Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

How are My Characters?
Great! Descriptive, creative, realistic, fun, and original. 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Good. Creative, easy to realate to.. But, not so original. 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
You could do much better, try adding some touches, and make it more of you own. 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Not so good, Mary-Sue and dull. 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Horrible. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Star_Gazer's Characters
PostPosted: October 27th, 2006, 4:24 pm 
Maia
Maia

The Fourth Age

Name: Aearion Útíradien
Race: Elf, Silvan

Appearance: He is tall, With long blonde hair braided as the elves usally do. He has a lean build and a gentle and yet stern and serious face. He also has bright green eyes, but they do not focus on anything, because he is blind. Thought most do not notice, Aearion has faint scars that run slanted across his face, and over his eyes.

Garb: Mostly that of the Mirkwood elves, greens and browns. Though he does use many disguses to get around sometimes.

History: When Aearion was an infant, he and his mother, Véredhiel were captured by the residence of Dul Guldor, where Sauron's minions tortured his mother for information that she did not have, and ended up permanently blinding Aearion for his mother's scilence. After they were found by a scouting party, they were brought back to Greenwood where Aearion made a full recovery, save his blindness. But his mother was too far gone, and passed into the halls of mandos. After the death of his wife, Sadron, Aearion's father, sailed to The undying lands, where he was sure he would find his wife. When he left, Sadron left his young son with Nestarion, a good friend and a healer. As he grew older, Aearion began to cope with his blindness and blocked out the teasing from all of the other elflings. Though one Elf did not blame him for his disability -- Legolas Greenleaf, the prince, accually admired Aearion for living life so fully, even when blind. Now as an adult, Aearon has long been friends with the prince and has learned to fight -- but only when needed, as it is hard to fight blind. His guardian, Nestarion has taught Aearion all his life in the healing arts, and he has done quite well. (bad ending I know...sorry.)

Siblings: none
Spouse: none
Children: none
Mother: Véredhiel (deceased)
Father: Sadron (Sailed)
Guardian: Nestarion

The Chronicles of War

Name: Tynel (TIE-nel) but he mainly goes by 'Ty'
Race: Elf
Appearence: http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/Ketral_fan/Ty.jpg
Faction(Exile or Usurper): Born Exile, Raised Usurper
Attire(style of dress): Mainly Green, very dark green
Weapons: Two long, thin, hook-like knife-swords that he wears on his back, and a knife.
History: Tynel was born in the Ursurper territory when his parents were captured, after strong winds and fog led their boat to the shore. The Ursurpers let him live, and trained him to hate the Exiles, and how to fight. But as he grew older, Tynel started to doubt their intentions, and while when someone was watching him, he did as he was taught and told to do, but whenever he got the chance, he searched for information on his his deceased parents whom he never knew and on the Exiles, and then he found out who he really was. He then ran away and planned to somehow get to the Exiles hidden islands and go to where he belonged. He is currently in hiding along the coast.

DIVIDED

Name: Avalyn
Race: Forest Nymph
Appearance: Tall, strongly build, but skinny. Long, straight blonde hair that almost goes down to her waist - most of the time it is back in a long braid. Bright, unmistakable green eyes. She mostly wears simple dresses, or a tunic and leggings. Which are mainly greens and very light browns.
Personality: Less mysterious than most nymphs, mischievious, joyful, and yet very serious at the same time. Is very humorous and very outgoing
Weapons: When needed, she has a long, one-handed elvish sword
Powers/Element: Forest nymph powers
Loyalty: Rebel
History: Unknown

A Strange World

Name: Karara (Ka-RAR-a)
Species: Lion[ess]
Appearence: Uh, just like any lioness, but a bit bigger and more golden brown than yellow. And bright yellow/green eyes.
Personallity: Kind and loving to friends, but feared by others. Is a nateral watch-dog like companion.

Star Crystal ~ A Dragon RPG

Name: Yira
Allegience: Renagade
Appearence: http://www.wocillo.com/images/whitedragon.jpg
Dragon Name: Sorac
History: Yira was born in a small clan of tundra-dwelling nomads, and was raised and taught to fear dragons, but she did not listen to the teachings that her father and mother forced upon her, and continued to adore the beutiful creatures. He father and mother died in a plague that passed through their village, and she fled so that she would not share her parent's fate. She then met Sorac, who was beaten and abused, by whom she did not know. She soon befriended the somewhat-kindly dragon, and soon became a dragon rider.

The War of Dominance

Name: Vennir
Allegiance(whether allied with one of the four major Kingdoms, or allied with the Rebels): Rebel
Personality: Mwahaha! You shall have to find out yourselves...
Appearance: Tall, bright blue eyes, long black hair that goes about half a foot below his shoulders.
Skills(any special non-magical abilities, only if applicable): Has a photographic memory
Magic wielder(yes or no): yes
Talents(inborn abilities, limit of three): can create and control water, air, and earth
Weapons: A long broadsword - when needed. Usually he fights with elements.
Attire: Mainly blue, or greyish blue.
History(optional): Unknown

The Child Time has Forgotten

Name: Jezvar (Jez for short)
Race: Ikreai
Appearence: Tall, lean (alot of people call him scranny - he hates that term) Dark brown hair that is just long enough to pull into a ponytail, though some falls down beside/infront of his eyes. and silver eyes, as all Ikreai have
Personality: Rebelious, inventive. Good, sometimes wry sense of humor
Clothing: He wears pretty much anything, but mostly brown pants and shirt, with a darker brown vest
History: Unkown, as he hides it. Though some do know that he was raised in a rather poor home
Home: Ikrean
Gift: Has electrical abilities. For example, can shut down a ship (of reasonable size) with a touch of the hand and some consentration.

Ikrean inherits its name from the one who discovered the planet. Ikreai were plentiful throughout the galaxy until all either died, or traveled to the planet Ikrea. They were known as Hentira, until they were only living on Ikrean, where they became known as Ikreai, adapting the name from the planet. Ikrean is hostile and harsh to those that do not know it, for it can be both jungle and tundra within a matter of miles. Ikreai have developed 'bases' or oiasis that prevent too many deaths amoung their population, and anyone who is a friend.

Ikeains are a quite pecular people, very united with each other, no matter who they are and what station they are at. They age such as humans, until they are around the age of 35, or 38 - more accuratly. From there they do not age in appearence, but inside, they know when it they age, even if it does not show. They live to be around 800, 900, sometimes 1000 yeas old before they go off peacfully into a forest or jungle and pass from the world. They also all posses eerie silver eyes. Many say that the eyes are the window to the soul, but if a non-ikreain was to look into the eyes of a ikeain, the ikreain would be able to show them much, much more than just their soul. (Think about Galadriel's mirror! :P ) Though many victims of such happenings are too frightened about the subject to speak of it. The ikreai also are reserved - the majority of them anyway, Jezvar, for an example, is a clear exeption. But all of them are wary of other races, respectfull, but wary. And they have not had dealings with them for many years...

Name: Lord Dricyn Bochendir (RANDOM name)
Age: about 63, although he denies it and claims it to be nobody's buisness
Race: Human
Appearence: Tall, hunched, wiry. Although none of this hinders his strength. white hair, although he is not missing all of it, he dosn't have that much. He ussally wears a long, once-was majestic black robe, that is now tattered and torn, along with dirt and wear around the hems.
Personality: Can be percieved as a weak old man, or as a phsyco overlord wanna be, but is really a tyrant. He is far, far darker than anyone can ever imagine.
Gift (or curse to the rest of the free world...): Is able to reverse other's powers and use them for his own benefit, that is, if he knows what their power is. He can read minds, and if the subject is weak enough or confused enough, he is able to change their mind in such a way to change who they are loyal to, what kind of logic they use, and how they percieve other people.

Old Tales & Broken Oaths

Name: Rivhon (riv-ON)
Race: human
Appearance: Straight, jet black hair that is regularly cut, but is still long enough to almost go past his ears and sometimes eyes. Light brown eyes, in contrast to his sister's darker brown ones. Tall and lean in build, due to his constant training.
Personality: Very quiet and introvent, but headstrong and stubborn underneath, if anyone were to upset him. He will always act and stand up for what he believes in. He loves his sister, and is a bit over protective, as most older brothers are, and tries his best to keep her out of sticky situations, and also has a tendency to ward off men that wish to court her.
Weapons: Quite usless with a sword, but is quick and deadly with a bow and arrow, along with a quarter-staff, though bow and arrow are preferred over the two.
Skills: Has an uncanny ability to mask his emotions, and can also run very fast.

The Next Generation

Name: Shven
Appearance: Short, amber brown hair, greyish-green eyes, lean, tall, but not overly so. Thin, difined face along with long legs.
Weapons: A yew bow, along with grey-fletched arrows. And a knife
Dragon: Famale, Saphira(Namsake of Eragon and Brom's dragons[obviously]) With saphire blue scales
Family: Roran(father) Katrina(mother)
Personality: Very steady in what he knows to be right and true, and yet is unstable in the world around him. His dragon helps him with this, even though he is constantly isisting that he is able to care for himself. He can get quite cocky, as all teenage boys can, though is quite lost in many politcal affairs.
History: Grew up in Cavahall. (Boring, but REALLY basic. )

The Elements

Name: Khienro
Appearence:Tall, strong, lean build, really bright blue eyes(if this sounds MS, I am basing it mildly off someone I know, so...) And light brown tossled hair, cut short. (I was thinking of what Obi-Wan looks like in Ep. 1 for some reason, it that helps at all...)
Personality: Kind, though can be quite grumpy in bad situations, does as told without question, unless he feels agaist it, and is also quite sensative to change, as well as everthing around him.
Ocupation: Blacksmith apprentice.
History: Was raised in a small, poor village, and when he was around the age of 11, his father was taken away from him and his mother, due to the fact that his family could not pay their taxes, and then, when he turned 12, a local blacksmith took pity on the family and took him in as an apprentice, so that he could make an income for he and his mother.
Weapons: Is very experienced with swords, axes and knives, due to his years as a blacksmith. But he has almost no knowledge of bows, as they have no metal parts, save the arrow tips.

And Legends Became Real...

Name: Kjiro [Pronounced 'SHEER-o']
Appearance: Not overly tall, actually rather short, black hair, silver/bluish eyes, lean, very tan skin.
Attire: Brown pants that reach just above his akles, which have been worn down through the years, and a loose white shirt, the sleeves are more often than not rolled up to his elbows. And old, worn leather mocasin(sp) type shoes.
Personality: Quiet, smart, and can get a bit snappy at times. Very queer sense of humor. (lol, my humor)
Weapons: A one sided sword and a long bow.
History: Was born and raised between the forest and desert of Jaerim. Is a hunter for his village.
Exalted or Gifted(one or the other. If neither, leave blank): Gifted
Abilities(for Gifted, two maximum. Exalted, there is no limit): Telepathic

Name: Landen
Appearance: Tall, lean, short brown hair, green eyes.
Attire: Ussually brown leather pants, and a loose green shirt.
Personality: Tries to be very respectable, can be quite the gentleman, if he wants to be. Has a good sense of humor, apreciates respect.
Weapons: A long broadsword.
History: Unknown
Exalted or Gifted(one or the other. If neither, leave blank): Exalted
Abilities(for Gifted, two maximum. Exalted, there is no limit): Telekenesis, Mind Control, Telepathy
Counterpart(for Exalted only): Raina

Unkown Power - The Ignae Kiani

Name: Suakii
Race: Ikreain
Loyalty: Unkown
Appearence: Tall, skinny, silver eyes, as all Ikreai have, long striaght black hair and pointed ears, once again, an Ikreain trait.
Personality: You shall find out...
Weapons: Bow and arrows
History: Listed in plot...
Powers: Is able to shoot fire out of her fingertips, as well as freeze things solid. In contrast her opposite powers, she is also self-conflinting.
Weaknesses: Is very unstable near a wild fire, as her fire powers need more oxygen than she herself does, and when there is a large fire, it eats all of it up, leaving her unconcious. She also has a pressure point at the top of her neck, behind her head. That, if pressed will set her in a mental breakdown state, leaving her mind open for prying, and if a person is able to use magic,his is able to remove, add, or change any thoughts, perceptions and memories.

Before Their Time ~ A Star Wars RPG

Name: Naru Kara
Affiliation: Jedi
Height: 5'5"
Appearance: Long, very dark brown hair, which is always in a braid(french braid) That reaches to just above her waist. Dark blue eyes.
Personality: Very obediant to her master, relatively quiet, especially when she is around many masters, is not completely emotionally mature yet, observant, and kind. She becomes a very fierce opponent when she has a will to do something.
Weapons: Blue lightsaber, can use a blaster if needed, but much prefers her lightsaber.
Other: Loves to climb. Anything and everything.

Last edited by Star Gazer on January 2nd, 2007, 5:02 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 5:27 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Nice characters, especially the first one.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 7:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

Why thank you, Peredhil! (I can call you that... right?) I thought it would be interesting to play a blind elf in an RPG, and so I whipped up a charrie and a bio... I like how it turned out. I am also in the process of finding pics that fit my charries... I'm not having much sucess...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 4:50 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

hm... I've been in rpgs were you've played Aearion and Karar. hm... if you like, I could try to draw your characters! Though they wouldn't be in color...

I've drawn a few of my characters... though I haven't put them up yet.

Hey, any of you mind giving your oppinions on my characters? here: http://arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtop ... 756be461f0

Your characters are good, and descriptive! I think mine are a little too descriptive compared to others somethimes... *blushes*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 6:53 pm 
Maia
Maia

Sure! That would be awesome! It would also be interesting on how you picture them... Please draw them! It dosn't matter if their in color...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 9:49 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Then it would be one of my first attempt at males... but we'll see. It might be awhile until I can post the pictures on here. What would you like as the backgrounds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 10:27 pm 
Maia
Maia

Uh, a forest I guess, considering that both live there... I can't wait!! :D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2006, 11:29 am 
Maia
Maia

I added a new charrie! She is for the 'Star Crystal ~ Dragon RPG'

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2006, 12:31 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

when you have a Charecter wriiten for a RP in particular and not just one that is used whenever you can like you're others, its useful for yuo and others if you put what the charrie is for at the top, have a look at my pages, they should help you. If of course the charecter can be used in others then you don't need to put the heading. Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2006, 1:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

Oh, Ok. Thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2006, 12:31 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

thats ok, glad to help

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 9th, 2006, 7:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

I have a new charrie up! Quite a interesting story.. it took all of 2 minutes to come up with him... I am quite happy with him, but 2 minutes is quite small compared to my ussual charries.. they take along the lines of 45 min...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2006, 2:59 pm 
Maia
Maia

YAY! I finally got up a pic of my charrie Aearion!! I definatly DID NOT draw it, but I think it works nicely. And there were no probs with color, because its in black and white! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2006, 1:43 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

aw... and just when I was able to get my picture on the computer!

Well... if your still intorested, here it is: http://i7.tinypic.com/44b8zzo.jpg

*goes and puts it on my art topic thingy*

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2006, 12:27 am 
Maia
Maia

I put a poll up! And I would be most appreciative if some of you kind souls would please share your thoughts honestly, so that I may improve on my character make up... type... thing. :P :D:D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2006, 7:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

Alrighty! New charrie up! I myself am quite proud of Jezvar, and am surprised that I came up with him, his race, and his home planet in only about an hour. :blink: