Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 21st, 2006, 11:14 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

lol what does biased mean? I'm sometimes afraid to show people I'm reading Tolkien's books.. but I've decided not to. :D

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 21st, 2006, 11:28 am 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

Biased means unfairly partial too, therefore you are not able to give a fair and accurate judgment of something. what I meant was that, I am obsessed with LOTR, so I can't really be fair when I say that LOTR is a healthy obsession, since I am obsessed with it.
You shouldn't be afraid to let people know you're reading Tolkien. Once again, you should be proud. There's absolutely noting wrong with it. in fact, it's an admirable thing, not one you should be ashamed of. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 21st, 2006, 6:10 pm 
Elf
Elf

that's cool! i totally agree! i almost didn't read LotR for my english because i didn't want to show my teacher the book, buuuuuuuut i convinced myself to so i did and now i'm not afraid to express myself in school the fact that i like or love lotr! :) yay! Tolkien Rox!

Hannon Le,everyone for the banners! :)
Married Khamûl on January the 26th, 2007:bones:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 5:22 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

My sister came into her room, where our computer is, and I didn't want her to come and see what I was writing about so I'll continue the last post now: But then I decided not to be. I don't care what other people think of LotR, or my obsession. It's just I used to be afraid someone would start teasing me about being a LotR addict, because that happened to my friend (who's a classmate of mine) because she's totally obsessed with Harry Potter.. I have a picture of Jack Sparrow and Will Turner from PotC 1 in my english writing journal, and Kasper who used to sit beisde me started to tease me of that. My class's boys like LotR because of the fighting scenes, but only one has read the book. there are several girls (but no more than 5, I think) that have read it.. but no one likes it as I do. So I'm quite alone with it, but I've used to it, and I have LotR geek friends outside from school, so I'm quite satisfied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 10:33 am 
Elf
Elf

Eärlinde Elensar wrote:
My sister came into her room, where our computer is, and I didn't want her to come and see what I was writing about so I'll continue the last post now: But then I decided not to be. I don't care what other people think of LotR, or my obsession. It's just I used to be afraid someone would start teasing me about being a LotR addict, because that happened to my friend (who's a classmate of mine) because she's totally obsessed with Harry Potter.. I have a picture of Jack Sparrow and Will Turner from PotC 1 in my english writing journal, and Kasper who used to sit beisde me started to tease me of that. My class's boys like LotR because of the fighting scenes, but only one has read the book. there are several girls (but no more than 5, I think) that have read it.. but no one likes it as I do. So I'm quite alone with it, but I've used to it, and I have LotR geek friends outside from school, so I'm quite satisfied.

i hate that! i have notebooks and folders of PotC and some of the guys think it's so dumb and pointless. it's so annoying. i think they're just jelous because they're not as hot as will and jack are! :) hehehe jk. but some of my friends have made fun of me a little, like about the pics on my locker or my binder,but they have learned to live with my obsession. :happy: i've even convinced one of my friends to watch the movie i think.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 12:59 pm 
Vala
Vala

Good for both of you! I learned the hadr way not too care about what other people think. Yes, I love LOTR. Yes, I love POTC. Yes, I am myself. People just have to learn to love me in spite of that. The worthwhile ones will love me because of it.
(By the way, I have a POTC book cover with Will and Jack, which I love.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 6:07 pm 
Elf
Elf

OMgoodness! me 2! but all my books are too big! :closedeyes: whaaa. there should be LotR notebooks etc.!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2006, 7:08 pm 
Vala
Vala

I know! Now that the LOTR fad is over, there's no LOTR school supplies or t-shirts or memorobilia. :( I wish there was. I had to make my own LoTR t-shirt the last time I needed one and I accidentally burned myself on the iron in the process. (Don't ask) But yes, I definitely wish there was more LOTr stuff out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2006, 9:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

When the movies first came out I have to admit that I thought they were just stupid fighting movies with a hint of Hollywood style but I changed my mind. ;)
Well, my mom is really good about that kind of thing. Allmost anything that I get really into she'll at least talk to me about and give it a chance. However the first time we watched the movies we watched them back to back to back (well...we did stop for 5 hours of sleep :blush: ) and she got mad in the 3rd one and said, something like, "Are they ever going to stop fighting?! Oh, no not another battle! Please somebody put a stop to the fighting! Please end, movie!". :lol: She actually cheered in the 3rd one went off. :lol:
Most of my family is pretty into LotR except my grandmothers who think that they're way to hard to understand and maybe some of my cousins. As far as my freinds outside of this site go I haven't seen any of them since my LotR obsession began. So I don't realy know what their take on it is.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 5:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

oh! today some of my friends kept on quoting "It's October the 24th if you want to know" and stuff! it was funny. I haven't asked any of my cousins about LotR. but i never see most of them, and they are all way older than me, or way younger.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 5:38 pm 
Elf
Elf

oh! today some of my friends kept on quoting "It's October the 24th if you want to know" (Gandalf~FotR) and stuff! it was funny. I haven't asked any of my cousins about LotR. but i never see most of them, and they are all way older than me, or way younger.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 12:18 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

My cousin Kalle likes LotR but he's not obsessed. I think he likes the movies because they have lots of cool fighting in them. my other cousin Henri hasn't seen the movies (I think) but he likes to buy miniatures of gondorian (etc.) soldiers and paint them. he has a bunch of paint bottles, I almost laughed when it said: mithril silver because the paint was silver. and one of them said elf flesh lol. you might wonder what color that was. it was - umm - a mixture of peach and light skin color. funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 8:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

I have lots of friends that like lotr but they aren't obsessed, makes me feel kinda lonely. then i come here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2006, 7:49 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

My mum is about as obsessed with it as I am which is cool because she was up for taking me to the movies five or six times each time one came out and whenever I want to watch it she'll agree with me and my sister has to just be content XD.

My dad doesn't like it, but he's not one for fantasy or sci-fi, he's very much down to earth :D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2006, 6:49 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

My mom watched the three movies because she knew how much LOTR meant and means to me.
She has even tried to read The Hobbit.
But the thing is... She doesn't like fantasy...

She admits it's a wonderful movie, and she even cried at the end of the return of the king, but she doesn't care about 'em anymore. She watched 'em once and she doesn't think about it now

The thing is... she doesn't like Fantasy. She can't help!

I'm quite sad she doesn't understand why I feel so familiar with LOTR, why my heart is so linked to middle earth. But well she tried at least!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2006, 8:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

My mom saw the first movie in theaters and she thought it was okay, but I think it was too dark for her. She said she wouldn't have let me go see it when it first came out even if I had wanted to (I was about 9 or 10) so it's just as well I didn't become interested until a few years after they'd all come out on DVD. She said she wouldn't mind if I owned the extended editions but she's probably not going to buy them for me...oh well.

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next