Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Star Systems; A Sci-Fi Story. [Starting!]
PostPosted: June 26th, 2008, 8:26 am 
Elf
Elf

Alright :]

I've posted this on another forum before(not a roleplaying forum) and the idea was kinda popular. So I thought I'd post it here, 'cause it'd be cool to see how it panned out with different characters and a minorly tweaked plot. :P
So here we areee.

This takes place in our galaxy, in the year 9,135(so around 7,ooo years into the future), if you want to know. There have been hard times for the human race on Earth(war, conflicting governements, global warming... you get the picture), but there was one thing they didn't forsee.
During their advancements in technology they created several spacestations, which orbit the planets in the Luna solar system(this solar system). Wrongly thinking that no-one would contact them, they continued to keep to themselves and their little corner of the galaxy/universe, ignoring everything else completely.

After working on the spacestation surveying and working on colonising Pluto, several scientists did a scan of the surrounding stars. Unidentified silent and for the most part invisible ships of incomprehensable size had charted a course for Earth. These scientists straight away reported the sighting. Their case was ignored completely, and hidden away. Inevitably, the ships came, some of them bigger than entire countries. They destroyed everything they saw. There was a massacre - cities were incinerated, rockets and shuttles shot out of the sky, and spacestations reduced to space debris. But a few people escaped. The equivilent of a couple of cities full of people escaped on an unfinished spacecraft/station, the Earth craft Survival1837.

Survival hid in the shadow of the moon until it was safe and any lingering scout ships had passed. It then made its way to a nearby system, orbiting the planet Rona(so far uninhabited by human-level intelligence except for refugees), while the station was finished and in some places, repaired.

So thats the basic story so far. Earth was literally blown to pieces and there are only a few(Earth) humans left. After sampling some of the metal ore and mechanical wiring for one of the scout ships shot down, one of the scientists was able to discover that the lifeform invading the Luna solar system was infact synthetic, rather than organic. Humankind on Earth had never seen such an ore before, and as of yet haven't found anyway for it to be used.

the main population that survived were scientists and some of their families, but there were many people that were near Survival's docking bay at the time of the Artificial Intelligence's(AI's) arrival. Most were left without siblings, parents, and friends, having to surrender their safety into the hands of those who were piloting Survival.

Thats about it, I think, though I probably will still end up forgetting<i>something.</i> Sigh.

The spacestation Survival is orbiting the planet Rona, in a solar system completely alien to the humans aboard it. It hasn't got a cloaking system, so any other race that has space can see it plain as day.

Sooo, that means positions open would either be;
-An undiscovered race on Rona,
-One of the humans that fled from Earth, so scientist, doctor, child, parent... you get the picture.
-An alien approaching Survival via ship/rocket/probe etc.
-Part of the AI pact that destroyed Earth.
-Or anything else you can think of. Let the imagination flow free and wild. :)

Bio's should be something along these lines, please. :)

Quote:
<b>Name;
Age;
Gender;
Character;
Appearance;
Original Homeworld;
Details of Homeworld;
Misc;</b>

Please state whether or not your character is a doctor or a professor/scientist in miscellaneous. :)

Thankyou. :)
Mine are as follows. :]

<b>Name;</b> Carrie
<b>Age;</B> N/A
<b>Gender;</b> Female
<b>Race;</b> Human/AI(see Misc.)
<b>Character;</b> Quiet, gentle, caring. She can be a bit over-analytical and a bit secretive. Her not-quite-human-nature and little understanding of such things(including that of other races) can be irritating for some, but on the whole she's fun, and generally a good humoured person. May get firey easily.
<b>Appearance;</b> http://i32.tinypic.com/j5feoo.jpg
http://allstars-online.net/bw-bosworth16.html
http://allstars-online.net/bw-bosworth10.html
http://allstars-online.net/bw-bosworth09.html
http://allstars-online.net/bw-bosworth08.html
http://allstars-online.net/c-bosworth12.html
http://allstars-online.net/c-bosworth15.html
<b>Original Homeworld;</b> N/A
<b>Details of Homeworld;</b> See above.
<b>Misc;</b> Carrie is the computer that runs most of Survival's primary and secondary systems. She is basicly a computer in the mind of a human body, able to control and manipulate the muscles in exactly the same was a human would.

In-depth thing about the computer-human body connection below(sorry for the length... :duh:).
The human brain uses electrical signals as signs for the body to move a certain muscle or whatever. Well, Carrie's physical form is a body that is fully function but has no sense of self; therefore cannot operate itself as a normal being would.

A computer is basicly the same as us - we are just organic machines. The computer also uses electrical signals to complete functions - so they're basicly the same. Combining the two would just be a matter of making it so the brain can translate a wireless signal ommitted by the computer. The human body can be interface by a small chip a bit like a decoder, something that can re-arrange a computers electrical signals into patterns the brain can recognise, therfore giving it a personality and a mind so it can think.

This link is important; it connects everything that Carrie is to the human body she's "inhabiting". If the link is severed or blocked, it can be shown as pain or she'll go into "shut down", which means she can't operate. She's still alive, in a sense, she's just stuck in the computer once again.

The process of connecting the two - computer and human brain - can be risky. If the wrong signals are given then theres a a risk of seizures, etc, which can be fatal, if not to Carrie, to the body that she uses.

The computer should be within close range to Carrie, so usually she uses a small hand held piece of what looks like glass, which holds data files and can relay the signal from much bigger distances.
[end of long complex rubbish ;)]

<b>Name;</b> Iris
<b>Age;</B> 5
<b>Gender;</b> Female
<b>Race;</b> Human/Earthling
<b>Character;</b> Shy and quiet. Nervous around strangers especially, though when she's at home is a curious and attentive child.
<b>Appearance;</b> http://sophie0305.deviantart.com/art/smile-89719484
<b>Original Homeworld;</b> Earth, before destruction.
<b>Details of Homeworld;</b> One moon, several satelites, third from the(single) Sun. Home to Humans - Earthlings.
<b>Misc;</b> Was born in England, her mother was a doctor and her father a scientist. Neither made it to Survival.

<b>Name;</b> Jacob Staleigh.
<b>Age;</b> 37
<b>Gender</b> Male
<b>Race;</b> Human/Earthling
<b>Character;</b> Cool and calculating, he never believes anything without overwhelming proof. He's gentle and understanding though, and a great companion, with a comforting and trusting element to his personality.
<b>Appearance;</b> http://deafdumbdone.deviantart.com/art/ ... r-15473836
<b>Original Homeworld;</b> Earth, before destruction.
<b>Details of Homeworld;</b> See Iris's Bio.
<b>Misc;</b> Jacob was one of the scientists that was working on colonising Pluto when the ships were discovered. He stuck by the evidence even when it destroyed his career,and found himself helping anyone in the vicinity of Survival to escape when the ships did arrive. Ususally is addressed as Professor Staleigh, though he dislikes the way it sounds.

EDIT: A picture of Survival; http://images.epilogue.net/users/tridi/spacecity.JPG

Wow, that was long.
Haha. Post or PM if anything else is needed, info wise. :D

Carrie -- DarkMelda
Zoe Anders -- Phoenix
Lizzy Hodes -- *Ennostiel*
? -- EvilCupcake
Salene McBride -- Elenriel of Mirkwood
Corian -- ~Lasbelingur~
Asber -- Nauriel Rochnur
William Jones -- Nauriel Rochnur
Adran -- smeagollum
Kayne Rhydderch -- The~Doctor
Lori Moore -- Misa_Amane
Sasha Knight -- Anduril Vanlhach
? -- [ L o t h i r i e l ]
Dilaia Kanshynne -- Esteleth

Notes on Ronians/minor plot details to come. :)

So, starting! See page 5 for the beginning peoples! :D

Last edited by Darkheart on August 2nd, 2008, 4:19 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2008, 4:22 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Wow..this sounds amazing. Count me in and I'll get a bio up as soon as I can. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2008, 6:30 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I shall be joining :happy:
Bio up in a min ;)

Name; Lizzy Hodes
Age; 21
Race; Human
Gender; Female
Character; Calm, quiet. Keeps her head in dangerous situations; can take charge, but doesn't like to. Lizzy is a loner. She doesn't like interacting with others. She has been very shy and nervous since Earth was destroyed, barely talking unless engaged in conversation by someone else. Very defensive, usually snaps at people trying to talk to her or if they mention her family
Appearance; Picture in a min ;)
Original Homeworld; Earth
Details of Homeworld; See Iris and Jacob Staleighs bios - DarkMeldas post :)
Misc; Lived in England with her parents and two brothers. Doesn't get on with her mother but her mother ws the only other one who made it to "Survival". Her mother has ignored her since and lives with one of the other survivors on Rona (I don't think those two will come into it, so wont do bios.)

That okies Darkyness? :P

Last edited by *Ennostiel* on July 27th, 2008, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2008, 7:30 am 
Elf
Elf

That is indeed awesome. :)

I shall note you both down. :]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2008, 9:31 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

darkyyy, i shall do mon bio later.
eeep, will be intresting to see how this one plays out! :D
[omg. i almost wrote B.O!!! durh to cupcakey.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2008, 9:15 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

May I join? Here is my bio. Let me know if I need to change anything.

Name; Salene McBride
Race: Human
Character: Generally friendly, sweet and quiet (although she can be moody at times). She is generally calm under pressure. She disdains fighting, but is not afraid to stand up for all that she cares for.
Appearance: http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6071/maidenwa3.jpg
Original Homeworld: Earth
Details of Homeworld: See Iris and Jacob Staleighs bios - DarkMeldas post
Misc: She lived in England all of her life and was the only one of her family to get on Survival. She studied abroad for a few years and even took martial arts as a girl. Nevertheless, she feels guilty for not being able to save her parents or younger sister.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 12:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: In my library, unconvering dark and mysterious secrets...

Could I join as an organic being who lives on Rona?

Here's my bio if I can:

Name; Corian (cory-ann)
Age; 23
Gender; Female
Race: Ronian (the differences from a human is Ronians have extremely pale skin (even though Rona is a deserty planet), they have incredibly fast reflexes, they cannot smell anything, and their eyes are extremely keen. Ronians are used to being very warm, and it is life-threatening if they go somewhere that is less than 90 degrees farenheight. Warm to them is about 120 degrees.)
Character; Corian is a friendly person. Though even it takes a lot to get her upset, you won't want to be near when she is.
Appearance; Short (5 ft.), she has black flowing hair but white eyes, she wears a black skirt and a blue shirt w/ long sleeves and a black cloak
Original Homeworld; Rona
Details of Homeworld; Rona is a deserty planet, like having the Sahara expand and cover the whole earth, except the sand is black. The beings who live there, Ronians, live in huge rocks that are the only other things you can see besides sand. A disease wip out 80% of the population ten years ago.
Misc; Corian's parents died when she 13 from a disease that wiped out mst of the tribes of Rona. She has survived on her own since then. She spends most of her time working on her guns.

Is that a good?

Thanks Nurratiel, *Ennostiel*, PD, and Githoniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 4:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

Awesome. I shall update in a sec. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 11:59 pm 
Vala
Vala

Oooo....Fun.
I'll be a Ronian as well

Name: Asber
Race: Ronian
Character: Laid back and a jokster. Quick witted.
Appearance:6 foot 2 inch (average hieght for a Ronian male) Pale skin, red curly hair, and pale grey eyes.
Details of homeworld: After nearly all the tribes were wiped out in the sickness, Asber joined a group of survivors. So far the group has thrived as a peaceful group, and often joins with other groups that formed after the sickness, but with the ever present danger of nomad raiders, the group has to be prepared to defend itself. Asber is part of the defence.

Last edited by Nauriel Rochnur on June 29th, 2008, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 12:11 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

I want to be a Ronian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 12:23 pm 
Elf
Elf

I shall add you all to the list. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 2:33 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

I'll try to get my bio up asap, still trying to work it all out. I'd like to take a Ronian too please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 5:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: In my library, unconvering dark and mysterious secrets...

Fun, now I won't be the only Ronian.
Anyway, the reason why Ronians are so pale is because they get sunburned so bad when they're young that it scars their skin so much, the pigment of their skin never comes back.

Thanks Nurratiel, *Ennostiel*, PD, and Githoniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 7:02 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Gah I feel bad, but I want to revert my character back to a human.
:duh: sorry.

Name: Zoe Anders
Race: Human
Character: Determined though often cynical and prone to dark moods.
Appearance: http://i34.tinypic.com/jhx93s.jpg
Original Homeworld: Earth
Details of Homeworld: Third rock from the sun
Misc: A young and upcoming journalist for a major newspaper. Zoe had just finished her internship before the attack happened. She managed to find her way onto a ship that avoided the attack. Now homeless and jobless, Zoe struggles to cope with the massive changes in her life.

Meh...not too happy with it. But I just couldn't think of anything for her. Hopefully it's okay though.

Last edited by Raivynn Phoenix on July 11th, 2008, 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 11:29 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Me thinks me would like to join, if you wouldn't mind, Dark.

I'll get a bio up in a bit, but a quick question for humans first. Can we have cyborgs? :-D

What does that say for you and I?

Now, three Gods wait on the windowsill
Where one God's blood was lately spilled
While black tongues lap at the spreading pool
And build the strength they need to rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2008, 4:51 am 
Elf
Elf

No worries Phoenix. :)
And yes Doctor, we could probably have cyborgs. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next