Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Faramir, Boromir and Denethor in Osgiliath
PostPosted: October 27th, 2006, 8:33 am 
Balrog
Balrog

The scene of Osgiliath recaptured by Boromir and of course even though it is short and nice, watch the video and tell me what you think about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqXl5ebNeqA

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2006, 4:55 pm 
Elf
Elf

YES! i love that part!!!!!!!!! he's so loving to his brother! you'd think he'd be spoiled from his dad, but he's really nice and loyal and just plain friendly! :)
but i hated it when Denethor kept on putting Faramir down! I mean, he's awesome! he deserves way more than he gets from his own father! but i really like that scene, but it's sad when Boromir leaves. i really like that scene

Hannon Le,everyone for the banners! :)
Married Khamûl on January the 26th, 2007:bones:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 12:25 am 
Maia
Maia

Oh my, AWESOME scene there!I love it because it shows how noble and honorable Boromir really was!

*sniffle*

And the way he sticks up for Faramir is amazing... I think it shows how truly great he was at heart.

But then, one cannot help but feel deeply for the forgotten Faramir. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 2:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

I think Boromir is a great kinda guy. Thats a man who I would like to be brothers with lol. Denethor didnt like Frarnir because he reminded Denethor of his Wife b4 she died lol.

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 4:52 am 
Balrog
Balrog

indeed I wanted to be a brother of him. That scene is really awasome especially when he said "for Gondor". The crowd is getting crazier. Denethor needless to say that he has made a great mistake by sending Boromir away. That caused Gondor collapse quicker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 6:58 am 
Maia
Maia

yeah... Boromir definately is a great big brother to Faramir. He knows that Denethor prefers him, but he's trying to get Denethor to like Faramir as well. If I had an older brother I would want him to do that for me.

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 1:08 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

I doubt that even Boromir, mighty warrior as he was, could have stopped the assault of the enemy on Osgilliath. Also, I dont think Faramir would have tried to take the ring forom Frodo like Boromir did. We cant say 4 certain what would have happened if their places were switched. I am only speculating lol.

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 5:46 pm 

^^ It would be interesting thought.. I agree, Faramir wouldn't have taken the Ring, not even to satisfy is father.

I always think this scene to be heartbreaking. Denethor is so cruel to Faramir. I'm glad Boromir stood up for him..

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 7:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

Denethor didnt even bring up the fact that Faramir had tried to stand his ground and that he preserved many of his mens lives by pulling back and awaiting reinforcements. He just brought up his failings.
The horrible old man.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 3:35 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Yeah makes me sick either the relationship between them. It is a horrible thing if you do not see any support from your father that you are succeded the job. So Faramir did not even believe he is succeded but Boromir did believe. It was clearly obvious when the crowd yelled Boromir

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 8th, 2006, 6:27 pm 

and why is boromir so much better anyway? they're different because?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 8th, 2006, 6:56 pm 
Istari
Istari

I spose,as is said in the books, men did not believe a man could be wise and yet a mighty leader in battle. Also the nature of Faramirs service, as the captain of the rangers, a force which relies on ambush and secret arrows seems less glorious than being th ecaptain of the White tower, leading heavy gondorian infantry in a frontal charge and destroying them in this manner.I think that anyway......
Faramir is still very cool......

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2006, 8:47 pm 
Elf
Elf

yeah, he's awesome! i think eowyn and him are a great couple! :) :hug:

Hannon Le,everyone for the banners! :)
Married Khamûl on January the 26th, 2007:bones:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2006, 4:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

Yeah, they just seem to go so well together, like aragorn and arwen, Beren and Luthien, Tuor and idril and Starsky and Hutch ( well, maybe not the last one so much lol.)
They are a good couple tho..

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2006, 10:56 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Great scene! If i had an older brother I would like to be like him. And Denethor... I don't like him from the begining

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2006, 1:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

The actor who plays him, John Noble I think really pulls off Denethor really well. His amanner is so abrasive, just like Denethors.