that perfect voice, "Begging like the craven you are. That is how you will meet your end."

Aside from a few knives, Freja had left every other weapon inside the inn. A desperate, furious howl was growing within her but she clamped her teeth together for she would deny this witch such satisfaction. No sooner did that thought cross her mind did the witch's laughter reach a crescendo that threatened to burst Freja's skull from within. She doubled over, clutching at her head.

"You can deny me nothing, pet," the witch crooned and distantly Freja could sense her heart was racing faster than it ever had before. She had to slow it, calm it, or the Elf would kill her. Push her mortal body to its limits and fell her without so much as lifting a finger.

But she was in her mind. Crawling through her every thought. An all too familiar shame and humiliation burned at such a violation. Nothing new. And then, the witch was gone.

Freja fell to her knees with a soft moan, so quiet and then she crawled to the stables to where Béma was. All the horses were unsettled and restive but Béma reached his great head down to where she was, whuffed at her sodden hair and clothing and then dropped himself to the straw to join her. Weeping freely now, Freja buried her face into his warm neck. She had to kill that witch. She had to. She had no idea how. She didn't know where she was and she was alone, her sisters left far behind for their own safety. Naiore Dannan must die, but just at that moment the Shieldmaiden that had set her sights and war path to one of the last vicious remnants of Sauron's malice despaired. For she was alone and she was frightened and she did not know what to do next.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2017, 1:11 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Hilferin listened to Mariel, and seeing she was nervously watching Durian and Faalas at the bar, he had her sit down at a nearby table. He turned a chair around and sat backwards on it. He said,

“Yes… my gut tells me that the Dunlanding and your Gondorian had something to do with that. I will add that to the questions I’ll be asking them. Now about Durian, if it was more than the last few days, it could pass me by. But he failed to report long before that. It was not coincidence that he left with you just as soon as we arrived at this here inn. I didn’t recognise him at first, and neither did any of the others. He was looking rough even before he got shot and worked over. He used to be a clean young man.”

Hilferin looked back at the two, then gave the two children a brief look before turning back to Mariel. He asked,

”How long have you know Durian?”

He watched her intently as she looked away from him.

Up at the bar, Durian thought back to his time immediately after the war in Minas Tirith. He frequented the Silver Bark Tavern, and that was where he first saw Mariel working there. He also remembered a night when she was not there, and Hilferin was there. He didn’t remember seeing them both there together. Durian asked Fahalas,

”I had no idea that the serving girl there was married. And I had no idea it was you she was married to. So why pursue her if she has no desire to be with you?”

Fahalas glanced over to where Mariel sat down with the Ranger. He looked back to Durian and said,

”She is my wife. But I did an evil thing and she will likely hate me for the rest of my days. I didn’t go to the Silver Bark when Mariel was working. I instead gambled at the White Tree Inn. It was there I met a man. Several merchants came north and west from the lands of Harad and Khand after the war. One Haradian I met had wares for sale and I bought and turned a profit selling them.”

Fahalas took a drink of ale that Durian had tapped for himfrom his firken. Durian said,

”I’m listening.” Fahalas went on,

”One night, Mariel came in to the White Tree looking for me. She was angry about something and she picked up my flagon of ale and threw it in my face before storming out the door. The Haradian laughed and asked me who she was, and I told him she was my wife. Then on that night at the Silver Bark… the one you referred to when you punched me … I was really drunk and I traded Mariel to him for that exotic dancer from Khand.”

“You what? You don’t trade people, especially to a Haradian merchant! You’re going to have a lit of explaining to do to that Ranger there when he asks you these things.”

Durian was about to punch him again but he was a bit unsteady on his feet. No wonder Mariel was running. He looked over at her and Hilferin, and decided he needed to get out of there for some air. He turned and went out the front door, and walked around the back to the well. The ground was quite wet there, and he looked around but saw nobody, so he dropped the bucket and brought u some fresh water. He splashed his face with some, and tossed some on his wounds, and had a sip. It was twilight and Durian knew it would be a long night.

In the hall, Wulgof, left as a carcass in the hall, tried to crawl away. He paused and looked at the woman who went into a nearby room, and sihed as he was pinned to the floorboards. There was no getting loose. He eyed the far end of the hallway. He tried to prop himself up, but it was no use, so he closed his eyes and tried to take a nap. Either the ranger or the shieldmaiden would return, and hopefully he can talk his way into getting unbound.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 9th, 2017, 3:18 am 
Elf
Elf

Movement outside. Freja could hear it. She froze, swallowing her tears. Humiliation again tore at her for if she were discovered like this, snivelling and wretched and wallowing in self pity...unbefitting. The Shieldmaiden pulled herself back from Béma's comforting warmth and pressed her tears aside with the backs of her hands. If she was quiet and stealthy, she might be able to slip out another way. But then, who was outside now? The witch?

Given her unsteadiness, the fact that Freja made it almost to the open door without a sound was no small accomplishment. She winced as straw crackled beneath her boots and crouched to peer through the wooden slats that comprised the walls of the stables. It was not an Elf out there but a man. He was seated on the stone lip of the well and right now, owing to her lapse in stealth, frowning at the stables.

"Who is there?" he called and Freja debated her options.

In the silence, the man pushed to his feet and turned towards the stables, "Come out! Reveal yourself now!"

She didn't want to. Not now, not like this. The man, the Ranger she had fished out of the trees earlier in the day, would see her present state. She was still soaked through, a drowned rat. She wanted no one to see her like this. Not up here, in this strange land. And then, just like that, Béma took matters into his own control as her war horse was of a mind to do every now and again. With his stall door left open, Béma trotted past Freja and right out of the stables towards the Ranger. She hissed at him to stop, which he naturally ignored for the beast could be wilful and disobedient at times. Two accusations levelled at her more than once over the years.

He trotted right up to the Ranger and nudged him with his nose.

"Someone leave your stall open, boy?" the Ranger asked as Béma nudged him again. Traitorous horse, he grinned with delight as the Ranger reached up to scratch his neck and chin.

Now what was she supposed to do? Hide behind bales of straw like a common thief? A glance through the slats confirmed that this was her only option if she was to salvage what remained of her battered dignity for the Ranger was headed for the stables. Freja threw herself towards the only shelter within the stables, her collision with the ground driving her breath from her lungs. Even so she rolled into place just as the Ranger entered the stables and all would have been well had she not bumped the stack of bales in her haste. Covered now in dirt and straw, Freja winced as the top layer of hay bales toppled to the ground.

On the other side, Béma's treachery continued for he nickered a familiar greeting and then ambled forward to mouth some of the bales Freja sheltered behind. A goodly number of Rhorric and Rhovanion curses rolled through Freja's mind as she curled herself into as tight a ball as a six foot Shieldmaiden could.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2017, 3:53 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian walked the great warhorse back into the stables, noticing he was somewhat familiar with him. He vaguely remembered riding him back to the inn. It was the shieldmaiden's horse who was taking a keen interest in some roughly treated bales of hay. The horse seemed content, even a bit playful as he kept nosing the bales as he ate. The sound of a breath trying to be held as a bale fell behind what was left of the stack alerted Durian that there was someone in them. Durian stood back far enough to watch the horse burrow through the hay. He was sure he heard some Rohirric whisper coming from the hay, and Durian suspected it was the shieldmaiden.

"Come on out my friend. I never properly thanks you for what you did for me."

The horse turned his head and gave him a nod, acknowledging his thanks.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 9th, 2017, 4:24 am 
Elf
Elf

Friend? She had none of those in this land. That much Freja knew. Still, she could linger where she was or show some courage. She did not wish to be found cowering. She did not wish to be found but done was done. Time to make a fist of things. Or so Eriwyn would observe were she there. The Shieldmaiden did her best to brace herself for the humiliation that was sure to follow and slowly unfolded herself. To her horror, she lost her balance somewhere between the ground and her full height and she was forced to reach for the only thing close to hand to steady herself. The stack of hay bales proved unequal to that task and toppled away.

Utterly disheartened, Freja's shoulders slumped as she watched them bounce over the pressed earth floor of the stables. The only shield she had left now was bravado. It had served her well in the past. The Shieldmaiden scowled at her unrepentant horse and then lifted her piercing gaze briefly to where the Ranger stood. His mouth was slightly ajar as he took in her present state and Freja's shoulders hunched as she wrapped her arms about her.

"Didn't do nothing," she muttered, her eyes bouncing to the ground again and then back to Béma, "Blackguard."

"You're bleeding,"
the Ranger said and her eyes flicked to his as her brows drew down.

Yes, she could feel it. A warm trickle down from her temple where the Dunlender had head butted her. Freja ducked her head, braids swinging forward heavy with water and the torcs clattering slightly.

"My name is Durian," the Ranger said, stepping forward.

Wary, Freja rocked back, "Hilferin's not well pleased with you."

"No,"
he sighed and then asked, "You know Hilferin?"

"Not well,"
she replied, and then softer, "Not before today."

Her mind wandered then, not uncommon after the witch had been rummaging through it, and there was a pause before Freja recalled where she was. In that time, Durian had cautiously edged closer and she eyed him.

"Friend, you said."

"Yes,"
he nodded.

"Why say such a thing? You do not even know my name."

Durian considered her for a moment and then her horse, "There are few who survived the Pelennor who do not know of you. You are a long way from home. Are you here alone?"

"Yes,"
she sighed and then wiped the blood from her face to stare at it, "I am."

PostPosted: December 9th, 2017, 3:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel glanced up at the two men at the bar then took a seat and shook her head.
"I haven't known sir Durian for very long...just a few days."
She paused for a brief moment and flicked a small smile as she realized the truth.
"Well, in truth, sir, I have seen Sir Durian a few times before...in...a few taverns."
She cleared her throat and glanced down in an attempt to hide her blush that rose to her cheeks, then looked up at the bar to see only her husband there.
She flicked her gaze back to the man in front of her as she tried not to draw attention to them.
"Forgive me, sir for asking so many questions but...may I ask when the last time was that Durian reported back to you?"

PostPosted: December 9th, 2017, 9:03 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian nodded, He understood pain. and he understood the demons of war. He said,

"Know that I have no need to know why you are here, for your reasons are your own. If you are like me, you are both running from and also seeking out something. For my part, I am glad you came along and helped me, for I'd still be laying out there by that creek even now had you not, and I thank you for that."

Durian pulled out a strip of blue cloth from his vest. He said,

"Maybe we should clean that wound properly, and maybe we can get that woman Lyiana to treat it? As for my troubles with the rangers, I do need to answer for what I have done."

Durian tried to dab the blood from Freja's temple but she flinched back and grabbed his wrist. She took the cloth from him and seemed intent on doing it herself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hilferin listened to Mariel speak, and he looked back over his shoulder when she gazed up toward the bar. Durian and Fahalas seemed to be getting on for the time being, so he kept his focus on Mariel. He locked her gaze to his as he answered her,

"I don't mind questions miss. I have many of my own. You say he met you in a tavern in Minas Tirith? It was likely after news came from the north. He changed immediately when he got it. He became despondent and dark, keeping to himself as he started frequenting the various places around Minas Tirith. I think he tried to bury the pain. He was given leave to come north, and was to meet us in Bree ere months ago. There were reports he ran off with a ranger's daughter, but it was never confirmed. What was confirmed was he had gone rogue. If he keeps his head, we can clear this up today. Maybe you can help me convince him to do so?"

He looked to the hall where he had a pinned Dunlanding, and wanted to talk to Fahalas and hear what he has to say for himself. Then he would get to Durian. He started to turn his head over his shoulder to look at the two, but Mariel tried to keep him from doing so...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 9th, 2017, 10:42 pm 
Elf
Elf

Freja pressed the cloth he had offered to her brow and eyed Durian cautiously. Catching her gaze, he had the presence of mind to step back and give her some space. What made it confusing was his kindness. She was no helpless maid in need of a rescuer. That she had not left him to bleed out in the trees did not make them friends.

”I can tend to myself,” Freja said, ”I need no healer.”

Durian thought better of arguing and observed, ”As contrary as they say of you.”

“I am not!”
Freja retorted and then, upon realising what she had just done, smiled faintly herself, ”The healer has enough on her hands…and you have tarried long enough if there is answering to do.”

Still Durian hesitated and so Freja squared her shoulders and lifted the blue cloth, ”I thank you for this, Ranger.”

He nodded and eased away for the stable doors. Freja called after him, ”Shieldmaidens run from nothing!”

Durian paused at that and looked back at her over one shoulder, ”No, I dare say not.”

With that he was gone and Freja was left to her own devices again, his words lingering. Perhaps they should run, she mused and then shook her head. No, that was not their way. In time she managed to staunch the bleeding once more and provided she did not go rolling and tumbling about, it would stay that way. Her head still pounded but that was likely to continue for some days now. She’d have to get used it and ride it out. The Shieldmaiden set herself to securing Béma in his stall again, picked out what straw she could reach from her clothing and hair and used water from the bucket outside to clean off her face and hands.

Short of a hot bath and a good night’s sleep, that was as good as it was going to get and so Freja made her way through the dying sunset for the inn, following in Durian’s wake. Once she had slipped through the door, the Shieldmaiden was scarcely noticed for those within were preoccupied. She couldn’t see Durian, yet, but Hilferin was still there with the blonde woman and the n’eerdowell husband lounged at the bar. He eyed Freja speculatively until she bared her teeth at him in a ferocious grin. In promise of what would happen should he push it, she snapped her teeth together at him and he jerked his eyes away.

Freja made her way to where the cask was, tapped herself a mug and sipped at it. From the hall Durian crept, padding over the floorboards with a Ranger’s typical stealth. Her brows climbed at that and the man at the bar gathered a breath to shout. Freja’s dagger point, honed to a very fine point, over the base of his neck changed his mind and Durian slid into place with a grateful nod. Freja sheathed the knife in her boot without a word and resumed drinking her ale from the corner of the bar.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2017, 11:27 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel lowered her gaze to the Rangers' chin as he explained his reasons for Durians' punishment.
"Of course..." She muttered at the realization of their timely encounters with each other in the various Inns and taverns.
She flicked her gaze upward as she noticed the Ranger begin to turn his head, then she instinctively reached out and touched his knee with her fingertips.
"A rangers' daughter, sir?" As she spoke, the words caused a bitter taste to her mouth.
Had Durian been lying to her about his feelings towards her?
She lifted her gaze over the Rangers' shoulder at the now seated Durian.
Could it be possible that he was using her to escape the duty that called upon him?

PostPosted: December 10th, 2017, 2:33 am 
Elf
Elf

Rin shifted in her seat to stare over at the bar despite Loch's hissed caution. The Shieldmaiden had returned to lean against the bar, sipping at her ale as she watched events in the common room. Such was the intensity of her gaze that Rin thought there was little the warrior missed. And such was the impact of her brief touch from before, there was still more the warrior hid. Buried, deep within her.

"She will see you staring," Loch growled around another mouthful of bread but right at that moment, the Shieldmaiden's attention was divided between the other two men at the bar and the woman at the table.

Rin slipped out of her chair and skipped out of her brother's reach before he could grab her. Not half way there did the warrior's attention snap onto Rin. Her eyes were the bluest Rin had had ever seen. With her imposing height, fiery hair and general bravado, many probably found her intimidating. Rin would have also, truth be told, but something about the warrior put her at ease. The Shieldmaiden studied her intently and then shot a severe warning to the man at the bar she'd held her knife to before. Then she growled something in thick Rohirric which made Rin grin. The Shieldmaiden was warning the man off. Still, she gave him a wide berth before she fetched up before the Shieldmaiden and held up Loch's pouch of raw hide.

The warrior looked down from a great height for she was very tall, lean as the spears she carried Rin thought. Her gaze was unforgiving, as blue and wide and callous as the summer sky. But as before there was something else there and Rin saw this clearly. She suspected others did not.

"This is no place for children," the Shieldmaiden observed, flicking her eyes over the common room and then back to her.

"This is yours. My brother stole it," Rin said, rising onto her toes to push the pouch higher.

The warrior looked over to where Lochared sat and Rin thought she saw a ghost of a smile. The warrior had small lines at the corners of her eyes and mouth, like she smiled a lot.

"Your brother does not appear well pleased," the Shieldmaiden observed, returning her gaze to Rin to catch her shrug.

"He should not have stolen from you."

"No, he should have selected a softer mark."

"Yes,"
Rin agreed, unabashed and this time the warrior grinned openly.

'Where is your family, girl?" she asked as she plucked the pouch out of Rin's hands.

"Gone," Rin said and the warrior held her gaze for a moment, possibly her breath too. Then she dug into a pouch at her belt, opened the pouch and dropped a handful of silver coins into it before she handed it back to Rin.

"A reward," the warrior said as Rin frowned. This woman did not have gentle eyes, though she was...well Rin thought she was pretty. Not like a flower but like a mountain. The Shieldmaiden bowed forward so that her mouth was level with Rin's ear, "If you make for Rohan again, seek out Vorda," she murmured in Rin's ear, "At Edoras. Tell her Freja sent you."

She reached for her boot and pulled out the dagger she had used against the man at the bar, "Take that with you. It is sharp. Tend it well, child, and it will serve you in return."

Then the warrior did something strange. She set her hand gently around Rin's shoulders to her back and then pressed her cheek, oddly and pleasantly soft, to Rin's. First one side and then the other. It was strangely tender even if she did not know what it meant and then Rin did something as the warrior removed her hand. She wasn't sure why, she rarely was, but she drove her fingers between the Shieldmaiden's. They were strong, tender, calloused in some places and smooth in other and a cacophony of sensation bloomed across Rin's inner eye. She saw great terror, brilliant triumph, terrible sorrow, and sparkling joy all at once.

"You will find her," she said, unsure of who or what she spoke of and the warrior recoiled as she had before. But Rin was certain now.

"You will," Rin said, released her hold of the warrior's stronger hand and returned to where Lochared was about to pitch a fit.

Freja straightened and pushed out a shivering breath before she downed her ale in one gulp. All was not lost then. All was not lost. She turned back to the cask to refill her mug, smiling to herself.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2017, 5:15 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Hilferin looked down as Mariel's hand brushed over his knee then returned his eyes to hers. He said,

"Yes miss. You will have to ask him about that. Can you help convince Durian to settle this with me, here, now? I will be indebted to you if you could. Consider it while I go talk to this Fahalas. What is Fahalas to you again?"

His hand took hers which rested on his knee under the table and he held her hand firmly as he awaited her answer.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 10th, 2017, 11:37 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(OOC: sorry, been rather busy as of late)

As the door opened once more to Kayden's room, Lyiana would find him laying on the bedroll asleep. His sleep, however, was troubled. He muttered and moaned, tossed and turned.

His breathing was heavy and he had gone into a sweat.

In his mind, there was war. Fighting filled his dreams.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2017, 9:41 am 
Ent
Ent

Mariel was out of lies; there was no way she could meander past the truth about her relationship with Fahalas and not suffer the consequences. Her muscles tensed slightly as the Ranger held onto her hand and stared unwaveringly into her eyes.
A beat passed, and she glanced over his shoulder again to look at her husband, who stood with a drink against his lips.
"I will do as you ask, sir. I will speak to Sir Durian. As for Fahalas....he is...my husband."
Her gaze returned to the deep eyes of the Ranger before her, and as he released her hand, she slowly wove her fingers together in her lap.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once she was inside the safety of Kayden's room, Lyiana noticed the uneasiness in his sleep. She carefully walked over to the chair and sat down, her eyes never leaving him.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2017, 8:59 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kayden flinched at the noise of the door, but as Lyiana sat beside him his dreams seemed to calm themselves. His heartbeat slowly calmed, his breathing eased up, and he settled in for a more comfortable sleep.

His state did not last long, however. He was so unaccustomed to sleeping in such a state that before long his eyes opened. He glanced up at Lyiana. “How long have you been here?” He asked. “Were the children cared for?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next