Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: My mother does not like The Lord of the Rings...
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2005, 2:47 pm 

Two days ago, we were talking and The Lord of the Rings came up (I was on this site) and she said, I quote, "I don't like Lord of the Rings. It's just Hollywood hype."

:annoyed:

What a great thing to say about something that means so much to so many... Of course I was offended and retaliated by saying The Lord of the Rings is very old. She shrugged it off, but I won't ever forget what she said that night.

:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2005, 2:51 pm 
Istari
Istari

My mom dosen't either, but she dosen't care. She just dosen't like fantasy stories. They're too hard to comprehend for her, i guess.

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2005, 1:56 am 

Well, my mother still hasn't seen the movies and she really dosen't want so (I can feel it!) but the problem is that she hates fanasy, so she dosen't like the books either. I'm so sad about it, she just dosen't understand the magic of J.R.R.Tolkien...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2005, 3:12 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I know what you mean, my dad and his side of the family all hate fantasy and ANYTHING with imagination like LOTR etc, and I could scream when they say it's trash right to my face. Way to encourage your kids!!!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2005, 7:29 am 
Istari
Istari

Now I can see how lucky I am! My mother likes LotR very much, we always watch the movies together. My father is not only a movie fan, but he likes the books too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2005, 9:59 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I've been trying to get my mom to watch them for ages, but she never has time, though I know she wants to. We started FotR once, but it was late, and she fell asleep by the Party scene. :closedeyes:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2005, 10:44 pm 
Vala
Vala

Well my family has seen the movies and they seem to think that they were okay, but no one loves LotR like I do. I'm the only person in my family, and even in my group of friends that owns the movies and has read LotR. I'm all alone with my obsession :'( That's why I come here :)

My mom actually said "Who's Gollum" about a week ago when she came into the room while I was watching LotR. Clearly nothing she saw sunk in, and there's no way she's ever going to read the books. She told me that she tried to when she was younger but she couldn't get into them. Me and her, we're a lot different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2005, 10:54 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

My parents both read the books when they were young and loved them, so Lord of the Rings was always around me when I grew up.

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2005, 6:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

My parents like LotR. My mom introduced me to the books, and my whole family likes the movies. I think I'm the most obsessed, though. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 3:16 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

my dad watches the movies with me and likes them but my mom doesn't like them and can't relate to them. i'm the only one who really loves them, though, but i'm reading the books to my younger brother. He likes it too, but i wish my mom would like it and really watch it with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 3:22 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

well my Dad kind of likes them-only if he gets into a certain mood does he not--my Mom isn't really interested but me and my sisters did finally talk her into seeing RotK on New Years with us-she watched FotR too-but she never made it through TTT--she's not against it-but it's kind of hard for her to follow sometimes I think-but she isn't unkind about me and my sibs liking it-she understands that its something that we enjoy-

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 5:43 pm 

Quote:
We started FotR once, but it was late, and she fell asleep by the Party scene. :closedeyes:

I tried the same!! And my mother fell asleep by the Council of Elrond :)! I woke her up with a scream 'What are you doing are you normal?!' - lol I got so mad :throw:!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 5:53 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

my parents kinda like it...all of us have seen the movies, but my sisters and I are the only ones that read the books.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 6:00 pm 

My family likes the movies as far I as know, but they really think I over do it. :P I took my mom serveral days to watch it. She stopped it because she got scared when the Nazgul came and when she though Saruman killed Gandalf. (when he was hurdling towards the ceiling). :disgust: I don't think anyone in my family's read the books...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 5:04 pm 
Elf
Elf

Nobody in my family likes LotR at all. :blink: My mom hates fantasy (she threw away a poster of a unicorn I bought when I was 7!) and my dad doesn't really care. But I hardly ever like any movies my mom takes me to so we're pretty different in tastes. :confuzzled: So I'm basically alone. That's why I came here!! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2005, 7:46 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

My dad thinks it's okay, my mom hates it and sees my obsession as a form of devil worship. :confused2:

Thanks to Ororuthiel for the banner.
Avi by Aly at http://www.pisgah.org/silver-glass/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next