Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [Spoiler Discussion]
PostPosted: July 16th, 2005, 10:35 pm 

July 16th, 2005. The day in which 70 million Harry Potter books had been sold all around the world. (If I'm not mistaken or if my sources are wrong.)

This is a spoiler thread, intended for discussion, thoughts, theories, about the 6th Harry Potter book.

You Are Warned.

Anything you read further from this point on will be solely because you do not care about getting major spoilers and/or you read upon your own will.

No one in that posts in this thread will be blamed/accused of spoiling anything due to a slow reader, lazy reader, or just plain lazy.

If you do not wish to read any further about the book please proceed to use the pretty Back Space button on your browser.

Thank you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What do you all think of the first two chapters? More specifically the second chapter, Spinner's End? Do you think it's just to throw us off and make us THINK that about Snape, that he's been like this the whole time?

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Last edited by Kitoky on January 25th, 2010, 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 12:32 am 

Whoa. :blink: :blink: :blink: I really enjoyed the first chapter. SO amusing, I really loved it. The second chapter was really, really intriguing. Not until the first time Harry saw the notes in the Potions book, did I think something was up with Snape. But in the second chapter, I really felt something was off. That, something really was up with Snape. That he really wasn't pretending there...Anyways. I finished about an hour ago...I don't really have much to say. I'm still kind of in awe, but not about...um, Dumbledore. I kind of figured that was coming. Some things really threw me off guard...but. I really, really enjoyed it. But the thing with Tonks and Lupin...made me squeam like a little girl... :blush: I thought it was SO cute! Ah ha ha ha. So . . .

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 3:41 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

im raging hermione and ron still havnt officially got together :annoyed2: stupid ron goes and messes up what he had going for him well actually it was ginnys fault :annoyed:
if they actually do what they say they will in the end of the book the next ones going to be reallt different what im i gonna do for the rest f my life when it comes out it will be all over :'(

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 9:02 am 
Futon-Revolutionist
Futon-Revolutionist

Well, I have to say that I saw Dumbledore's fate and the identity of the prince coming :confused:, even though I didn't read the last book,
I don't know if I'll read this one either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 10:10 am 
Istari
Istari

The second chapter was intriguing, but the thing that made me happiest was Harry and Ginny finally getting together. It was only for a few weeks, but when Harry kissed her I though 'About time!'

After reading the second chapter I knew that Snape would be having a very important role nearer the end, but I didn't guess he would end up being the Half-Blood Prince. But I DID guess that the HBP would be a close follower of Voldemort, who Voldemort treated like a son. After all, Voldemort is the most important Half-Blood in the series, so the Half-Blood Prince would have to be someone who was like a son to him. But I never guessed that it would be a) Snape and b) that he would be so important in the story, before I read it!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 1:53 pm 

Whooa! Snape was the Half Blood Prince? Sweet.

Yeah. I never saw the movies, read the books..I'm pretty much just telling everyone DumbleDore died...Either they gasp in horror, or cry. 0_0

I'm weird like that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 2:48 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

aww your so mean i was accidentally told whic really annoyed me

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 4:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lol Eowyn, gutted! Nah I'm joking.

Yesh, Rumil, Snape, the greasy-haired beak-nosed fool who probably has B.O. was the HBP. Sorry, I don't like Snape much.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 5:43 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Oh, man. I don't really know what to say. I have to admit, I mostly trusted Snape because Dumbledore did. Although there are theories flying around that Dumbledore had prearranged it with Snape and that the "pleading" was not for his life but for his death. Or perhaps Snape had told Dumbledore about the Unbreakable Vow.

I'm just elated that the Hermione-is-deathly-afraid-of-flying mindset has been blown to pieces...it cropped up too much in fanfiction. Not to mention that she's flown before. She's just not good at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 8:33 pm 
Maia
Maia

i have a couple theories...

1) Snape gave Narcissa and Bella Veritaserum when he gave them the wine, due to he smiled when they drank it and he encouraged them to drink it
2) I am not sure about Snape but i think he is good because in the 4th book remember Dumbledore said "Severus, you know what you have to do." (i dont think that is the exact quote but close enough)
3) Tonks new Patronus is a dog due to Sirius
4) Dumbledore may die i dont know yet seeing as i am a slow reader and are only on chapter 11
5) Draco's mission might be to kill harry or dumbledore

Hello, I'm Amoniel
[/font]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 9:52 pm 

Hey okay, I'm not going to read the book yet because I haven't finished the 5th but could you please tell me EVERYTHING that happens? Pretty please??? Thanks! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 10:15 pm 

Ororuthiel wrote:
Lol Eowyn, gutted! Nah I'm joking.

Yesh, Rumil, Snape, the greasy-haired beak-nosed fool who probably has B.O. was the HBP. Sorry, I don't like Snape much.

Ha ha ha. I have to agree with you on the B.O., however I always liked Snape...I don't know why. And well, I'm kinda torn on whether or not he really is with Voldermort. I mean he very well could be. But yeah, the whole pleading thing was strange, and made no sense. I don't know why Dumbledore would really crumple at the sight of Snape...I mean, come on! But I have to say, I actually felt really bad for Malfoy. I've never hated him, of course not (I at one time had a theory about him and Hermione...:P) I actually liked his character, but I felt really bad for the kid. And I was really happy about Ginny and Harry.

Well, I'm re-reading it...very slowly this time. Catch anything I missed. Then I plan on reading the others...for research...ha ha ha! I can't wait for numero siete! WOO!

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 1:23 am 
Elf
Elf

i cant believe dumbledore is dead....... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: i cant believe jk rowling killed him. i knew it was coming though. its still sad. and from the second chapter, i knew snape was bad. i was hoping that he was tricking bellatrix and narcissa, but i knew he couldnt fool lord voldemort. and i NEVER saw it coming that he was the half blood prince. im also kinda mad at harry for breaking it off with ginny. i know he's just looking out for her but if she wants to be with him , then its her choice. just like with tonks and lupin (i think they make a cute couple) and with bill and fleur. and why should he allow ron and hermione to stick by him but not ginny? i hope he comes to his senses. im glad that they got together though. and im also a little surprised that ron and hermione didnt get together yet. overall, i thought it was a great book! much different than her other books, but still great.

[/font]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 9:13 am 

:jawdrop: OH MY GOSH!!! HOW DOES DUMBLEDORE DIE!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 9:23 am 
Elf
Elf

Location: Go ahead and guess.. Here's a clue: I'm somewhere on earth

I NEVER thought it Dumbledore would die in this book! I knew someone Harry knew from the 1st book would die (Jk said that somewhere) but I never thought it would be Dumbledore! I was completly shocked! Like Linwe I can't believe JK killed him! :surprise:

And then Snape! HIM the HBP?! Now that I've finished the book.. I dunno but I never thought Snape would be the HBP..
I think Snape is really on Voldemorts side after all.. I mean if he wasn't would he do that Unbreakable Vow?! So let's say he did it so he won't blow his cover but how can he kill Dumbledore to save his own life! (apparently if you broke the Unbreakable Vow you would die) That traitor is certainly on Voldemorts side!

And does anyone think that Draco would turn to the good side? He was afriad of killing Dumbledore, wasn't he? And I think he's terrified of Voldemort right now.. So I dunno it seems a bit crazy.. but would he turn to the good side?

Also I found the romance in the book too much.. don't you think? It was enough Harry kissed Cho in OOTP but now everyone's kissing everyone else!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 11:53 am 
Mageling
Mageling

AS SOON AS I GET MY HANDS ON - !!!!! UGH GRRR... GAH.....

I CAN'T BELIEVE DUMBLEDORE DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *BEEP* *BEEP*

I mean, JK Rowling has this thing with deaths ever since the Goblet of Fire. I never saw Sirius's death coming (I'm still holding a grudge that he didn't come back to life even though I knew it was impossible) and I never even THOUGHT that Dumbledore would die! Dumbledore, of all people! like, one of my favorite constants who's been there since the first book!!!! :annoyed: :jawdrop: :explode: >:( :vampire:

as if Sirius's death weren't enough.... it was the only thing I could think about for like a month....

and Snape being the Half-Blood Prince... hmm not that big of a surprise though I admit I thought it was Voldemort at first

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next