Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Faerytale ~ A Rising Storm
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 7:26 am 
Maia
Maia

<center> Faerytale - A Rising Storm </center>

Beyond our world, there is a land that goes by the name of Faery. It is magical, dangerous, as utterly unlike the mortal world as you can imagine. It is the land of the faeries. Quite different from the “fairies” you read about in children’s stories, foolish, banal creatures with sparkly wings and twee dresses. No, the fey are a perilous and capricious folk; they are immortal, doomed to live forever, and do not suffer fools easily. Should a human come into their hands, they will make as much fun as they can over the incident. Fun, by which I mean probable bloodshed.
Their Queen is the ever-beautiful Aladrae, a being of unthinkable power. Her bloodline is of the forest descent; her royal house can be traced back to the 1500s, whereupon in England, her family sprung up into supreme power over the fey.
There are many who wish to overthrow Aladrae and take up the Faery crown for themselves; faeries from all over the world. You see, Faery is a concept, not an exact place. The name covers a whole score of places, and only the one with the ancient rites and the power of Midsummer can be called the monarch of Faery. To call oneself king or queen involves a great summoning of power; to overthrow a Faery queen is more difficult than you might think.
So here Aladrae dwells, in forest in England, unknown to the mortals. Her palace lies deep underground, hidden, and only those who know well this labyrinth can enter it.

“Your Majesty…”
Aladrae did not look up from her book at the messenger, who waited patiently before her, not daring to tap his foot. Such a vanity could be paid for greatly, and he did not want his fate to repeat that of the last messenger, who had been sent to the dungeons for daring to huff a bit too loudly while the queen kept him waiting.
“Your Majesty…”
A pause. Aladrae looked up, her sweet smile twitching up the corners of her lips. “Yes?” she queried, putting her book down on her lap. Her blue eyes watched him, twinkling.
“I have a message from America, Your Majesty.”
Aladrae rolled her eyes. “Be quick with it then.”
He cleared his throat. “You know the name of Fryn Ardhi?” he said carefully. The queen nodded. “Well, he informs us, by letter, that his territory has been destroyed.”
“Destroyed? How?” a flare of interest lighted her eyes. She was frowning. Fryn was one of her allies, if never her friend, and to learn his territory, one of the most extensive and influential in America, had been destroyed was disturbing.
“By fire,” the messenger said quietly.
She cursed under her breath then looked at him sternly. “Humans?”
A nervous pause.
“Humans?”
“Y-y-y-yes Your Majesty,” the messenger stammered, anxious under her gaze. “Indeed.”
“Cursed vermin,” she hissed. Biting down on her lip, she waved him away. He gratefully turned, before she spoke up again, her tone fierce. “But let it be known to everyone that if any mortal is found on our territory, they should be sent to me immediately, innocent or not, and suffer the consequences of stepping foot on my land.”
With that he rushed away and Aladrae sat back on her throne with an audible hiss.
So it has come to this, she thought. If Fryn Ardhi’s territory is gone then can we call ourselves safe? But by the Gods, I will not let the same fate be repeated on us.

~~~

Name: Queen Aladrae
Race: Faery
Appearance: http://www.sweetandtalented.com/images/ ... more03.jpg
http://www.sweetandtalented.com/images/ ... more04.jpg
Personality: When in a good mood Aladrae is merry and of excellent cheer, but her mood can change like the flicker of lightning. No one wishes to come under her stormy, and sometimes violent, change of disposition. But despite her mood swings, she is a good queen; she knows how to be a leader, and will not let anything stand in her way.
Apparel: Usually wears shades of silver and grey in long, sweeping robes.
Weapon: Aladrae does not need to carry weapons, for her powers are dangerous enough to anyone who approaches her.
History: Aladrae was born in England, and was raised in the underground stronghold of her people to be the queen of Faery. She was the only child of her parents, and they treasured her. They died when she was sixteen, and she took the throne younger than anyone would have thought she might; but she proved an excellent leader and a fierce opponent to her enemies.

Name: Rose Jenkins
Race: Human
Appearance: http://www.sweetandtalented.com/images/ ... dams36.jpg
http://www.sweetandtalented.com/images/ ... dams38.jpg
Apparel: Usually wears jeans and bright patterned tops. Occasionally wears flowers in her hair, wears battered trainers or sandals, and carries an old suede shoulder-bag.
Personality: Intelligent, observant, good-humored. Has a dry sense of humor. She loves nature, and is a passionate environmentalist.
History: Rose is the eldest daughter of a single mother who works as a university professor; Rose had quite an independent childhood and learnt to look after herself. Her relationship with her family is close despite her mother’s busy work life, and she gets along well with her younger brother and sister, who are both still at secondary school. Rose studies English Literature at college and spends her spare time painting, reading and taking nature rambles.

Name: Kathryn
Appearance: http://www.sweetandtalented.com/images/ ... elly31.jpg
http://www.sweetandtalented.com/images/ ... elly32.jpg
Apparel: Always wears black; her gowns have a more modern edge than most faery’s, since she lives in the city.
Personality: Cunning and sinister. Will stop at nothing to have power. She believes that Aladrae should be overthrown, and above all desires to sit in the place of the queen. She viciously despises humans, and thinks greater strives need to be adopted to be rid of them.
History: Kathryn was raised in the city of London, exiled from any particular faery court. She grew up away from her own folk but was taught the ways of her people; she was always resentful of humans and the power they have. When she was 18 she was brought to Aladrae’s stronghold and she took a dislike to the new queen, at that time two years younger than Kathryn. Kathryn begun to gather like-minded faeries to her and years of ceaseless plotting begun. A year later she left the court and went back to London; this is where she circulates with her fellow plotters.
Now, many hundreds of years later, Kathryn plans to return to Aladrae’s court, to put into movement her final plan.

<center> ~RULES~
~There are two races you can play,
-Faery
-Human
~If you play a faery, you can play one of Aladrae's court, or you could be a visitor (for instance an ambassador) from another faery territory.
~If you're playing a human, then your character will have most likely stumbled upon Aladrae's realm by accident. If they are captured then they will be held as a prisoner; it is a very dangerous time for mortal folk in Faery - they are treated with suspicion since the attack on Fryn Ardhi's territory.

<center> ~Characters~
Queen Aladrae - played by Goldleaf
Rose Jenkins - played by Goldleaf
Kathryn - played by Goldleaf
Caitlin - played by Aranel Faelwen
Lilac Roseter - played by Pandora
Drake Foster - played by Pandora
Saffron Mayer - played by *Ennostiel*
Damien Bauer - played by *Ennostiel*
Analiese Belvidere - played by Maethoriel
Langley Belvidere - played by Maethoriel
Finlaogh - played by Turwaithion
Joycelin - played by Lor en Estel
Elizabeth Dolton - played by Lor en Estel
Donavan - played by Nauriel Rochnur
Leila - played by Nauriel Rochnur
Freja - played by Nerissa
Kimberly Lyons - played by Nerissa
Leona - played by DaughterOfDarkheart

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Last edited by ~Goldleaf~ on June 28th, 2009, 6:52 am, edited 12 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 1:58 pm 
Vala
Vala

Sounds wicked. I'd like to join Goldy, I'll get my bios up as soon as I can. :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 2:36 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Name: Lilac Roseter
Appearance: http://www.sweetandtalented.com/images/ ... tson30.jpg
http://www.sweetandtalented.com/images/ ... tson29.jpg
Personality: Lilac is quite the wicked being. Sarcastic at the core and can be almost evilly persuasive when she wants to be. Don't be fooled by her name because she is anything but sweet. It is nothing more than a front for her devilish ways. She is a member of Queen Aladrae's court and does not take highly to those who get in the Faery's way. She can be charming at times, but that too is just a game to her to get what she wants.
Apparel: Eccentric dresses made of tulle and silk. Hats are a necessity for her outfits as well as an assortment of jewels. Favorite colors are black and silver.
Weapon: Her lace fan that holds sharp knives in each fold, and of course her wicked tongue.
History: Lilac was born in Scotland, but moved to England when he parents died to live with her aunt who happened to be a member of the Queens court. She grew up quickly under her Aunt's watchful eye and learned many things from the woman before she too died of unnatural causes. That was when Lilac took her place on the Queen's court and became a fierce force to be reckoned with.

-----

Name: Drake Foster
Appearance: http://www.sweetandtalented.com/men/ima ... lder21.jpg
http://www.sweetandtalented.com/men/ima ... lder23.jpg
Personality: Drake is a very approachable man. He is rarely without a smile or a positive attitude when around those that he is comfortable with. But get on his bad side or say something wrong and he can become quite vicious, and never ever bring up his past otherwise he will become a very dangerous man.
Apparel: Earthy colors and light fabrics that allow him to move freely.
Weapon: The powers of the earth.
History: Drake doesn't really remember his past, he woke one morning amidst a forest with nothing but the skin on his back and a strange mark across his torso. He was young at the time and was found by a Faery who brought him to where they lived. Over the years he grew knowledgeable about their customs and was quick to become an ambassador to the 'Earth' Faeries as the 'humans' would call them.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 4:02 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I think I'm going to join Goldy [if that's okies :P ]
Started typing this up a few times, and then deleted, and then typed etc but I need to start RPing here so why not :teehee:
Bio(s) up soon hopefully :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 4:06 pm 
Maia
Maia

Great to have you all on board, guys! :-D Welcome! Pandora, those charries are awesome ^_^

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 4:12 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I'll join in.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 4:24 pm 
Maia
Maia

Alrighty, I've added you :)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 4:48 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'll join as an Faery ambassador.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 4:50 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[thanks Goldy!! do I just start?]

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 5:06 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'll put you down Tur! :)

And Pandora, we can all start when everyone's got their bios up :-D

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 7:52 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Analiese Belvidere
Appearance: http://a.media.soapnet.go.com/media/ima ... ndGirl.jpg
Personality: Severely lacking in common sense, Analiese leaps before she thinks and often doesn't understand why people get angry. Most people think she's stupid, but she's just a bit sheltered from being the baby of a well to do family
History: Born to a wealthy family she has been doted on and spoiled to wear it has become a problem. She and her brother fell into the Faery realm while they were watching clouds one day.

Langley Belvidere
Appearance: http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb ... ristas.jpg
Personality: Protective of his younger sister, but overall very kind and often talkative. He is also very stubborn and is the one to make decisions.
History: Born to a wealthy family he grew up privileged. His mother and father's only request was that he watch over his sister when they were out or couldn't see her, and he took it to heart - even if it did annoy him sometimes. Fell through the void with his sibling and can't quite decide how to get out.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2009, 8:35 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Oo! This looks very cool! May I join?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 1:29 am 
Vala
Vala

*Joins!*

Name:Donavan
Appearance: http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo18 ... ap0186.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj13 ... a-1x13.png
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yPWyFZEdY0s/S ... tesla1.jpg
Personality: Quite the trickster, and wickedly snarky. He's not cruel, per say, more like mishevious.

Name: Leila
Appearance: http://whyfame.com/gossip/2008/july/1/g ... n_1092.jpg
http://www.btinternet.com/~digital.wall ... rson_1.jpg
Personality: Doesn't often speak, not because she is timid or shy, but because she only speaks when she has something important to say. Beneath her quiet, soft exterior she is very stubborn, silently making her will known. She is not rash and thinks before she acts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 7:00 am 
Maia
Maia

Maethoriel and Nauriel, great charries! :-D And Lor, of course you can join :-D

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 10:39 am 
Elf
Elf

Name: Finlaogh
Appearance: Finlaogh wears his black hair past his shoulders, and has very pale skin. Standing at 5' 9'', he has little musculature, but is extremely agile. Finlaogh has a small scar on his cheeck from a stray arrow in his youth, and a crooked nose.
Personality: Finlaogh feels insults keenly, and has often killed those who besmirch his honour. Though he can be violent, he will always do what he deems best for his people. He views Humans as little better than violent genocidals, though ome races he repecs by wearing thier garb or weapons. After the Seven Years War, he has learned that the Humans are never ones to keep promises, and thus, sees them as untrustworthy as they are violent.
Garb: Finlaogh wears the beaded belt and of an Iriquois warrior, as he spent his life living amongst them as a scout. However, he additionally wears an ankle-legnth tunic of dark red cloth, and a beaded crossbelt.
Weapons: Finlaogh carries a native tomahawk, in addition to a war club, edged with a row of bear's teeth, and topped with a metal wolf's head.
History: Born in Canada 1629, Finlaogh was trained as a diplomat after the coming of foriegn Faeries. While the European powers fought with the natives for land, Finlaogh negotiated with other Faery Lords and Ladies to preserve the lands of his Lord, a Faery named Raeshdam. After preserving the lands of his people, Finlaogh was sent to England, to serve as an Ambassador from the major territory of Canada. Since then, he has served dutifully as an advisor an ambassador to Queen Aladrae.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 1:13 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hope these are okies goldy. :)

Name; Saffron Mayer
Gender; Female
Race; Faery
Age; Unknown
Appearance; Saffron 1 ~ Saffron 2
Personality; Bright and energetic, tends to jump into things without thinking, which usually gets her into trouble. Very friendly, and will talk to anyone but it takes her a while to actually trust anyone completely.
History; Saffron was born and raised in Vienna, until she and her family were exiled for reasons her parents wouldn’t tell her. She moved around a lot, not staying in one place too long until she thought enough time had passed for her to resurface. She didn’t dare go back to Vienna, but instead made her way to London where she has been for the past few years.

Name; Damien Bauer
Gender; Male
Race; Human
Age; 24
Appearance; Damien 1 ~ Damien 2
Personality; Cool and quiet. Tends to think things through before acting but he can’t resist a bet or a taunt and is quietly confident/cocky - always believes he knows best and will win.
History; Lived in London all his life. Left school early to work at his family’s business but left a year ago to go back into education - to college. Currently a student, living off his family’s wealth.

Profile       WWW