Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Keyo's Art::Give me a short list of good fonts for a cookie!
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 9:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

Instead of posting almost 100 banners, I think I'll just give you the link to my photobucket account. :p

http://photobucket.com/albums/c252/keyo123/

If I make new ones, I'll just post them in this thread...here are two banners I just made that aren't on my account:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2418 ... rry8vc.gif
^Might take a while to load...

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6809 ... ry25uu.gif

Criticisms, Suggestions, and Comments please! :p

edit: Oh, and if you find something that is put in the wrong category, don't be surprised. :p

Last edited by keyodie on January 10th, 2010, 3:35 am, edited 106 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 10:31 pm 

"Sexy...Sweet...Seductive": This is beautiful! I absolutely loved the arch in the background. And he looks so amazingly ....[ahem] hot! It IS a bit blurry though....it gives me a slight feeling of motion sickness...[or is that the intention?] ---

Weasley: I like how things are blended and it shows their growth through the movies. But the orange font on the bottom is hard to read...and I all I got out of it was 'since day one' and 'owned'. So....First off I noticed was "Weasleys", I didn't even notice that there was "The" at the beginning.

Lamb: This is definitely a different one, and I like it, there's alot of words, but it fits nicely. :D Some of the words you can't read but I think you can get the general idea. It's very nice.

Clarice: Good blending. Bad font choice, or blending of the font. It seems scratchy, and it doesn't blend into the picture, --- it stands out....on the "Good-bye Clarice...." you can't see the e, which looks like you're saying 'Good-by'.

Elizabethtown: I really like this one! It's a pretty cool blend, having Orlando on theh side and the picture of them together next to him, like he's remembering or even dreaming of it. [I haven't seen it]. Maybe the Elizabethtown font could be better since there's a dark spot --- but it has it's own unique nice effect to it. It makes it feel like some parts of it he remembers and some he doesn't.

Orlando Bloom: Another cool one. :D I love the font in the background wrapping around the picture, overlapping everything but his face. :D

Flashy Avatar: Interesting. :)

Elijah Wood: I absolutely adore this. The blocks and the background is fabulous and Elijah stands out nicely against it. The sparkles on the name is also VERY nice. :D

Flashy Avatar: Again, interesting.

"Still a holder of my heart.": I like it. The faded blended images is like representing the memory of the person. :D

"I love Cedric Diggory": LOVE! HEART! <3! I always love seeing this. It's so beautiful. Of course, I'm biased. :D Ceddy fan. I'm not quite sure why there's an arrow on the side but....interesting. Love the HP-ish font. :)

Kate Beckinsale: Simple representation of an actor....though in the picture in the far right looks like she's naked...which could be too much. :p

Bands: I'm not sure what to make of this....as a banner that relates to bands, it's superb, but I'm not much of a band person, I'm afraid.

Merry and Pippin: Nice banner, nicely themed for Two Towers --- though it's a bit scratchy and noisey. The picture is a bit unclear, especially edge-wise.

"One Ring to rule them all": I love the picture you used on the left hand side, but it looks like it's cut off a bit too abruptly when it's blended into the next picture. It's a great blend though and I love the eerie glow.

Hermione Granger: Beautiful! Alot different from the others since it's not regular 700 x 150, but it fits. The firefly/butterfly brush is beautiful and the font fits perfectly onto that brush. The picture on the left is good but the one on the right seems really blurry.

"We Shall Rule This Middle-Earth": I love it! It's so eerie and scary! Sauron's eye seems massive and 'in action' and the armies look like they're going to conquer :D

To be continued....

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 10:51 pm 
Istari
Istari

Wow! Thankyou so much Kitoky! *takes notes* :D Thankyou thankyou thankyou! It really helps! :hug:

I agree with you on the Clarice one...I didn't like it that much either. :p

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 12:58 am 
Istari
Istari

(Sorry for double post...)

I just made another banner:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 1:27 am 

Oh wow, those are amazing. And absolutely adorable! :D

EDIT:

Minas Morgul: This is one of your old ones isn't it? I think I've seen this one a long time ago, or perhaps I'm mistaking it for someone else's. This one's pretty interesting, the blends are odd but it fits quite well and the font for Minas Morgul is eerily awesome. :D

"Everything Beings Here": My two favorite characters from Narnia movie. :D! I'm biased! I think this banner's great ---- I like that the font flashes brightly across. :) The border is very nice but not that distinct, which is good.

Witch King: I've seen this one before, I think this was Lady Dark Moon's. I just think this banner is just so cool, it's so eerie and evil. [shivers in delight]

PotC Poster: This is pretty good, I like how you put the starrs names at the top like all the posters do. :D The arrangement of pictures are pretty symmetrical as well. :)

One Ring to Find Them: Hey! I I've seen this one before as well! This is Lady Dark Moon's.........right? [scratches head] It looks alot better when it's not .gif that's for her. Very nice. ;)

Robert Pattinson: I've definitely seen this one. Oh how popular he's gotten these days. --- Good blends, and I like the X brush there in the middle.

Brad: It's cute. Very boyish and lazy actually. :D I'm not one for lots of glittery stuff that flashes but ....actually yeah, I'm just not one for those. I like how the pictures are seperated though and I like the brush there in the background of the left picture.

Emma Watson: Ack! Emma Watson is just so pretty! :D I love the adding of flower images. The faded picture in the middle seems kinda off, it could be a little more faded because the contours you can see and I think you meant it to be in the background. The blended image on the right is kinda strange as well, since you can see the color of her skin clearly --- but it makes me think that that one is intended to be like the middle picture and was mean to be faded.

Arwen & Aragorn theme: Hmmm....a bit too many images are being blended together....You can barely make everything out....There is also a sudden change of lighting in the Arwen on the left which makes it stand out a little more, drawing the attention away from everything else.

Galadriel: Again, like the A&A banner, this banner has alot of images being blended together, and some not quite matching the brightness that the others have.

Star Wars: A New Hope: Another one of those banners where something can be ruined by blending TOO many pictures together. I can understand if this was one of your first banners --- you can't make out alot of things and it just doesn't look right.

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back: " .... " ..... "

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: Ack! Blend CENTRAL! I must admit that picture of Count Dooku is totally awesome though.

Star Wars: Phantom Menace: Hmmm....well....yeah....loads of blending....I didn't even notice Yoda and Padme in the background...

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: Blending galore! Eek!

Hobbits: Adorable banner! Though the balance of brightness and darkness is off in each hobbit, you might want to try and find the perfect level of brightness and darkness or use a color filtre.

Otto: A nicely blended banner and I like how things are laid out.

"Lord of all Horses: Nice blend ----- pretty simple, plain, but the font could be bigger ---- it seems tiny and I think it'd look better and more noticeable if it were bigger.

Cate: Hey...is this the one in your signature? Or is it a different one....Hmmm. Well it's really pretty, I like how you used a faded flower against her eyes, that's beautiful!

We Are Lost: I'm not much of a LOST watcher but I think the theme of that is brilliant. :D

We Are Lost2: What I said on the first one. :D I love the picture with Charlie and his fingers though . :D

Legolas: Hmmm, actually I don't know what to make of this because I've seen so many Legolas banners like it! I do like the shadow of the Legolas though.

Legolas2: Another nice one, I think I like this one better because it's blue themed. :D I like the two pictures, they match, but athte same time, don't match, it's cool!

Arwen Leaving: Awesome blend, it gave me the feeling of old and vintage.

Songs of Slaying: Hmm...wow this is a rare one, this is the first banner where I've seen pictures of Eowyn from that scene used as a banner --- the text is disturbing actually....The light blend in the middle though....hmm, seems out of place....I don't know if that was something you couldn't help but it's just kinda degrades hte banner a bit.

Cedric: :D Yey! Another one! This one is pretty cool, I like how the solid image of Cedric on the right stands in front of the border lines but the faded images in the background are being cut through.

Galadriel/Ring/Army: No idea what the font says.......'is the story and the lightning?' Don't know the first word though. The blend is pretty cool, and dark.

Miranda Otto: First thought that came to mind was blurry.

Pirate Dedication: Very nice blend! I've no problem with this one. :D

Evenstar: Hmm, a nice layout of the pictures and how faded which one is. I like how it gets more faded as it goes right. :) Very unique.

Arwen Undomiel: I've definitely seen this one. Very sparkly, and surprisingly the diagonal white lines works with the banner.

To Be Continued....

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 11:38 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Wow Keyo!! These are awesome!! And I thought my graphics were good!
You are very good with blending alot of pictures together though sometimes you might want to use alittle less as all the pics can become crowded...overall, terrific! :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 12:03 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

Kitoky wrote:
Minas Morgul: This is one of your old ones isn't it? I think I've seen this one a long time ago, or perhaps I'm mistaking it for someone else's. This one's pretty interesting, the blends are odd but it fits quite well and the font for Minas Morgul is eerily awesome. :D

Witch King: I've seen this one before, I think this was Lady Dark Moon's. I just think this banner is just so cool, it's so eerie and evil. [shivers in delight]

One Ring to Find Them: Hey! I I've seen this one before as well! This is Lady Dark Moon's.........right? [scratches head] It looks alot better when it's not .gif that's for her. Very nice. ;)

yes, many of the villians ones she made for me :D

ah, that Cedric Diggory one was made by you. and a bunch of others as well. I finally know who made them!

you're very good at blending, but the colors on a few of them are a bit intense. all I can say is that you've improved IMMENSELY since you first started making banners and that I sincerely think you're one of the best graphic makers on this forum.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 12:24 pm 
Istari
Istari

^lol wow. Seriously?

New avvies:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by keyodie on December 18th, 2005, 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 12:41 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Wow, your avatars are great!! The coloring is just right...I agree with Lady Dark Moon on you being one of the greatest graphic makers on the forum. :) You've helped others (like me) improve too.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 5:04 pm 
Istari
Istari

I love your avatars, especially the Claire one that you're using as your own at the moment--it looks very proffessional!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 7:11 pm 
Istari
Istari

Thanks!! :)

New stuff:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 8:56 pm 

Oh wow, you do great animal banners. :)

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 9:31 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

I tell you, you're brilliant at blending. if those are for Chazhound, they're a far cry waaaaaay better than the ones I first watched you make. (<-- a compliment by the way. :P)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 24th, 2005, 8:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lady Dark Moon wrote:
I tell you, you're brilliant at blending. if those are for Chazhound, they're a far cry waaaaaay better than the ones I first watched you make. (<-- a compliment by the way. :P)

lol yeah. You know what my very first banner was? I made it with paint. I took a landscape, put words on it, and thought that was sooo cool. lol.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 25th, 2005, 4:52 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I gotta say...WONDERFUL

Personally I don't wanna critique your work at all...the few things I have seen that I would have changed you already realized :-D

Plus I must add that Gandalf Banner is my Favorite....love the colors and the blend work.....Many Pats on back :)

<cheers>

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2005, 8:56 pm 
Istari
Istari

New Blends:

Last edited by keyodie on February 23rd, 2006, 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next